• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How much RAM do you have?

True Reign

  
Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I originally had 2G, but I degraded down to 1G since the other RAM went bad. It'll come back in the mail pretty soon hopefully...

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • Currently I have 4 Gigs, though only 3,25 can be used due to 32-bit OS limitations.
    Planning on going for 8 once I can bother to get a 64 bit one.

Mechanic

Shin!~ hohohohoho!~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    I use 2 quad cores @ 2.26Ghz with 8 GB ram (4 of 2 GB). Running a server is pretty painfull sometimes =.= And 2TB storage.

Though all this costed SOME heavy money, it's been slowly paying off hosting websites hehe.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
  • I have the extremely manly figure of one gibibyte in my desktop. It is an aging machine, but my manliness infuses it with the power to perform miracles even so.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'm not even sure we have 2 Gigs on our computer. D8
    Which is a horrible combo when you have Vista, and like to play MMOs.

Years
  • Here is a small screenshot from inside the Windows System window describing how much I have. Also, the RAM is DDR2 PC2-5300 @ 667MHz.
    The only reason I got a 2 rating was because I am booting 7 from an SD card.
    How much RAM do you have?

Also, some of you fail to recognize the difference between Mb (or Gb) and MB (or, once again, GB). The lower case b is for bits, the upper case B is for bytes. There are eight bits in a byte, which makes it smaller. Please try and use the correct case.

Last edited:

Capt. Couch

Wake me... When you need me...
    Years
  • I'm running a dual-core processor machine at 1.8 GHz with 2.5GB of RAM. Raw performance is excellent, but the only thing that irritates me is an integrated GPU. *cringes*

XaRhS

I got 512 MB's of RAM-that really sucks.But i will soon upgrade to 1.5 or get a new laptop.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • I have 1 GB of RAM on the laptop I'm using now, 512 MB of RAM on the family computer and 204 MB of RAM on the garage computer. They all operate on Windows XP, and I've never had any problems with them.

Back