• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How Many More Years Will Pokemon be Around?

Teto

- - wobbuffan. ☆
    Years
    well, if pokemon is going the way it is popularity wise, i'm pretty sure it'll be around
    for a long time. the creators are making millions. =w=
    i do hope it lasts forever though. /wishfulthinking/ ;O;​

Years
    Seeing as it's the second most successful video game franchise of all time, I doubt it'll be going away any time soon. I mean, look at Mario. It's been 29 years since he first appeared in Donkey Kong and he's still going strong.

It's one of the longest-running childrens' animated TV series and one of the most successful video game franchises. I know it will eventually have to come to an end, but it won't be for a long, long time.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    the thing with mario is that he's only one person so they only have to create new adventures and storylines for him but every new pokemon has 100+ new pokemon. it's hard to say, as long as there are people with ideas then it should go on for awhile, hopefully they don't get burned out on it

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I don't know, to be honest. If GameFreak is coming up with new Pokemon at a steady rate, I'm estimating around 10 more years.

GaXeL

Feraligatr Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    They need to remake the Pokemon stadiums the right way and i'll bet you they're workers will get double the salary

RainbowWing

Returned from the ashes
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2018
    I have the feeling that isshu will be the last for pokemon,
    mostly because the anime and game seem to tie in very well with the previous arcs.
    I might be wrong though... Dx

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
    I hope for pokemon to last longer than what I do, but if not...
    I'll have regets, but I'll also see it as a chance to start something new.
    I have my own critters, in my mind that is, for years now. if pokemon dies, they may then become public... They most defintely WON'T be poke-clones, not with my unique ideas.

butterbiscuit

Potential!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2013
    As long as Nintendo can milk money from it, there will be Pokemon.

And that means Pokemon is gonna stick around.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    As long as pokemon can capitalize of the profits of the consumers they will keep producing. I know people will say they are running out of ideas but they are plenty of different species of animals yet to be used. When the money stops flowing then Pokemon will end. As far as I can see there product is just as hot as anything out there today, so I don't see them ending any time soon.

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
    Well...I can't predict the future.
    But hopefully, they would not have made thousands of Pokemon for us to remember. xD
    I prefer remakes and stuffs.

Ebi15

Balanced Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2011
    I hope that it will last long.. i'll be sad if it would end soon:(
    But i doubt it will end.:D

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    I think Pokemon will last for a while, but I'm not sure it'll last any longer. Nintendo or the creators of Pokemon will start to run out of new ideas to do with the shows and games.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    As long as Nintendo can milk money from it, there will be Pokemon.

And that means Pokemon is gonna stick around.
    My thoughts exactly.

In the money-hungry society that we live in, anything that is destined to make lots of it is here to stay. And Pokémon, for better or for worse, is one of these things.

Back