• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How old is Ash?

EmperorFlux

Banned
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Seasons have past by and Ash seems to remain the same. :P

How old do you think Ash is and do you think he will ever age?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    He's 10. A survey in a magazine for the Hoopa movie confirmed so. Ash? Aging? In the Pokemon anime? Less likely than Ash leaving the anime. His age is erased back to 10 at the start of every saga.

Guest123_x1

As long as the anime is running, Ash will always be 10. Like some, I'd like it if Ash and the other human characters actually aged as the series goes by, but that's not going to happen.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    I suppose technically you could watch every episode of the anime, note the passage of time as Ash travels around the world, and do some math to determine his age, but that would be a time consuming task that would probably be inaccurate due to the fact that the anime has time skips in it and doesn't showcase the passage of time that well. He's *canonically* 10 but he has to have been traveling around in-universe for at least a couple years now, unless the world of Pokemon has a year length comparable to Jupiter or Ash just doesn't age in human years.

Then again we never did find out who or what Ash's dad is, did we...?

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2016
    hi Ash is too young for you to a-sk! You can wonder in the confines of your own mind... most people do!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    I like to pretend that hes just a a very short 22 year old man.

I seriously chuckled at this.

If Ash were to actually age, and not be reversed to ten, I'd think maybe two or so years have passed since he left Kanto? Since he was only in Hoenn for a presumed three months. (I read timelines last night.) So, if Ash were to actually age, he'd be 12 or 13, maybe?

Guest123_x1

If Ash were to actually age, and not be reversed to ten, I'd think maybe two or so years have passed since he left Kanto?
    I once believed that if there had been actual age progression throughout the anime's life, Ash would probably be at least 17 or 18 by now. That's ignoring the supposed "reboot" for Unova and other factors, of course.

Back