• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How many Pokemon do you predict before the end?

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
    Years
    I think 700-900, but Pokemon has only been made for 12 years, Mario was longer, and it's Nintendo's top selling game, so I think it would be awhile before they actually end this franchise.

Shadowthinker

Blissey OKOer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2008
    I think there going to make 1 more generation of Pokemon and make it there best and the game to.Then its the end.600-650 is what i think.

-Jinx-

Pokemon Breeder
    Years

I hope they stop making new Pokemon and start working on cooler and more innovative games.

But they probably will keep going till they've killed, buried, and urinated on Pokemon's grave.

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    I think they were too lazy to make it up to 500, or 493 is just the lucky number of Nintendo =D

My prediction... it should stop at Arceus

Tsugaru

Twilight
    Years
    I'm actually thinking around 1000 they'll stop, Also the episodes should stop at 1000. Even though I think they're running out of both ideas for new Pokemon and the Names. We've already noticed how repetitive the games and Episodes are though.

Noisuf Ekop 993

Still a cheater.Back on peeps.
    Years

OK. I don't really think so, but I do want them to stop making Pokémon. I mean, they're cool and everything but it's not the right way. Just stop everything and make a MMORPG. It would sell millions and we'd be happy with our 493 species of Pokémon.

By the way, Arceus is the "god" so, unless they come up with something better than that, I guess the Dex ends here.

I kind of agree with you there. I mean if Arceus is the god, than that means they're done. I mean, what can be better than a god? Ithink they're done cranking out pokemon.

brandon tautou

four times effective
    Years
    I hope enough until I have a kid (probably in 8-10 years) so I could play with them and raise them to be supreme.

That'd be so cool.

Hooray for Pokemon!
    Keep 'em coming, Kenny!

And maybe they will keep making more "godly" pokemon. Eh, eh?

Last edited:

KingofAnime

Now with 80% more awesome!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Dec 6, 2012
    We can all agree it will definitely be more than 7.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2008

Dont ask me how.

But I reckon the ending number of Pokemon will be 974.

Im waiting for them to stop focusing on new pokemon, and make like a super-game... Awsome graphics.. all Regions..

Kazuya

Lapras Ace Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2008
    I actually believe the golden age of Pokemon is Generation II. (Personally)

Some new Pokemons ain't that impressive... I actually still love Pidget a lot. XD

I am fine with the current amount of Pokemons, but well, I guess they still wanna make money out of it. So I guess... 777 for another 5 years? lol

Max210

Ultimate P\/\/ /\/3|2Z!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2014
    I actually believe the golden age of Pokemon is Generation II. (Personally)

Some new Pokemons ain't that impressive... I actually still love Pidget a lot. XD

I am fine with the current amount of Pokemons, but well, I guess they still wanna make money out of it. So I guess... 777 for another 5 years? lol

Pun intended? I think that however long Mario lasts, Pokemon will too.

Psychic

Really and truly
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2018
    I PRAY for no more than 600. Apparently they have some kind of database full of hundreds of them and they're slowly leaking them in at random. I figure that they try to get in the best ones as fast as possible until they're just left with crappy, ugly, useless things. After 600, I doubt that there will be many good choices left. ><
    And we don't want this to become like Digimon or Yu-Gi-Oh where there are so many monsters and evolutions that you can't even keep track. If there are too many...just ugh. >>

The abslute most Pokémon they can release before they hit rock bottom is probably 700. Seven is a very good number. I'd prefer if they just STOP NOW, but the guys at Nintendo know that no matter how bad the new Pokémon are, if they keep making new games people will continue buying them and they'll keep making a profit off the new kiddies who join in the franchise. That's what happened with D/P; an entire new generation of fans got into Pokémon. And they just hope that this will just keep happening, even if the new Pokémon are crap.

Seriously, though: stop now, because the fourth generation just wasn't even that good. >>

~Psychic

Years
    I'm personaly enjoying this 4th gen a lot.

Pokemon is still selling stupidly well. The designs started dropping 3rd gen, now they are in free-fall. How many can they design? Also, how can they fit them all into one game or generation?

I despair looking at some of these 4th gen pokemon. They keep being churned out at lower and lower quality though. The pre-evolutions and evolutions work though. Question is what would a new gen of pokemon games be like with no new pokemon? Then it really would become repetitive.

On the Arceus being God front, they've done this before. Mew was meant to contain all the DNA of all pokemon, be the rarest, strongest etc. I still ignorantly consider Mew>Arceus. How many times can Satoshi/GameFreak tell us 'Oh-no, this is the new strongest pokemon' which brings me onto the ever increasing number of legendaries. Are they becoming watered down?

Maybe they have finished with Arceus and 495. 600 has been mentioned a lot. On the whole database idea thing, thats just scary. The most likely thing is it carrying on and growing. Digimon and Yu-gi-oh are still growing right? From what i know they have long since passed their prime, the prime that they had.

Years
    I'd like for them to carve out a few for a G/S/C Remake and have it at about 520.

Then another generation with about 60 new pokemon,

580 Wouldn't be so bad.

But I'm happy with the 493 we have now.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
    i think there will be thoasands as the pokemon creators dont know where to stop the will make more and more stuff intill its grows unpopular because there are to many things to collect the same thing happend to yu gi oh the got tazos cards spinners figures everything it just became so unpopular now some ppl still like it but the makers are still makin more decks and stuff they are about to loose there only left fans

Back