• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How often do you get grounded/detention?

Detention's and Ground's, Anyone?

• Always!

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Sometimes.

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Never...

Votes: 20 69.0%

• Total voters

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
  • I never get grounded. I'm a good teenager.

And I have only had one detention this year and I had it because my dad drove me to school late one week I didn't have my car. :|

ShadowLeader

because shadows follow...
    Years
  • to be honest...i had detention (in school) only once....i dont do anything at school so i never get in trouble...guess there is a benefit form being lazy..

Spearow

mr. nobody
    Years
  • Never, because I know how to not piss off adults and lie when the occasion calls for it.

Also, while I do like to hang out with friends, I am perfectly capable of entertaining myself at home and I don't feel the need to be in contact with other people 24/7. So I don't think grounding would be a very effective punishment in my case, although I wouldn't know because it has never happened to me. =D

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2016
    Grounded, sometimes when I do something bad Dx.
    Detention, never/never will! I never had a detention in my life.

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
  • My parents often take away my computer, but they're not gonna lock me up at home and say I can't leave. I'd be like meh and go on the computer. xD
    I haven't got detention for a while at school, partly because last year I didn't show up enough to get detention and this year I'm in year 12 they haven't given any detentions really.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • I haven't had detention alll year long, so hooorahh for that! Not that I've had many detentions; I can count them all on my two hands.

Been grounded a couple times, but not recently. It's usually for reasons that I don't agree with, such as doing my homework on a Sunday and not a Saturday (which I almost got grounded for today but got out of it) or not making my bed/picking up my room. Last realllll grounding was back in early '08. I forgot about a science project (still got an A though, Mom!). :3

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
  • When I lived with my parents, I got grounded every 3 seconds. Or at least it felt that way.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • I get detention all the time. My teacher are idiots and hate me, I mean, they really just plain hate me. I actually have only ever been to one detention, because I skip them most the time, as I said, the teachers are stupid and forget the next day. In all fairness, I did call one of them retarded and flipped him off... my bad.

I never get grounded at home. My Parents are great =D

AsugetRanzo

гейKuir
    Years
  • Grounded? My mother has given up on me. She doesn't bother anymore.

As for detention...I've only had it once.
    I skipped school and a the teacher found out. I to serve three hours.
    He only knew I skipped because I had spoken to him earlier that day. >.>;;
    Did I learn my lesson? No. :\

Mr.Kirby

off the wall
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 13, 2009
    I have never been "grounded". Sure my parents take away some of my activities, and limit things, but I have never been technically grounded. Detentions, my school never really had detention though I did have to stay in for recess once for ignoring a teacher. ¬_¬ I highly doubt that I'll be receiving a detention any time soon though.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    As nerdy as this may sound, I get a detention maybe once a term at school. But heaps of gum-cleaning duty, which doesn't count as detention, but is more or less worse.

As for getting grounded, it feels like a routine. I get grounded, I be nice again, I get grounded. This goes on for two weeks at a time, and then a unknown period of space in between.

Pledge

I pledge...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2010
    I never get grounded :P and never will, detention always :D I'm always get in trouble.

~ecto

Sesshoukid

Tell the truth and run.
    Years
  • I only get grounded every once in awhile, but that's only under extreme circumstances on my part and getting anything less than an A unless my mom knows I really struggled in that class.
    I never get detention. Never have, never will. Because if I do I'll get grounded, and starting next school year(we only have one day left), it'll go on my permanent record and I can not have that happen. Plus the only way I'll ever get detention is if I'm accidently late to a class twice.

Back