• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How long did it take you to finish the game?

Massacre.

sky's on fire again
    Years
    It took me 16 hours to beat the E4. I'm messin with Red now, I am at 47 hours now.
    It took longer than expected, but I also got the National Pokedex at 38 hours.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    about 60hr

I didn't play for a month, so i did some random things to get me back on the rails.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
    20 - 30 hours I forgot since i finished it last year in JPN,and this year in ENG(early in this year) so I forgot.

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    18 hours to beat red. zzzzzzz bored of pokemon again..

Peterdea

Wisdom, Justice and Love
    Years
    I took my time while playing Heart Gold so it took me a long time. How long exactly I can't remember... Because since passing it I have played at least another 100 hours, so working it out is too painful!

Tanaie

•♥~Yaoi~♥•
    Years
    Well...Lets see...
    It took me a little less then 24 hours to beat the Elite four, and then about another 24 hours to get all the badges in Kento. After that I pretty much just relaxed. Caught mewtwo, the legendary birds, played a few rounds in the Poke'athon and then faced Red.

dyenguard

Burst of Flame!
    Years
    It took me about 70 hours to beat the main story plus red, but I did it all in a week! :D

im still doing all the extras so my time is 123 hours

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
    It's been over 7 months and I still haven't been able to finish Soul Silver. Hopefully during the Christmas break I'll be able to finish my game.

Yuii

PokéBreeder
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2011
    It took me about a week. :p Probably a couple days of game time.

Ace Trainer Jessie

call me ATJessie
    Years
    I started a new game on Sunday the 14th, and am about to take on the Ice Path and get the 8th badge. So it's taking me a bit to ebat, but I do have a life outside of Pokemon (sadly).

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    Took me around a few days to complete Johto, I was dissapointed it went so fast, so I took my time in Kanto and not sure how long it was until I finally beat Red.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    21 hours to beat red...
    Spent 9 hours during the first 5 badges and 4 hours for the remaining 3 at Johto. For kanto, spent 4 hours only and spent 3 hours grinding to beat Red... I had to spent 9 hours for the first 5 badges of the game because of the stupid lighthouse.(did not know how to get up)

Back