• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How many shinies did you encounter in a Friend Safari?

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years
  • @yomoley: ahw :( I really hope you will get one soon! You can go roaming the Friend Safari's for about a week and find nothing, and the next day encounter a shiny Pokemon right away when you first stepped into the Grass... It all depends on your luck, still. Wish you luck though!

I actually caught another shiny in someone else's friend safari, it was a Sliggoo. I was really happy because I also really wanted to have a shiny Goodra eventually. I was going with the MM to breed a Shiny Goomy, but when this guy came around, it saved me a lot of time!

Something else caught my attention too (this must be a coincidence still, but I would like to share it), it seems so far, that I encountered shiny Pokemon ONLY in the friend safari's that are listed on the most-left of my screen (when you scroll your friends to pick the desired friend safari to catch Pokemon in). After I just randomly clicked the Dragon friend safari I have (since I noticed I caught shinies in the friend safari's only listed on the left in my case), this safari is also located on the most-left of the screen, I encountered the Shiny Sliggoo! xD I thought this was just weird and wanted to test this out if I had a "somewhat increased chance" to catch shinies in the safari's listed on the left... :3

Still, like I already said this must be a coincidence, but I think it's kinda fascinating to know I already caught 5 shinies in different friend safari's in my game that were only listed on the left xD

Good luck and happy hunting everyone! ~ ^_^

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2014
    6 out of my 9 shinies.

Machoke
    Tyrogue
    Audino
    Smeargle
    Pupitar
    Nobait

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2014
    Friends who are online have an increased shiny rate in their safaris.
    This has been tested by a few on smogon and the tumblr pokemon fandom.

She_Delphox

Years
  • I'm in the same boat as you, it seems. I have also encountered a shiny pansear earlier in my friend's safari, but I had no Pokéballs with me so I had to let it go. *sad violin music*

Ahw really :( If I only knew this sooner >_< I had 2 Shiny Pansear >_> One is a Simisear now and I put the other at the GTS yesterday and got a neat Moltres in return xD
    But I would have traded it to you :(

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I haven't seen any shiny pokemon in the safari... am I doing it wrong? I have been running away a lot when it's not the Pokemon I'm looking for. Should I be knocking them out instead?

Beyond Infinity

Couldn't Outfox a Donkey
    Years
  • I randomly found one when I was just trying to find good EV Pokemon. It was the first one I encountered on my search as well.

In total, I might have spent an hour in the Safari in total?

She_Delphox

Years
  • I haven't seen any shiny pokemon in the safari... am I doing it wrong? I have been running away a lot when it's not the Pokemon I'm looking for. Should I be knocking them out instead?

No! You're doing absolutely nothing wrong here , the thing is, you still need some luck finding a shiny. Sometimes I defeat them, or Run from them, it doesn't matter really ^_^

The shiny rate is somewhat increased here, so don't give up ;) You will find one eventually, good luck!

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I got a shiny gabite today, had one already but it's cool none the less. I am hunting noibat there now.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    1 and it was just a few minis ago xD Scrach that make that 2 xD in less than an Hr
    lol bad thing was i wasnt even trying for it. Wathed to fill ot witch friend had with pokemon them BAM Shiny Phanpy! When i went into that safari was the first pokemon i encounter in that safari xD It literally cought me off gaurd.And So phanpy is now the very fird wild shiny pokemon iv found in Pokemon X/Y xD Hazza!

Last edited:

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Caught noibat late last night, he has great hp and speed but terrible defense, love it's colors though.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2013
    I SAW a shiny Eevee, but I flipped out and accidentally hit the wrong button trying to go for my Fearow that knew False Swipe. Never gonna live that one down. :(

However I caught a shiny Kacleon last night! :)

Those are my only 2 encounters in Friend Safari and I have been obsessively looking for over a week several hours a day. Also trying to hatch a shiny Dratini because it's my favorite pokemon.

kanakinz.

- - just another pokébreeder
    Years
  • I've only encountered 1 shiny in the entire game, in a friend safari. Shiny Ninetales with her HA.
    Not so great nature but whatever. I wasn't searching for a shiny, just for a ninetales with the hidden ability.

Back