• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How many of you..

Have you used third party programs?

• Yes, and it enhanced my gaming experience

Votes: 31 27.7%
  • Yes, and I regret it

Votes: 16 14.3%
  • No, I have no interest in doing so / it's unfair and I would never

Votes: 45 40.2%
  • No, but i would try it

Votes: 20 17.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I've used Pokesav, if it counts, and I do enjoy using it. It allows me to make perfectly legal Pokemon in a just a few minutes instead of wasting days IV breeding and all that crap. Pokesav is the reason why I've started to play Pokemon again. Without it, Pokemon would never have been a part of my life again.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    For D/P, I have not used any cheating devices, but I have hacked other systems, such as the Playstation and Gamecube. I actually don't care if someone hacks or not, as it's none of my business, and I can't tell them how to play the game they purchased. I just don't like scamming online; it's dishonest.

Still, I'm looking to buy an AR soon since I'm bored of DP. -.-

Years
    I haven't used any myself, but I think I might when platinum comes out. I most likely won't use it before I beat the elite four and get the national dex since that'd just make things too easy. I'd only use it to create pokemon with the nature I want and give them the proper IV's and EV's - I tried to do that all by myself in the past games, and unfortunately it was just too boring for me. So, I think that cheats are going to make my experience much more fun this time! :)

Sonido

阿散井 恋次
    Years
    I've used Pokesav, if it counts, and I do enjoy using it. It allows me to make perfectly legal Pokemon in a just a few minutes instead of wasting days IV breeding and all that crap. Pokesav is the reason why I've started to play Pokemon again. Without it, Pokemon would never have been a part of my life again.
    Don't you think that you would feel better by endless time and effort into making the Pokemon rather than just using a program to do it for you.

If it was me, I wouldn't use Pokesav, I'll rather work hard into training my perfect Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2009
    Ever used third party programs to do whatever you want in the game (obtain any pokemon/item, etc.).
    If you have, do you feel that you've ruined your game experience or made it better?
    Would you recommend doing so?'
    If you haven't, do you feel that you're a better gamer for playing legitimately?
    What are your opinions on those who use third party programs?

I use it once in awhile on spare carts when I just want to have fun.

How many of you..

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    I love Pokesav. Hell yes 995 of every item.

I don't Sav any of my own Pokemon, as I'm paranoid about hacking and I'm worried that the Pokemon could be 'tagged', or something. Yes, I know you can generate a perfectly legit PID with Pokesav, but I'm still worried. I've Sav'd Pokemon for a few friends, though, and that was fun.

Don't you think that you would feel better by endless time and effort into making the Pokemon rather than just using a program to do it for you.

Not everyone likes to grind for hours on end.

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
    In my Ruby/Sapphire Days, I was introduced to the little tool we call "Gameshark". First time I saw it, I was amazed: I could get Pokémon that weren't in Hoenn, like Celebi, Bulbasaur, and Mewtwo. Ever since that, I searched for one here, and found it. I used it non-stop to superhack my Pokémon, with 31 IVs in all stats, Rare Candies, Shinyness, and illegal Attacks (Raikou with a Solar and Ice Beam, xD). But by the time DP came, and as I learned of Wi-Fi, I started to make them seem legit, by taking out their illegal attacks. After a while, I started training them on my own, seeing as how I've forgotten about the hard work of doing so, but then, I found out about PokéSAV. MAybe you know what's next: I've worked myself in learning how to make Pokémom that would seem perfectly legit, and now, I can. But then, I just decided to keep breeding and catching Pokémon the old way, but once caught, I'd modify them for battle in most aspects: Change abilities (like Snorlax's immunity to Thick Fat), give them a proper and good IV spread, make them Lv. 100, Give them a fair EV spread, and also giving them Egg Moves (as well as change the location from caught in the wild, to being born in an Egg). But I also have some perfectly legit ones.

And I think I've had plenty of game experience before, so I don't think I've ruined it. I just think about these as TimeSavers.

Unforgiver i

Unforgiving Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    Those stupid action replays and ways to clone ruin the game. They take the fun out of it.

Wulf

Am I kawaii know? Uguu~
    Years
    I love using it, it just takes out the worthless grind from the game. I don't use it to hack my Pokemon's stats and other stuff like that. I just use it to make everthing just a bit easier.

xiraiya

Future Sinnoh Champion
    Years
    I have used Pokesav to receive the 3 Event items for shaymin, arceus and Darkrai etc. via mystery gift, I feel it made the game better since it was really no different to getting it from Nintendo.

That's about all I use a third part program for (besides checking IV's accurately)

Kudra

IV breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2013
    I never use any cheating device for pokemon. All my pokemon are completely legit. My hours of mindless breeding to get good pokemon prove it. It's just no fun instantly having the best pokemon and takes away from the game experience.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    I never have and have no interest in it, but I do agree that it would be a timesaver. I really don't mind playing against people who use those devices responsively, though.

joehat

Yay
    Years
    Haha I remember way back when I had Pokemon Yellow, I was using a Gameshark to try to catch all 151 Pokemon. I got to Dratini, and then when I went to catch it (using a Gamesharked Masterball of course haha) the game froze. Needless to say I was angry, but decided for one more go. I got about halfway through, and it froze again. I took the Gameshark out, threw it at the wall, stomped on it, and haven't used anything like it since.

Oh wait I did. It's not hacking or anything, but I used to do that cloning trick in Pokemon Silver where you deposit a Pokemon into the PC, save your game (but turn the game off just after it says "saving, don't turn off the power"), and then turn the game back on and, voila, cloned Pokemon. I used to do that for hours on end until I had like 500 rare candies.

I don't think I'll ever feel the need to hack a Pokemon game or buy an AR though.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    I only use AR to obtain evolution items.. since the games usually offer items like the Dubious Disc and the Up-grade once. But I do try my hardest to get the pokémon on my Pokédex legitly, and not using AR to get the items.

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    I use an AR, and all of my Pokemon are technically legit. As in, all my hacked Pokemon have almost random IVs (only 31s where I need them) and 508 EVs and a legal moveset.

I find that using a cheating device instead of breeding and training saves precious time that could go somewhere else. I don't really cheat that much though, ever since Shoddy came out.

Jumpluff

I make the Rules, You follow.
    Years
    I had 3 boxes of Action Replay hacked Pokemon and then I went over to the box and sent the Pokemon free, I might only use Action Replay for items for now on.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back