• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How often does your power go out?

How often?

• Total voters

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    Creating this thread will probably cause a week-long outage here... *touch wood*

Buuut... yeah, mine hasn't dropped out in years, and when that happened there was a massive bushfire in the area. Hell, we had really nasty flooding here last year, and our neighbourhood was the only one in the city that didn't drop out. o_O

Previously it happened every few weeks, but now it only seems to happen during reeeeally bad storms/fires/etc.

Anyway. Your turn. Go. DO IT!

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
    You win most random topic of the week :'D.

Not often at all does my power go out. With all the severe storms we go through, I'd think it would go out often, but unfortunately, it doesn't. That sucks for myself, since I love storms and power outages. :33;

Last outage - Anywhere from August 2nd - 20th. Why? Severe thunderstorm at four am. WOAHZORZAMAMAMAZINGLOVEITLOTS. The thunder was like fooooooossshhh and hit my street and such. It was epic. (:<

Years
    Ironic, I was talking to someone just now whom is on the receiving end of a storm. XD;

Not very often, to be honest. The most we get here would be torrential rain; on very rare occasions we get storms that would launch happy bolts and smite the power in the household. We've had one fairly recently, which was probably the first time in several months.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    During the summer it'll go out if we get some heavy storms. And then every once in a while we'll get a random power surge, but other than that very rarely.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    ...irony much?
    *just had the power out from 4:50-6:25*

It goes out every now and then if we get a bad storm, but lately it goes out more often/longer since our old power company got bought out. The worst it's ever been was during Hurricane Isabel, it went out for 3 days, which wasn't long compared to some other people in the area.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    Our power doesn't go all the way out very much, but we get random flickers alll the time, at least once per day. I can actually only remember it being out and staying out once, when we had a huge ice storm a few years back. We were without power or phone service for most of that day. No internet for 15+ hours = torture ._.; </addicted>

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    My power rarely goes out. Last time it went out was during this killer thunderstorm (BEST THUNDERSTORM OF THE SEASON, I MUST ADD. 8D), and even then, it was only for, like, five minutes. XD;

Although, I remember a few years back, there was this massive power outage across Ontario and parts of the US that lasted a little while. We were lucky enough to get ours back after 24 hours, but some people didn't get theirs back after a few days. ._.

Years
    I think the last time the power went out for us, it was scheduled, and it was a year or two ago? I think?

Power rarely goes out, if ever. Our power companies must be good, and we're rarely in storms severe enough to knock out power. ._. The last time I can remember that power was out due to bad weather, I was really little.

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    My power cuts tend to happen every few months. Sometimes there is a complete blackout where i live. If it's at night, it's as if it disappeared.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Very rare for me, I haven't had a power outage in a long time. o_o We have thunderstorms often, but yeah, pretty it's rare when the power goes out. I do enjoy when it does though, candles. 8D

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    Our power rarely cuts out *touch wood*, unless we have bad weather or some idiot drives into the power cables - again ¬.¬

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
    It's been a long time since the power went out, probably a year or two I believe. The last time it went out was during, yes, a severe storm in the dead of night. xD But since where I live, we don't receive such harsh weather most of the time, the electrical supply is always here~

popsicles.

F A S C I N A T I O N .
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2009
    Not very often, actually.
    The last time our power went out was a few months ago and it was all scheduled, since they were breaking open our street, replacing cables & such.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Never, all my life as far back as I can remember, I have never suffered through a power outage. Mainly because my Dad always had a 6-hour backup generator on hand and always plugged in.

Man of Faith

My, my, Doctor Saunders.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Our power rarely goes out, but when it does, it's the entire neighborhood and last around 6 - 8 hours (hate this city... -_-).

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    Power surges and blackouts are notoriously rare where I live. Once every couple of years would probably explain the consistency of these things, in my case. When they happen, the tend to last all day, though.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Creating this thread will probably cause a week-long outage here... *touch wood*

Buuut... yeah, mine hasn't dropped out in years, and when that happened there was a massive bushfire in the area. Hell, we had really nasty flooding here last year, and our neighbourhood was the only one in the city that didn't drop out. o_O

Previously it happened every few weeks, but now it only seems to happen during reeeeally bad storms/fires/etc.

Anyway. Your turn. Go. DO IT!

sometimes, when terrible storms come.(i agree about the storms thing....)

there was also an incident that the whole city lost its power because of stupid jellyfish stuck in the generator!!!!:laugh::laugh:

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
    We sometimes lose power due to power surges. But rarely, the whole neighborhood would go out. We'd have to reset almost all the clocks in the whole house (and they're always the same ones....-_-)

Back