• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How old where you when you started playing pokemon/what age did you start liking pkmn

Artemis

i'm no goddess
Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Ever since it first aired on TV I just fell in love...but the first game I ever got was PKMN Ruby when I had turned the age of 10...funny isn't it, starting my first pokemon game at 10?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    When I first started playing Pokemon,I think I was around 8,that's when my Mom bought me my first Pokemon game,ever since I've been loving Pokemon until this day forward.

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    When I was five, my older brother introduced me to it. Little did know that I was being introduced to one of the greatest influences in my life... oh, those halcyon days.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2009
    I was 6 or 7 when I got Red Version.

Oh gosh that was great times. People telling me Mew was under the truck... Missingno. Brings me back.

I remember in like second grade when my school went into eruption because gold version was "da bomb" back then.

I don't watch the show, but the games like all rpgs are fascinating. I don't play them as much anymore, but I still roleplay and play people's hacks.

๐Chubbyz๐

H e a V e n
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 23, 2008
    I cant really remember what age i was * think it was 3-5* but i started playing pokemon blue and started liking pokemon from that day.

madskil72

I don't really have mad skills
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2011
    I was like 3 when I saw my first pokemon episode
    (the one where Ash is on the S.S.Anne, and he trades his butterfree for a raticate)
    i started playin yellow version when i was around 6 years old
    everyone at my daycare would stop what they were doing and all gather around the tv to watch pokemon! =D

nakoma

gothic pokemon person
    Years
  • I got into pokemon when the tv show came out then I got some of the topps pokemon cards then some of the trading cards. I did not really get into the games till about a year or two after the tv show started. Thats when I got yellow and gold followed by blue and crystal and then diamond. wow I feel old now I got into pokemon when I was 9 :S and some people here where toddlers when it came out >_<

I was like 3 when I saw my first pokemon episode
    (the one where Ash is on the S.S.Anne, and he trades his butterfree for a raticate)=D

battle aboard the S.S.Anne! great episode.

Last edited:

Ryuu Akamatsu

Oh yeeeah!
    Years
  • I remember it like it was yesterday. I got the Gameboy bundle pack for my birthday. A red colored Gameboy Color, Red version, a link cable and a strategy guide. I believe I was 8 when I received it. It was so exciting, being able to plunge into the world of Pokemon like that for the very first time.

Candace

Beauty Trainer
    Years
  • I was 10 when Red and Blue came out and me and my cousin got it (I got red, he got blue). So, it's 10 years ago... feels like yesterday. I also remember being EXTATIC that an anime would come. But, sadly I never watched it much (not an anime fan)

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Well, 3, yes 3, I only liked the merchandise, cards, and anime... The games I didn't care much for (graphics) except Pokemon Stadium... I consider Ruby my first game that I ever went through and finished.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I was 10 when I first got my first pokemon game, Ruby...and I was about 6 or 7 when pokemon now came out and I started to like it and got hooked...yep and now I plan on giving it up when pokemon is over as well...

Back