• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen How Many Hours

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    In Ruby, it was somewhere around 90 or so. In Sapphire, it was only 20; haven't played this game much, unfortunately. As for Emerald, that's got to be somewhere next to 200. Used to play it addictively, every single day. Plus, this was the one I've ever spent time trying to complete PokéDex, which would also explain why it was this high, haha.

Years
  • I don't remember how much I had in my older files, but I think my first Emerald had at least 100 hours before I lost it. My current one has 81:36.

And my Ruby version I completed my recent challenge with 22:58.

Years
  • I've restarted my Sapphire multiple times over now, so my current save file is only around the 30-40 hour range. If I were to combine my overall time playing it though, I'd say it easily tops 500 hours (and given the fact there isn't much of a post-game, I find that pretty impressive). As for Emerald, I never had a copy myself, but having borrowed one from a friend, I probably put 100 hours into it over the summer that I had it.

Years
  • My highest was Sapphire, iirc, with around 300 hours. Not sure how I managed to clock so many since I wasn't into breeding or the like back then. But contests, Spinda hunting, and secret base record mixing were the most fun I've ever had in a Pokemon game. :D

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
    Years
  • For Emerald, I had 930 hours played. Note that roughly half of this time was spent planning and fighting at the Battle Frontier. I could never beat the Battle Factory as a kid, and I could not EV/IV for quality Pokemon to win at the other places.

Ever since I picked up Pokemon again, I've finally figured the Battle Frontier out and got all Gold medals. I felt like it was something I had to do for Emerald.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Since the games are conveniently sitting next to me, let's check:
    Sapphire: 216:49
    Ruby: 0 (bought it, but it's still in the packaging; I should find it and play through a challenge on it or something before ORAS)
    Emerald: 70:03

Overall, more hours than I had thought, though I've played more on other games (I think LeafGreen is around 350, and I have more playtime on some of the other generations).

Mega Venusaur

Muncher
    Years
  • In Emerald I devoted over 200 hours of my life completing the storyline whilst grinding my Pokémon, and then somehow completing the Hoenn Pokédex.

Queen Azura

Mistress of Midnight
    Years
  • I actually managed to, by the time I stopped playing, log 820~ hours into Pokemon Emerald. Much of that time was spent leveling my team to level 100 and collecting many Lugia, which was my "goal" at the time. Including event Lugia, trades from random people, Lugia caught at Navel Rock, and imports from many, many playthroughs of Pokemon XD, I managed to have an entire box full of Lugia in that Emerald. One of them was even a soft-reset Shiny Lugia, named Crimson. I migrated the army to Pearl, and they're still there to this day.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    The last time I remember checking my hard copy of my Emerald it read around 500 hours. I used to believe in that thing where after I got to 550 Jirachi would appear from space or something stupid lol, so that's why i had so much.

Back