• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How long have you had your Nintendo DS?

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
    How long have you had the DS you have right now? And what kind of DS is it?

When the original Nintendo DS was released, I ended up getting it as a Christmas gift along with some games.

Then, when the DS Lite was released, I bought the Crimson and Black DS lite with the money I earned from my birthday, and gave my original DS to my 5 year old cousin (I know, I'm a saint aren't I, :P)

And now, I still have my DS Lite. It's in perfect condition (maybe because I returned it once while it was still under the warranty) and I plan to keep it that way as long as possible.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I think I got my first of four DSes in 2006; I remember it was a blue Phat model. My brother broke it some time in 2007, so I got a black DS Lite to replace it. The touch screen was defective on it, so I sent it back and got a new one that worked perfectly for three years. Eventually, the hinge broke on it, which prompted me to get my current DS, which has a few problems which are trivial at best but still annoying.

I'm waiting for the 3DS to come out to replace this one, so... yeah.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I've always thought of my DS as new, buuut come to think of it, I guess I did get it in 2005.

It's one of the original white, DS Lites. Nothing' special. xD

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    The DS I have right now? It was a birthday gift in 2007 I believe....maybe...

It's the special edition DS Lite that came packaged with Phantom Hourglass, and I got it for my birthday the year that I bought D/P for Christmas... According to Wikipedia, PH came out in June 2007, but my birthday is is May...huh? Maybe I got it as a random gift during the middle of the summer, because I know for sure I bought D/P for christmas 2007 because my original Diamond file had a start date as Dec. 26, 2007, and I had to have had my DS before I bought both Pokemon games (with the intention of gifting the second to my brother, who has his own DS)...gaaahh, so confusing. >_<

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I got my black Lite in... I think it was '07. Maybe '08. Since then I've broken it in half and bought a blue one. I was considering buying a DSi until E3 came along, and all the rumors predicting the 3DS will be stateside around March '11 has almost gotten me to stop buying things altogether until it comes out, or I know how much the system and a game will be. Paper Mario ftw, I bet'cha.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    I've always thought of my DS as new, buuut come to think of it, I guess I did get it in 2005.

It's one of the original white, DS Lites. Nothing' special. xD
    ds lite came out in 2006.
    I got my phat blue ds in 2005, after seeing one of my friends ds, i saved up half a years pocket money and birthday money to get one. I haven't bought any other ds knowing that one day a new handheld will come out. So i've stuck to my ds for 5 years and have overused it so much that the battery only lasts for 20 minutes now.
    Hopefully it will last me to the end of the year, where i shall get the long waited 3ds.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I think I got mine in 2005; I recall silver being the only available colour at the time. It's the original kind of course.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I got my big, fat blue DS in summer 06, I think. And my silver DS Lite last summer. :)

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    My Original DS Lite... I got that in Winter my senior year of High School, so early 2007. But the hinge broke recently and I had it replaced late last summer with a classic blue DS which has given me no issues.

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I've had My white DS lite since 2006 or 2007.
    too bad the screen hinge is broke. :(

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
    Seems like almost everyone has a DS lite :P

Does anyone have a DSi, or a DSi XL?
    I plan on buying one soon (as soon as I save up my non-existing cash :P)

salmence33

I'm out here
    Years
    • He/him
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    I got a regular DS in '05 but the hinges broke about two years later so I got a DS lite

after reading all of these posts it seems as if breaking hinges is a regular thing

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    I love my Turquoise Nintendo DS Lite :D
    I've had mine for almost 3 years now, so I got it Christmas 2008.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I got my DS Phat back around when Pokémon Dash released, so March 2005. Wow, it doesn't seem that long at all. XD; It still works fine and aside from a few small dents and large paint scratches, it's in great condition.

I got my DS Lite in April 2007 as a partial birthday gift to myself (my mom helped me pay for it u_u). I wanted a new DS all to myself for Pokémon Diamond. :) I still use this DS today but Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days so much use has really worn it down. The A button doesn't work if I press it certain ways and while the L button usually works, the R button only works like half the time. :\ I've taken AMAZING care of it but it's just been used so much that it's wearing out.

I need a new one but now that the 3DS has finally been announced, I guess I should wait. D: But I'll keep watching for the pink DSi to go down in price. n_n;;

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I got my first and only DS in 2005. Inspecting it now and its condition is awful. Dents and scratches everywhere. It was silver when I got it, now it looks black.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I had my DS Lite since November 2008 (Pink). So almost two years. And in those two years I played it maybe 3-10 times. I haven't played it in a while. I am not too big on video games anymore. But if I get in the mood, of course I will play it.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I've had my DS Lite for just shy of a year now, though I bought it refurbished from GameStop.

It replaced a DS Phat dating back to about the time Diamond and Pearl were released. Toward the end of its life the hinge got busted, the L and R buttons stopped working and the battery charger failed. And I had one hell of a time dealing with a negligent Amazon Marketplace seller before finally deciding to go to GameStop for the replacement Lite.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I got mine whenever they came out with the second wave of DS phats in new colors (mine's blue) before the advent of DS Lites. It's the only DS I've ever had and it's never had any issues :3

Back