• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen How long did it take you to beat the Main Story?

How long does it take you to beat B/W?

• 50+ hours

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • 40-50 hours

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • 30-40 hours

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • 20 hours or less

Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Haven't played them/Haven't beaten them

Votes: 18 26.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    I'm taking it slow this time. I really want to enjoy this game and I am really working on my pokemon.
    I improted pokemon White from japan and went through it really fast(one reason is my japanese is only so-so).
    But 5 hours in and just about to beat the 2nd gym.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • Got it on the 6th and still haven't completed it. Due to work all the time. But my little brother completed it on the first day. Now its collecting dust as he isn't into competitive battling like me.

CptSwaggerPants

Hi, I'm John Wayne..JK, I CAMP
    Years
  • 1 day, and it took that long because I was sick. I wanted to hurry and beat the story so I could explore and have fun training my favorite Pokemon (:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Since these two threads share a similar topic I've merged them together.

As for myself, I've been playing for around 22 hours from the day of the US release and I'm still playing at the moment.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • I just beat the main story at 20 hours and I must say it's a great game and that I hate this thing
    635.png

Years
  • It appears I go pretty slow judging by that poll. I've just finished scouting the Pokemon League and I'm just over 40 hours. I honestly think I'll be close to 50 by the time I have a team good enough to win.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    It took me 94 hours. :) I would've waited longer but I got bored of my pokedex goal.

Years
  • I have 30 hours of game play and have only got to the credits. And found 1 of the 7 sages. I'm trying to beat Cynthia but i need to get to higher levels and decide what I really want for a team.. It will probably take me 50+ hours or so.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    Took me a week, but game hours had a total of 25 hours. Game was extremely short. A lot more could've been put into the story. But either way, by far the best story and game so far.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2011
    I believe it was just under 30 hours, but I put 30-40 since it was the closest option. This game seemed kind of short.

Years
  • Took just around the 40hour mark for me to clear the routes and beat the E4 and Champion Adler.

Tho i did take my time to enjoy the game, and a lot of time breeding and trading with a lot of people, all the trading have just been really great, so didn't feel like i had to do it any faster.

Back