• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How many of you..

Have you used third party programs?

• Yes, and it enhanced my gaming experience

Votes: 31 27.7%
  • Yes, and I regret it

Votes: 16 14.3%
  • No, I have no interest in doing so / it's unfair and I would never

Votes: 45 40.2%
  • No, but i would try it

Votes: 20 17.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MyLove

Is Your Love
Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2009
    Ever used third party programs to do whatever you want in the game (obtain any pokemon/item, etc.).
    If you have, do you feel that you've ruined your game experience or made it better?
    Would you recommend doing so?'
    If you haven't, do you feel that you're a better gamer for playing legitimately?
    What are your opinions on those who use third party programs?

Raven-NAR-32450

The Great and Powerful RAVEN
    Years
  • well i used an action replay to obtain the "event pokemon" because i live in the middle of nowhere and Events don't happen this far out. i like to think i made it better.

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
  • I have an AR, but I don't use it much. I only ever use it to clone my pokes. I don't mind AR cloning, and I don't mind using AR to get events or pokes, as long as the stats aren't unrealistic or anything.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Ever used third party programs to do whatever you want in the game (obtain any pokemon/item, etc.).
    If you have, do you feel that you've ruined your game experience or made it better?
    If you haven't, do you feel that you're a better gamer for playing legitimately?

You first.

Ah, I'll answer them anyway.

I used to clone and trade for EV trained Pokemon, various shinys (not all, just ones I particularly wanted), and events. I started out GTS cloning. But as my Pokemon collection grew, the ability to clone was hampering how many trades I could make at any one time. So I broke down and purchased an Action Replay DS telling myself that it was only for cloning. Right out of the box, it isn't good for much else, besides the easy cheats it comes with like all-items and walk through walls.

Then I stopped trading all together and started learning how to breed and all the advanced game mechanics so I could understand the battling aspect. Which slowly led me to going a bit deeper into hacking, mainly Pokesav. While I do generate teams with Save for battling when individual trainers/leagues/whatever allow it, I know many trainers/leagues/sites have rules against it. So I don't keep any Pokesaved Pokemon on my cart permanently. They are there only for battles, generated only when need be. I still have a lot of legit Pokemon that I use for various purposes, including battling and breeding purposes.

Getting into hacking has also helped me weed out many Pokemon from my trading days, which appear to the untrained eye as 100% legit. One that got by me that shouldn't was a Gardevoire (fortunately, never battled with) with 252 EVs in each stats. Most of them though usually just had a 252 atk/252 speed/6 spread, and then a barely noticeable 40 extra EVs sunk into defense or something like that.

Since I've largely stopped trading "for profit", I'll hand my crap out, or hack stuff for people, give them random eggs from breeding projects, get them TMs/medicines/berries, clone a Hayley Mew, and so on. Of course, even when doing this "for free", people deserve to know the origins of the Pokemon and I try to make sure Pokemon I've been told are legit actually are.

I also don't get why hackers are bad, since hacking has made me basically self-sufficient. I don't see why a hacker would want to go out and scam a trading community, since they can already get whatever, and even make it identical to a legit Pokemon.

So there we go. I hack for convience and to help understand the game better, but I enough understanding to play with 100% legit mons too when need be. I don't fool anyone (or myself) into what I'm doing, and I don't scam people. I'd say I've been scammed a lot more in trades with people using legit Pokes (IE 2:1 deals) than any hackers.

MyLove

Is Your Love
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2009
    I added a poll for those of you who don't feel like posting, but would still like to submit an answer.

To the person above me, no I haven't hacked on pokemon diamond and pearl.
    But that doesn't mean I wont. I'd like to try it to get the event pokemon, or other pokemon that are nearly impossible for me to obtain, however I probably will use it for more then just that, to be quite honest.

I just recently got pokemon pearl ( 11 days ago actually), and bought pokemon diamond today :]. So I haven't had the chance to do such activities.

Note: I did use a gameshark on pokemon yellow and red, haha. ( I was like 8 years old.)

Ice_Emperor

Emperor of all that is.
    Years
  • I used my buddies AR for getting all the TM's. I regret it, but I'd already beaten the game.
    It's easy for me to get more money now and I can optimize my pokemons attacks. But I don't use cheats or anything to affect my pokemonz stats.

CHG-Swampert

Do not make Wigglytuff Laugh
    Years
  • I don't own an AR but i use my friend's like once a month. I dont use noob level up cheats or stat hack but i use to get TMs and to get different pokemon that i need

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • I've used an AR before for my diamond and I still somewhat do, only to get pokemon that I need and want, and for other things. I don't really regret using it at all, since it just saves me time trying to hunt for a pokemon i'm searching for, or getting event pokemon.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Yeah i used one because after 500+ hours of breeding/trading and soft re-setting it gets kinda old ._.

I felt it made it better since i had access to more stuff.

Sup to you. Just make sure you know what you are doing =0

I actually dont blame them.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    ...I admit to using an Action Replay long ago for the purpose of obtaining the event items, as well as a number of Rare Candies specifically for IV checking, but using it for cloning or hacking actual Pokemon? No, I have never done so.

Right now, that Action Replay is gathering dust somewhere. I have not even used it since then.

Last edited:

Sonido

阿散井 恋次
    Years
  • I've never really though of using 3rd party items. It's not really for me and also it ruins your game so I don't bother, I'll rather enjoy the satisfaction of completing the game on my own with no help :).

Becky_x

Looking for a shiny Bellossom
    Years
  • I don't think I could ever use one at all. Firstly there's the fact that I wouldn't feel right knowing I've cheated and not earned it myself properly, but aside from that I'd be really scared it'd ruin my game somehow.

Imagine you'd gone 3/4 of the way through the game and used a cheat for something and lost all your hard work, I'd be gutted!

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    I don't think I could ever use one at all. Firstly there's the fact that I wouldn't feel right knowing I've cheated and not earned it myself properly, but aside from that I'd be really scared it'd ruin my game somehow.

Imagine you'd gone 3/4 of the way through the game and used a cheat for something and lost all your hard work, I'd be gutted!

It has as much chance of ruining your game as ANYTHING would. Darwinism.

IE don't be stupid, and it won't happen. Don't spill chocolate milk and drop your DS (or in the case of AR, don't use too many cheats at once AND don't use cheats you didn't design yourself/came from Dattel).

Draknir

The God of Fire
    Years
  • I admittedly used a Gameshark and an AR several years ago. I quit at the time DP came out though. Now if I get the urge to hack, I just use a Rom.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back