• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How old where you when you started playing pokemon/what age did you start liking pkmn

Years
    • Age 14
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    I was six? idk.
    But I started playing right when the games come out. I had Red, Blue, and Yellow, but then I started to stop playing the game when Gold and Silver came out. Not because I didn't like the game, because my interest in Pokemon started fading away at that time. I started playing Pokemon again when Emerald came out, stopped again, played Pokemon Diamond and Pearl and I'm still playing it :D

LugiaFreak

Years
  • I love Pokemon!

I have no idea what age, but the first handheld I owned was a Gameboy Advance, and my first Pokemon games were Firered and Leafgreen. I lost Firered, but I still have Leafgreen. I remember when I was first learning how to play Pokemon, one of my Pokemon learned Tail Whip, and I was like, "Ooh! Tail Whip! My Pokemon is gonna whip you with its tail! Yeah!" And then when it just lowered their defense, I was disappointed. :laugh:
    Pikachu was the first Pokemon-related thing I saw. :) Pikachu was first, then Lugia. I remember seeing Lugia somewhere, and then going home and trying to draw it, but I couldn't remember it quite right. So, years later, I see it again and fall in love with it. Lugia is the greatest. <3 <3 <3

And I'm still totally obsessed with Pokemon, and I don't plan to stop anytime soon. <3

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • I honestly can't remember, all I know is I got Blue on my birthday, when I was pretty young. So, yeah, I've been with Pocket Monsters for quite a while, at least.

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
  • I forget how old I was but...I saw Pokemon Red version in K-Mart and I was begging my mum to buy it :D With the amount I begged, she put it on laybuy and then a few weeks later, I got it. Then, I couldn't get out of the house :D...But that didn't take me as long as getting past the thirsty old man :/...Good times, been hooked on it ever since.

As for the anime. Saw that on Cheese TV (Best morning show ever XD) and was again, hooked :D

Edit - Early happy birthday to Charizard EX :D Gratz man

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
  • I was 9, and my Nan bought me Blue and a purple GameBoy Colour for christmas. My cousin had Red and a lead, so he sent me a Meowth and a Bellsprout, which became Persian and Victreebel. The rest of my team were Bulbasaur (Venusaur), Pidgey (Pidgeot), Pikachu (Raichu) and Abra (Alakazam). Needless to say, when I caught Mewtwo (in an Ultraball), Alakazam went out of the window and in cam Mewtwo. Then my friend cloned her Mew, so Raichu went bye bye too!

Suzume

Fire Fist
    Years
  • (Argh, just wrote a long story of my Pokemon fandom and lost the whole text. Too lazy to write so much again. >_>)
    I was about 9 years old when Pokemon started on the Finnish television. I happened to be watching the normal saturday-mornings kids' shows when I noticed there would begin entirely new series I had not seen before. I saw how Ash got his Pikachu, but after that my mom told me I had watched too much tv that morning and turned the tv off. I started to cry because I really wanted to see the episode to the end, but nothing helped. Couple weeks later I saw the episode where Ash got his Caterpie, and fell in love with Pokemon. After that I would watch every episode and try to tape all those I couldn't watch at the moment.

After begging for it for months, I finally got Game Boy Color and Yellow version for my 10th birthday. Pikachu was my favourite pokemon back then, so I really loved the game too. I think at least in some point my team was Pikachu, Charizard, Blastoise, Venusaur, Articuno and Mew. (from Nintendo event where my cousins went) Later I learned it was more fun not to take any legendaries to your team. :P

Pokemon also started my passion for anime and manga, because I heard those two words in finnish pokemon forums. I remember when I started to draw "anime people" where I just drew them with the same style as in Pokemon.

TTH

Got leaf stone?
    Years
  • I was but a wee lad of about eleven...It was a boring day and I was sitting in my moms care in a Target parking lot starting down a poster for something called Pokemon. I think the TV show was on at that point too...So I had an idea of what it was. I had managed to save up 30 bucks that summer! It was going to be for Links Awakening but it ended up going to Pokemon Blue instead and the rest is history. I was hooked! My brick never left my side and always needed a change of batteries once a week after that! I remember when I got my first pidgey and just about leaped for joy! What a magical moment I wish I could relive.
    Ah childhood...

(I got Links Awakening for Christmas that year XD)

SonicBlue777

Very Expieranced Trainer
    Years
  • At first, I saw a few episodes of the tv show, I wasent to much of a fan to be honest, but then for christmas many years back i got my first pokemon game... Pokemon Red... I was hooked after that I watched the show, the movies. To learn as much as I could about it, and I remember the first day I caught Zapdos I was all proud xD I think I was about... 7-8 years old hehe... And im 17 so xD

Years
  • I was 10 when I first started to like Pokemon.
    x3 I felt awesome because your were 10 when you start on your Pokemon journey.

I remember my mom let us play our versions ALL the nigth before Christmas when Daddy wasn't home. Hehe.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Five or six. I don't know how I first saw it, I only remember going with my parents to get Red.

Cynic Kaka

Credentials.
    Years
  • I remember I got Blue the same day it came out, because I got a Pokemon Video when I was 2, thanks to my brother, and I loved the video so much, so my brother bought me Blue, and I played it, and then I kept understanding more and more about it.

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
  • Just before it come out. I remember seeing a page on the back of a Magazine which someone had at school. It had about fifty Pokemon, I remember Sanshrew and Tangela being on it. Then that Christmas Red and Blue come out in the UK, I got hooked.

Didn't really like Blue at first, however shortly I learned how to play and what it was about and got obsessed with Pokamons.

TTH

Got leaf stone?
    Years
  • Ooo! I remember when I got Gold! It was the first game I ever reserved and went to pick up on the release day...Ah. Good times.

It's been a wild run. Thank you for so much for filling my childhood with Blue and Gold! Both excellent games.

Back