• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How long did it take you to finish the game?

Pyro da Infernape

Pokemon Junkie -.-
Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2010
    Well how long did it take you to finish HG/SS? Or have you not finished yet. it took me about a week :P

pauldan00b

Veteran Breeder/Elite Trainer
    Years
  • With an adequate amount of grinding and training, along with exploring the new features I had all 16 badges by the 21st hour. Im currently training to take on Red and have a more comfortable level range for that battle.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • I was trying to go slow, but I ended up defeated Red in 6 days anyways. :/

I'm trying to go slow, too. I have 45h and I'm at Blackthorn City; got the game on Wednesday.

I should have it done in about two weeks :P I'm a Pokemon Collector / Breeder, so I put a lot of extra time into certain things.

Spial

//////////\\\\\\\\\\
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2010
    32 hours i got all the badges and beat Red.

ilikeluigi

Team Rocket's only hope
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2014
    I got to red and beated him in 8 hours (Yes, I have no life)

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • When I get it (later today) , I'll start slow ...

Move slow , and get the E4's ass kicked twice in a month with my original team . Seriously , I like stopping and smelling flowers ! ^^ mostly in games !

Years

• I'm trying to go slow, too. I have 45h and I'm at Blackthorn City; got the game on Wednesday.

I should have it done in about two weeks :P I'm a Pokemon Collector / Breeder, so I put a lot of extra time into certain things.

I agree, I am at about 45 hours as well at Blackthorn City. I have a job and school, so I usually don't have that much time to play it. I care a lot about making my pokemon all around the same level, and I want to do everything that I have to in each city. Also, I walk all the way back (well now I have Fly) when I get a call about someone who found something they wanted to share (I think it's Liz and Wade?). Did anyone notice that it's become harder to level up? I use the in-game battles as comparisons on where I should be with my team level-wise, and the Team Rocket Executive had a level 38 houndour...that was a little bit hard.

Tvan

Boiler Up!
    Years
  • I have played through and beaten all 16 gyms in 31 hours. Not up to Red yet, all of my pokemon are low 50's.

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
  • I think you guys spend too much time playing this ... I haven't beat the Elite 4 because I'm still raising a few Pokemon you should savor the experience.

Back