• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How old do you have to be?

Incepticon

The Fakemon Spriter
Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2012
    I have heard about 80 year olds playing video games.. How old do you think you have to be to stop?

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Never.

It's a form of entertainment. You don't stop reading, watching movies or television, or listening to music as you get older. Why stop playing video games?

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Thread's about video games, so I guess this should go in the Video Gaming forum.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I LOVE video games. Wouldn't stop till I die. So yeah, I believe the love for video games isn't bound by silly factors like age. You can enjoy/play video games as long as you love it.

Agreed with Triforce's comment. ;o

Years
  • Dude. I'm going to be that awesome parent and granddad that plays video game my children and grandchildren.

Years
  • If you can lift a controller, you still young enough to play video games.

I know I am going to be playing them for many years to come, so I don't think there is a limit on the age of gamers.​

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Theoretically: there is no age limit.

In reality: I'll probably stop at some point. I already play a lot fewer games now than I did a few years ago; mainly thanks to university but also changing social circles and other such stuff. That's not to say my experience is universal; it's not, by any means! But, for me, I'll probably slowly diminish my gaming as I get older. I can just feel it in my waters. Oh well...

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Like Triffy said, it's ridiculous to say you're "too old" to play video games. It's like saying you're too old to watch television, read a book, or play a sport. While work and such can make you have less time for gaming or entertainment in general, you can never "outgrow" it. I plan on being a gamer for many years to come - even if I can't play as much as I have in years past, I'll still have spare time to play.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Up to the individual imo, there's no set age to start or stop playing games and there never will be if you ask me.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • Here is how I see it:

Game until you can't game anymore.

I don't see a specific age where you tend to stop playing games. I guess it's mainly when you decide to just stop playing video games altogether.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • There's no age limits to play video games.
    We can hardly imagine an old person playing video game because current old people didn't know video games, so they are a tiny bit to play them. On the other hand, people of our generation have grown up with video games, so I think many of us will be still playing video games when they are older.

Last edited:

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • I know an 82 year old in my CSS clan. He's way better than me, rofl.

I don't think there's any age that you shouldn't be playing video games at. Once you're old enough that it's physically difficult to do, it might be a good idea to cut back a bit, but hey if you want to play them, there's no reason not to.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • You've never heard of 80 years old men and women playing video games because our generation haven't reached that age yet. ;]

Honestly there shouldn't be an age restriction. Like others have said, it's a form of entertainment that everyone of all age group (depending on the rating of the game) could spend their time on. Play video games until you are physically incapable of holding on the controller if you must.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Well, I think it's just that your priorities change as you get older (and your interests too but that's just personal), university and work and maybe a carreer even, and gaming won't be at the top of your list of things to do anymore so I think that's why a lot of adults just stop playing all in all, but really there's no age limit like people said before.

Mr. Magius

  
    Years
  • I know lots of people in their 50s and 60s who play COD... I think your actual 'taste' for games changes as you grow older.

I couldn't say how long I'll play video games for, but it definitely keeps me feeling young. :-)

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Start playing FPS at 5, I'll sleep when I'm dead... (Being dead is a great indicator you should stop playing games...)

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Like Fabio said, I don't think there should be an age limit on video gaming. Hell, if I could still play games at around 80, I would.

Back