• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How much RAM do you have?

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
    Years
    RAM is something that pretty much determines what you can do with your computer, so I was wondering, what do people on PC either have to put up with or power high end MMORPGs with:D?

We have 256MB on our WinXP home PC and I have 1GB on my laptop!

Post and either feel pity for other people or boast at how many calculations you can do per second...

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
    Years
    Wrong.

RAM does not define this.

I have 2GBs. (Two 512MB sticks & one 1GB stick)

Haha you're right :D It's your processer that determines how many calcs you can do per second! Momentary lapse of computer knowhow!

Incidently what about your processor?

I have an Intel Celeron M 1.73GHz. I was pretty gutted that a month after I bought my laptop, I could have got one identical with a Core 2 Duo for the same price:(

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    2GB of RAM and 2.0GHz on my Desktop.

512MB of RAM and 1.42GHz on my Laptop.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    1GB on my computer
    3GB on my laptop

lol I got my laptop recently and this computer about 2 years ago

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    My laptop came with 512MB, but I upgraded it to 2GB a little over a year ago. As for processor, I've got a 1.6GHz Pentium M/Centrino.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    3GB over here.

I dunno about my laptop, but I wouldn't be surprised if it would cause some computer-lovers like, physical pain just from knowing what it is. <_< Darn thing is like a turtle.

Shows how much I know about this stuff anyway. xD;

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    1GB RAM (+2GB paging file); 2.13GHz Intel Pentium M processor. I've recently come to realise that for a five year old laptop this thing is damn good.

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
    766MB on my desktop which no longer has Internet access (the wireless adapter stopped working). I upgraded the memory to play World of Warcraft, which I never really got into (don't tell the cops, but I played on a private server.) It has an Intel integrated graphics chip so I can't run much (including WoW when I tried to install it, but it wasn't a RAM issue).

Then I have only 247MB on my main computer, a laptop (Internet!). It runs slow at times, I wish laptops could take desktop memory, so it would run faster.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Sadly, only 512 MB of RAM on my main computer. It didn't matter much until I got into MMOs, and the best ones require at least a GB for optimal playing experience.

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
    My Dell (the one that belongs to me): 1.25 Gb of RAM soon to be 2 and an Intel Pentium 4 2.53 Ghz processor. I recently put Windows XP Media Center Edition on it and it runs beautifully.

My Laptop (which also belongs to me but is broken =/) 1 Gb of RAM (SUCKS ON VISTA) and 1.60 Ghz Intel Pentium Dual-Core inside.

My HP (the family's) 2 Gb of RAM. 2.13 Ghz Intel Viiv processor.

So the desktops kinda even themselves out as one has more ram while the other has more Processor Power.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I have 2046MB of RAM, which I think is 1GB.

I use AMD Athlon 64 as a processor and 2.00GHz.

Well, I guess I'm above average compared to most people. Although I wish I had more for games...

Back