• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How many languages do you speak?

How many Languages do you speak?

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • 1 and little bit...

Votes: 9 22.0%

Votes: 6 14.6%

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • 4 or more

Votes: 8 19.5%

• Total voters

Zapchu

Da' Evolution Chu
    Years
    Uhm...English, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese, Taiwanese, and my own language that only I myself can understand. :) So that makes 5!

My own language is a combination of all four of those of which very few people can understand because I replace the vocab I don't know with something from another language...I don't know how I can do this, but I'm sure lots of other people have this weird skill of mixing languages together.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I myself don't think knowing just a few words constitutes knowing a language. -_- Okay, maybe you can greet someone and say good-bye in another language, but that doesn't mean you can speak it. It means you can repeat phrases from memory. o_O;; Speaking it should require one to be able to formulate sentences from scratch, requiring a fairly decent amount of vocabulary. @_@ But I'm just rambling.

eliana said:
    Well my dad said French Grammar is a bit hard....*thinks* ho hum
    The grammar isn't really hard. =\ Once you get used to having (most of) the adjectives after the nouns and how everything has a "gender," it's fairly easy to grasp. x_X I'm just having trouble with the verb conjugations right now for some reason. ;_; It got really hard this year all of a sudden.

Zapchu said:
    My own language is a combination of all four of those of which very few people can understand because I replace the vocab I don't know with something from another language...I don't know how I can do this, but I'm sure lots of other people have this weird skill of mixing languages together.
    xD I want to learn your language one day!

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    I can Speak, Write, and Read - English and Mandarin Chinese.

I take French in school. And I also know some Japanese and Taiwanese. =)

100marios

Reigning Dork Champion of PC
    Years
    I know quite a bit in the ways of English, (Go figure, hehe) but I'm not the type of person that languages come easy to. I've been taking Spanish for the longest time, and I just can't seem to get anything to stick!

Well...

Donde esta el bano?

...There's always that, hehe.

I really would like to learn another language though, like Japanese, so I can finally learn what all those little lines and what not mean when I come across them in shows and stuff.

And... I guess I kind of popped up out of nowhere, hehe.

Teara

First visit in 4 years (oops)
    Years
    Ahah!! I've anzwered thiz pole before during the zummer but back then I only knew Englizh. Now I can proudly zay...that I ZTILL only zpeak Englizh =D
    Although I am taking a German clazz and I'm learning it really well ^_^

tehehe,poopzin =o

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Lol, I am really only fluent in English... I'm from Hawaii, but if someone just randomly walked up to me and started speaking to me in Hawaiian then I would most likely not have a clue what they were saying. XD I know several words in that language thanks to my mom, but not enough to really be useful if I ever went back and lived there. (But, almost everyone there speaks English too, so I guess I'm in luck!) I also know a bit of Japanese, but it's like the case with the Hawaiian words--I don't know that much, despite having several nice books on how to learn it, lol. I just can't ever really get into all of the complicated stuff.

Codecrakr

My mother never hugged me.
    Years
    I can speak English (of course), German, and Spanish. I actually lived in Ramstein, Germany for awhile, and I got Spanish from classes in school, so...

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    I'm pretty gifted, I can speak almost 5 languages, Portuguese, Spanish, English, French, and I'm supposed to be learning German for the Credit at some German School. It's going to look really good on any resum? I send in to work, they like when people can speak more than one language ;)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Dizzy said:
    I'm pretty gifted, I can speak almost 5 languages, Portuguese, Spanish, English, French, and I'm supposed to be learning German for the Credit at some German School. It's going to look really good on any resum? I send in to work, they like when people can speak more than one language ;)
    Indeed, you're right. ^_^ I think bilingualists in Canada are paid up to 20% more or something. Probably less, actually, but still - that's pretty significant. So I can't really figure out why so many people dropped out of French in grade 10.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Lightning said:
    Indeed, you're right. ^_^ I think bilingualists in Canada are paid up to 20% more or something. Probably less, actually, but still - that's pretty significant. So I can't really figure out why so many people dropped out of French in grade 10.
    Hey! @_@ I have no need for French, at all. Even if it brings more money, that is not a good enough reason for me to learn it. And I can't suddenly become good at it in Gr. 10. I've had horrible, horrible French teachers all my life (except for last year, I didn't like her...but she was good). And there's no wa I can learn the language without being taught all the elementary stuff first. So, my excuse seems valid to me.

Back