• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How often do you get grounded/detention?

Detention's and Ground's, Anyone?

• Always!

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Sometimes.

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Never...

Votes: 20 69.0%

• Total voters

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
    Years
    Well guys! Let's enumerate the past before we continue to our summer lives (good for you, in the Philippines it's almost the end of summer vacation *sniff)

How often do you get grounded by your parents / get detention from your teachers?

As for me? I never get grounded at home, but i receive detention at school if my friends go into trouble (because they're always with me XD) :)

How's the detention room going?

P.S.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    My vacation doesn't start until late June. >:o
    Anyways, I haven't gotten detention in a long time. Last year, maybe? Although that was only for lateness.
    As for getting grounded? My parents don't believe in that sort of thing. I've only been grounded twice in my whole life and both times it backfired. Even so, I haven't done anything worth grounding for in years. I'm a good girl :3
    *shot*

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I never get detention because my school is pretty damn bad. It takes a lot for you to get detention. XD;

At home I never get grounded because my parents are super easy-going. I've done/do some things that I'm sure would get most kids grounded. :x

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    I never get grounded and I never have.

I have only got detentin once, but that was a class detention, and i've not done anything wrong....Yet.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I've never gotten detention at school, and I've never been "grounded" really, but have had stuff like my computer taken away for a while =(

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I used to get detentions quite a lot at school. I wouldn't go to them, or I would talk my way out of them. Eventually they just gave up, but I stopped giving them reasons to give me them so much aswell; it all worked out.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I lived out my childhood without either, though grounding wasn't a type of punishment my parents used, anyway. I for one am the type who fears trouble or conflict above most anything else (and anything bad I do, I always get caught, plus I have a very guilty conscience), so as a result, I'm about as goody-goody as they come.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I've never been officially grounded; my parents are just strict. They may yell at me, take away my electronics/internet, or forbid me from leaving the house. However, I don't see it as being ground. I'm building character. :^D

At school, I've never had detention. However, I had to do trash duty once. I was listening to my iPod and a teacher took it away. There were times in middle school where I was caught having a sticker of a gun on one of my notebooks. I got in trouble again. 8D

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2021
    I tend not to get grounded, by my parents are rather strict, they tend to guilt trip, mock me and insult me, more than anything. Hahaa. I once lost all access to my computer for about four or five months though, that drove me insane. Now, they only take it away for a week at most as I drive them insane when I don't have it.

As for school? We don't get after school detentions here, but I have had one (yeah, only one XD) lunch time detention.. which was entirely my fault, really. Things weren't good at school, or at home at the time and I turned around and cussed out this bimbo in my Art class, thus getting me sent out of the class for half the lesson. XD Never said I was bright. XD;;

But, all in all, I tend to be generally well behaved. =P No rebellions over here... well, except for all the bad stuff I've done that my Parents would KILL me for, if they knew I'd done it.

And yeah, tl;dr post much?

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    I've only been grounded once, and I don't exactly remember why. It didn't last that long, though. (It's been many years ago.)
    As for detentions, I never had one. I always behaved really well in school.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    Grounded? Never.
    Umm.. if I do baaaad stuff they take away my internet. I sometimes get a little angry *blush*

Detention. A bit of a class detention.. That's it. Since I get good marks, I get away with loads of stuff. :P

Years
    Lolz. I have a detention today. And tommorow. xP In all, ive had many detention, and mostly for ''Sassing'' them, or backchatting. Ie: '' If you keep doing this in life---'', Me: I have a life. You should get one. . That earned me two, and i swore at the music teacher, which made me get hit with a weeks worth. D:. I get grounded a heap, but thankfully have a back up laptop in my room. :D They dont know about it, as i told theem it broke. xD

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    I haven't been sent to detention since the 9th grade, and that time it wasn't even for something I did (stupid security guards). I usually get grounded whenever my grades are really bad.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    At times, I get detentions, at other times, I get referrals or warnings. XD The truth is, I love to piss off my teachers, excluding the fun ones.

My parents are afraid of grounding me. It's highly dangerous to contain me in one place for too long. I lose control and spaz beyond reality.

Ruphire

Feel the icy burn
    Years
    I've never gotten detention before, but as for being grounded... Yeah.

I don't really get grounded unless I tick my mom off. I don't really even talk to her so it's good.

Back