• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How many shinies did you encounter in a Friend Safari?

Years
  • I don't spend a whole lot of time there. So far I've encountered 2, and one of them literally took 2 steps once I entered the grass. :P The other only had me encounter about 5 Pokemon before I found it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    Just encountered and caught a shiny female Petilil, 2nd shiny for today, that's cool. If only I found a shiny I liked though.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    Just encountered and caught a shiny female Petilil, 2nd shiny for today, that's cool. If only I found a shiny I liked though.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I did encounter a shiny, but it wasn't in Friend Safari; it was at Route 22. Wasn't able to capture it, though, because I accidentally made it faint while trying to land an attack. d: I've heard that shiny Pokémon are very common at Friend Safari, but I don't believe that. I've visited the place plenty of times, and if this was true, then I would've had at least two shinies already.

Hooh

Only if for a night.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    I got my shiny Shelgon after 700 something encounters.

I'm over 1000 trying to get a shiny Noibat for my friend's birthday!

Universal

Musician
    Years
  • I got a shiny Noibat. .On my first encounter after I shut off and started my game. .It's my third Noibat :P

As for shiny safarimons, I got about 12 right now

Years
  • Shiny Sandshrew and Hawlucha without even trying much. Sandshrew I encountered while going through all my friends' safaris to catch what I didn't have and the Hawlucha was the fourth or fifth encounter of me hunting for one for my boyfriend.

Years
  • I've spent hours in the friend safari but haven't encountered any shinies.

You will have to be patient, mostly it seems that Murphy's law is in full effect there.

You're desesperately searching for a shiny Pokemon in particular? That should take a while...

You're just passing by? Poof! Shiny. (Well, it happened once to me anyway)

Thief

The Dark One
    Years
  • I've only found 3 Shinies in XY so far (all by chance)... One was Emolga from Wonder Trade. The other 2 were both in Friend Safaris; Gyarados and Frogadier. Gyarados is probably the least valued Shiny out there because of Gen 2... but I'm glad of the Frogadier. And at least I can try out Shiny Mega Gyara.

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    I found a shiny Heracross in a Friend Safari...used False Swipe to get it to 1 HP, it uses Take Down and kills itself :(

Cebreus

Anime Figure Collector~♪
    Years
  • I found a shiny Heracross in a Friend Safari...used False Swipe to get it to 1 HP, it uses Take Down and kills itself :(

Omg that must have been heart-breaking to see that Heracross use Takedown after False Swipe ><, I hope you encounter another one if that's the Pokemon you were looking for as a shiny.

I'm new to the whole hunting for shiny Pokemon (been using the Masuda Method for them), and I did hear that you have an unusual increase on finding one in Friend Safari's, is it better to hunt for shinys inside Safari's, instead of hunting them outside the Safari?, or is it the same regardless where you look?

Hope everyone here get's their shiny that there looking for in the Safari.

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2015
    0. I'm hoping to just run around Friend Safaris and find one since everyone finds some, I just can't find the time to do so.

Years
  • I found a shiny Heracross in a Friend Safari...used False Swipe to get it to 1 HP, it uses Take Down and kills itself :(

Oh you poor thing!
    ------
    I currently have three Shinies.

Chain Fished : Bee♪ (Politoed) , Spencer♥ (Dragalge)

Friend Safari'd : Natasha♥ (Metang)

I lucked out finding Tasha, because I went into my friend Kida's safari on a fluke. She wanted to know what was in it. I walked it and BAM. There it was. S2G, I nearly pee'd my damn pants.

Back