• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How many years have you been playing Pokémon?

days

Galactic HQ
Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2013
    The Pokemon Masters caught me with the Blue Ball in 1998-1999, so a wooping 13 years! Blue, Yellow, & Silver will forever remain as a great piece of my childhood as a Pokeman.

They reeled us in with their ultra rod, utilizing all items available to catch our attention like Pokemon at a Poke Safari.

Pokemon merchandise of all sorts coupled with motion pictures that aired frequently on the home screen and also the cinemas.

We were at low levels, we had not yet evolved therefore the impact was probably equivalent to that of a Master Ball.

PokeMAN, gotta catch em all! Indeed they succeeded.

Bresong

the Amber Orchid
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2012
    I was born the year it was out, and 4 years later, I discovered it...

So, I played it for 9 years, Beat the Hoenn league 26 times in a Swampert-only run, and this year, I've played Pokemon for 10 years.
    *Points to self* one of the biggest Pokemon fans right here!

Kitrigar

Butt Puncher
    Years
  • 98-94 = 4 + 13
    Yep.
    13 years of Pokemon. Started when I was 4, I believe. I would steal my brother's GB and play it :DD

TheUnown

Super Lurker
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2015
    About 1.5 months ^^;. I never had any of the Nintendo consoles or games when they came out. In fact, I just got my first ever console (DSi) less than 2 months ago for Christmas and I bought HeartGold a week later. So first for everything. I sort of used to play my cousins' Gameboy and Pokemon Red or Blue or something but it was short-lived xD.

Vindra

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2017
    I've been playing for 12ish years. I'm really surprised that there are so many around here that have been playing that long, especially since a lot of you were so young when you started! I was in middle school when I started playing, when it was considered pretty nerdy to like Pokemon. I guess it still is but I don't care. :D

Years
  • I don't know 10 years maybe? I played the pokemon red back then, then yellow. Remember how cool it was to have pikachu following you around.

Necrolium

Flygon Trainer
    Years
  • I started playing when I first got a game boy advance and pokemon blue which I believe was in 2000-2001 or something.

Years
  • I've been watching since the very beginning but didn't start playing till pokemon gold which I believe was around 10 years ago? I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong :P

Years
  • I'm pretty sure it's 11 1/2 years, if my memory is correct it must have been summer '99 when I got into Pokemon first. Yeah, it took a while to get into my hick town, in fact I was on vacation when I first saw Pokemon, some random guy roughly my age was playing it and I was like "omgiwantthattoo" (...or something) - and get it I did, and never regretted it.

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
    Years
  • Er......about....5 and a half years? I remember I played my first game, Pokemon Yellow, sometime around 2005, which got me hooked. I got my first REAL game, Pokemon Pearl, sometime around 2007.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I've been playing pokemon since near the beginning. My first pokemon game being Pokemon Yellow I might have been slightly late to the party. :p However I caught up with Pokemon Blue afterwards so it was ok.

I'm not really sure of the specifics, but ever since they came out would be the best bet.

Back