• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How old do you have to be . . .

Years
    I think Pokemon is cool no matter how old a fan is.

I think they should stop wearing Pikachu underpants at a certain age though.

Unless you're being funny when a friend gets drunk and you drop him off in a ditch with Little Mermaid underpants, mismatched toe socks, and a tattoo reading Boris on his arm.

With such a big craze as when Pokemon was just a new thing of the '90s, people still LOL when they find out those plastic cylinders on my shelf are full of P.O.G. and Slammers. Look at Ninja Turtles. People think thats awesome. But do they still watch the show? Do they play those video games? Yeh... NOOOO!

Last edited:
    Years
    I'd say after age 18 it should be down right creepy to see anyone still playing pokemon but hey I'm 17 and will still play it until my wife kicks me out the house then i'll stop

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
    All I have to say, is if you enjoy it play it. It doesn't matter how old you are, you're having fun so carry on having that fun no matter how old you are, and if someone tries to spoil it, ignore them.

Years
    how old would you say you should be when you stop playing pokémon because lets face it, above the age of 10 9/10 people would call you a freak or something. I asked this because I'm thinking about getting the new gold/silver, or some form of rom as I no longer have a ds.

Also there is only me my age 15, thats plays it any more near me. I'm only playing a rom silver atm.

So how old is to old to be playing it as a proper game if you get what I mean. Like it to be your most popular game.

As already said, Age is Unimportant.
    In my opinion I am a freak so it doesn't matter what others say, I'd rather be considered weird to the vast majority, the follow the crowd. Where I live there is a large population of Wanabee Gangstas who all thinking, its cool to drink young, take drugs, and that just because they can win a fight with all of their friends helping that they themselves are tough. I've lived in a war zone for five years now basically because of them, everyday at school mean running or getting in a fight. Its effected my mental and my physical health. But I refuse to give up the things I like so that I "fit in". And you shouldn't to.

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2009
    Never, never quit! Quit and die. muhuahahaha. Adicted? no i'm not addicted. heheheheheehe gegegegegeeg fufufufuf.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2016
    Well it depends, I don't really know when would I stop playing it. I just love pokemon, my brother plays it too.

Saud-Blaziken

You Think You Can Beat Me?!
    Years
    Pokemon is simply for ALL ages.
    I play it and my friend saw me playing it and he tried it and loved it and is now playing platinum. He also liked Death-Note after he saw me watching it. So you never know maybe other people might like it. In fact my brother started again to play pokemon yesterday and he is 23 years old age doesn't MATTER! 2 of my cousin's play it and one of them is in high school its perfectly fine to play pokemon its for ALL ages! :) :)

PEACE :)

Isabelle

★ Emo Princess ★
    Years
    If you love Pokemon. You could never stop looking at them and playing Pokemon Games. It does not depends on the age. It depends on how you like the Series/Game/Pokemons.

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2009
    I don't know about most people, but me, i will always remember pokemon when it first came out, cause i basically just started preschool and everyone was obsessed with it, it was just something everyone had in common. As i grew older it wasn't really talked about as much, but everyone i know has at least gotten Ruby/Emerald/Saphire and still love to play the original RYB games. Pokemon had a huge effect on people when it first started, and probably still does with the new generations of pokemon + the new generations of kids however, i do not think i am the only one who thinks "Man pokemon is getting so.. i don't know the word", for me, give me a brand new game with the first 151 pokemon(151 because of mew/mewtwo even tho mew is the number 151 o.o mew should be 150 and mewtwo 151 since he was created.. lol) and i will most likely play it more than i would D/P because the original pokemon are the best imo. My favorite game still has to be yellow version, and after the crystal/silver/gold series i just think pokemon got too.. out there, i also completely disagree with giving original pokemon new eveolutions, whats good doesn't need to be improved or changed. My point being anyone who has played pokemon or seen the series just falls in love with it and well, nothing would ever stop me from playing it or buying the new games, because even though i disagree with the idea of over 500 pokemon or whatever it is fun, the new pokemon do add a certain twist that wouldn't be there with th first 151, and what else would i do when i'm not playing an MMO or doing sports, or hanging out with friends, homework? pssh lol give me the pokemon :D

/rant

AMG

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2009
    I'm 22 in a few days and granted I haven't played for years but I have the games (Blue, Yellow and a broken copy of Silver). I'm moving house in a couple of days but Sapphire and Pearl are already waiting for me at the new place.

I expect I will be really into Pokemon for the next month or so and then I will have the urge to play something else - probably a Final Fantasy.

I don't think it matters - I mean I have a Sega Master System II which still works and which I play. It's about 3/4 years younger than me and I still sometimes play it. I guess I'll play as long as I enjoy the games though probably Pearl will be the last gen I actually will buy but I haven't tried it yet so I can't say for sure.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
    "You are never too old for games"

......seriously,you can't be 'too old' to play Poke'mon. I'm 14 and I am a total ADDICT to Poke'mon.....and always will be :D

OddBrad

Battlefield
    Years
    I'm fifteen, me and my best friend are addicted to it still. My friend even watches the films, it's fun to reminisce :) I'm sure lots of people will here will have watched scooby doo or a similar show with their dads whilst their dads comment on how it reminded them of the 'good old days' or some such :x

Fire Eagle

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
    Dude, I'm like 17 years old and I still play Pokemon. I would keep playing Pokemon until I die, that's how fun it is to play a small RPG game like Pokemon.

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    If you like it then you are still in the age limit. I think that there is no limit.

Years
    there is no age limit for pokemon. I've been playing since 1995(i'm gonna be 16 on tuesday)i'll carry on pokemon for the rest of my life. But i'm not gonna let it take over my life and i don't even let it now. Gaming is for all ages. My 24 year old friend can play some games on hard or expert mode. She just loves her hobby. so do i.

TERRA#493

Competitive Battler
    Years
    No certain age. At least WiFi-Battling has a decent strategic factor, which should be played by 15-100xxx years old people, meaning no age limit =D
    Anyway, the episodes are in my opinion somewhat for 10-12 years old people, but not for older..

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2011
    Hey don't sweat it, Pokemon lovers vary among ages.
    Nobody cares if I play Pokemon and I'm 16, they just say it's cause I'm "Asian"
    That really isn't the care, but bleh w/e xP

Starway

Artist and Gamer
    Years
    Dude you could play till your 100 for all you know. If it's good keep going no matter what anyone says. Let me tell you something my parents said:"It's what you like, not what anyone else likes." something like that but hey I'm 14 and I'm still going!

Alec_

Years
    Why would i leave Games? They are usually the best thing to enjoy. So even your old. You still wants to play games because like when you are bored. am i right?

~Fairytales.

Autumnfox

Go with the wind~
    Years
    It's for all ages. People usually stereotype videogames with geeks and younger children. But actually, everybody ages 5-100 can play it. It doesn't matter if people make fun of you about it; all it matters is that you learn something from playing games your whole life.

Back