• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How many people in your school like pokemon?

Xylitol

*Insert pun here*
    Years
    Besides me, only one person in my school plays Pokemon as far as I know. Conveniently, he's my classmate, and we visit eachother a lot, not only for Pokemon games, but others, too.

nakoma

gothic pokemon person
    Years
    at my school like 70% like pokemon. if your talking about the tcg then me and my friend anthony are the only ones who ever play it. there is a magic group and a yugioh group at my school though and they play the card games. but majority of the people at my school will talk about pokemon and play the game.

geckoriot

THE MIGH'Y POOCH
    Years
    Everyone knows I'm a fan and it's become like, the key component of people's first impressions of me.
    I know this is big in Australia, not so sure about US/UK, etc. but in Year 12 we all get a jersey with some nickname on it. About 10 people have told me "you should get 'Pikachu'!"
    It's pretty cute ;) I think I might

But apart from me only a few uber nerds play, and they're really lame about it too. They only play with legends. No actual fans of the entire franchise, though

Last edited:

Game Freak

Pokémon Executive
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2009
    A lot of kids I know like Pokemon, in a nostalgic sort of way. I doubt they still play it, but I do remember my class once singing the Pokemon theme song in 20-part harmony. Of course, they're probably in the minority compared with the rest of the school.

And I do have a small group of friends that still play Pokemon. In fact, one of my friends actually convinced me to come back to Pokemon after I had given it up during the R/S days.

i gave up during diamond, i now realize that every game after pokemon mystery dungeon sucks, sorry to say. i dont like how they switched diamond and pearl to a 3D game. argh.

oh and im the only fan in my school who still plays. i'm a freshman in high school xD my friends still discuss pokemon whenever i bring it up, but they aren't fans anymore. they just like to mock how bad it has gotten (Even though everything before PMD rocked, most of them dropped out after the GS series.)

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
    Well only me and one friend of mine still likes it in my school (in a fan way), However the girls in general likes the cute pokémon, while the guys just say that they used to watch it when they were young.
    And there´s just on boy that I saw once playing Fire Red, I think these are the ones that still likes pokemon.

However, I have to say that I can´t stand what they are doing with pokémon, stupid anime, rushed and stupid last-generation-like games, they´re killing the franchise.

Nowadays I prefer to play digimon or any other monster-like rpg game, they´re getting better with every generation, while pokémon is getting worse with each generation...

At last for me diversity worked fine.

Game Freak

Pokémon Executive
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2009
    However, I have to say that I can´t stand what they are doing with pokémon, stupid anime, rushed and stupid last-generation-like games, they´re killing the franchise.

Nowadays I prefer to play digimon or any other monster-like rpg game, they´re getting better with every generation, while pokémon is getting worse with each generation...

At last for me diversity worked fine.

yeah i agree, the franchise is being brutally stabbed to death >:o diamond sucks IMO, compared to the other games. I think GSC was the best, it had twice the game. RSE was cool too, but damn. i hate the whole graphic update in DP

Ichigo Flash

Box-kun
    Years
    Hmmm at college I'd say theres a few Pokefans in there somewhere, though I don't really know enough people to say for sure.

But I'm definitely open about it :) I can be seen often leaning against walls and on benches in my alone free periods playing Diamond or Blue Rescue Team :)

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
    yeah i agree, the franchise is being brutally stabbed to death >:o diamond sucks IMO, compared to the other games. I think GSC was the best, it had twice the game. RSE was cool too, but damn. i hate the whole graphic update in DP
    I don´t think the graphic update was a mistake, but if they had to update it why not change the graphics to full 3D instead?
    The DS is actually more powerfull than a Nintendo 64, and the DS cartridges can hold more data too, so they could have made a 3D RPG with stadium 2 battle graphics AND full 3D enviroment without difficulty.

But most of us got used to the cartoonish style of the past games, so I think there is no problem in it being cartoonish, but they could have used more sprites for the pokemon battlers so it would still be 2D but with much better animations. Imagine your favorite pokemon changing to a fighting position before attacking, or changing to pain looking position when it is hit or when it´s poisoned?

Game Freak

Pokémon Executive
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2009
    I don´t think the graphic update was a mistake, but if they had to update it why not change the graphics to full 3D instead?
    The DS is actually more powerfull than a Nintendo 64, and the DS cartridges can hold more data too, so they could have made a 3D RPG with stadium 2 battle graphics AND full 3D enviroment without difficulty.

But most of us got used to the cartoonish style of the past games, so I think there is no problem in it being cartoonish, but they could have used more sprites for the pokemon battlers so it would still be 2D but with much better animations. Imagine your favorite pokemon changing to a fighting position before attacking, or changing to pain looking position when it is hit or when it´s poisoned?

its mostly the map graphics update i dont like. i wouldn't mind if the battles were 3d, because ive played collosseum and such, but id still like the map exploration etc to be sprites. pokemon was my favorite franchise that remained 2d, and now its gone 3d. argh

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2008
    yeah

im the only one that likes it.. and i keep it a secret.. but hey.. does it really matter? i mean, we are all here..

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2008
    Sadly only about 3..... people tease me cuz i like it.... Maybe i should sneak into the office and say " CALLING ALL POKEMON FANS!!! CALLING ALL POKEMON FANS!!!!" And then say where to meet up before running off I really should... yeah! but where is th eintercom....

Back