• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How old where you when you started playing pokemon/what age did you start liking pkmn

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    I watched PKMN since I was Born. LOLz. Kiddin. REally, I watched it sinse my sister was born, bout 8 years ago.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I think I was 9-10...Can't really remember when I got Blue, but it was sometime around 5th grade. I used to be obsessed with the cards XD

Plant360

Da shizz!
    Years
    I've liked Pokemon since I was 2. I'm pretty young though, so I guess that isn't really much. I would watch it as a kid, and I taped about a third of the first season. I've got it it all in a box in my basement. I pull an episode out and watch it once in a while too...

And the games... I was introduced to them when I was about three, but I didn't end up getting one until my sixth birthday.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    I started watching the Anime when it first came out in 1998 (in australia). I was 5 years old and I had also just started school, where I would play with the Pokemon TC's and Figurines.
    When I was 8 I got a GBA and Pokemon Gold for Christmas, from then on I was completely hooked. =D

daydreambeliever

Awkwardturtleshipping (L)
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    To tell the truth, I hated Pokemon at a very young age. I was in Year 1, meaning I was about 6 or 7 years old and for some reason, everyone loved Pokemon. Pokemon stickers, Pokemon books and even on casual clothes days, people wore Pokemon clothes. I couldn't get my head around the craze.

I was a Digimon supporter when I was young. My brother and I would rush home after school and turn on FoxFids and watch it. I had a Digivice and everything.

It was only till this year that I started to like Pokemon. One of our family friends had Diamond and he lefted it at our house and I thought I might as well give it a try. I couldn't put it down.

Then I started to watch the anime online. I had always watched the anime, even from a young age and even though I hated the thing.

So now at the age of 13, I'm addicted to Pokemon and I don't give a damn what people think.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    I was either 4, 5, or 6 when I first heard of it, I suppose. I started watching the anime when it first came out in the US, starting with the second episode (I think), and I was in kindergarten at the time, sooo whatever age that would make me XD; I didn't ~really~ get into it until some people were playing with the TCG on the playground, and some girl gave me a card XD; It feels so weird to say that about 10 years of my life have had Pokémon in them x_x;

Or at least... I'm pretty sure that's how it happened D: It was so long ago now, I don't remember that much about it, just that I was a fan since it came out in the US.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    10. I got hooked on Pokemon in the 2007.

My classmate brought Pokemon Sapphire in school, and I thought it was really cool, so when I had my GBA, the first game I played was Emerald.

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
    I first got into Pokemon when it first came out in the U.S. I was like 3 or 4, but I can still remember when it first came out.

Katnip

Harajuku Lover
    Years
    When I was little (Like, kindergarden to second grade), I hated Pokemon. I thought it was the stupidest thing ever created, because all I ever saw was the TV show. Then in third grade, I started renting GBA games from Blockbuster. I got bored with my usual picks of games, and my eyes fell upon a copy of Sapphire version. Wondering why on earth I was getting it, I brought it home. Here's a re-enactment:
    Me in Third Grade: I can't believe I'm bringing a pokeyman game home. Why didn't I just get Spyro or something? Why?
    Me Five Minutes Later: Wooooow! This game is sooooo fun! Why did I ever think Pokemon was so stupid?
    It was love at first sight. Erm, love at first play.

Ironically though, I still hate the TV show.

july6

Team Aqua super fan *w*
    Years
    when I was six I think... but I started to play when I was....10... and now I'm 15 and pokemon (team aqua expecially XD) are my big passion

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I played it when I was 4! Played Yellow Version, sis didn't let me play much... My own first game was maybe when I was 6, Ruby! Now I liked pokemon since I was 3, not video games, just pokemon!

july6

Team Aqua super fan *w*
    Years
    oh I play yellow when I was seven with the game boy of my best friend XDDD I caught a zubat XDDD

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2020
    Well... Probabally... 4, 5, or 6? I know it was before 1st grade, so yeah.
    I got a Gameboy Color and pokemon crystal, I still haven't reset the game, I don't play it much, but I have a lv 98 Typhlosion, then I got pokemon Blue, the save/load game got messed up, traded it at a local game store, (They had no clue it was messed up :>) then bought yellow with my money (and some of my mother's money) then got Ruby, half way beat it, begged for Sapphire, got it, then got Emerald as a birthday present... Then FireRed, then Diamond. I really don't like 4th gen pokemon. I haven't beat Diamond yet... Don't plan to really :| By the way, I've beat all of my games except Diamond, recently reset my FireRed, and Emerald...

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    About 8, stopped liking it when I was about 12 because the anime was boring but came back when I was about 15 because I liked the anime again haha. So, I bought the GBA games when I got back into it.

Years
    I started watching the anime back in 1999/2000, started playing the games when I got pokemon snap in 2000-2002 (dunno which year), and I started playing the rpg with fr/lg when my friend showed it to me in 2004.

Legacy Raider

Motion Blur...
    Years
    i started back in 99, oh the memories...

Back when everyone in the playground were on their GameBoys and showing off their newest cards...

Back