• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How the **** people beat recently released games so fast?

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    Basically, this. Pokémon X & Y have been released yesterday and people have already beaten the game! I can't do this, but I want to be able to. I have the time, but I imagine the level of mental and even physical stress is high.

Also posting here since my question is not necessarily related to Pokémon games.

Years
    I don't see how this is a surprise to anyone? Gamestop and smaller gaming stores have been breaking street dates for years.

That and the fact that if you have some days off you can sit down and play it through in one go.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    If people are extremely hyped about a game, and if it turns out it was everything they expected and more, then, they'll no doubt use their free time to do everything they can to try and play it non-stop, imo. I guess you can call it a... new video game tradition. ^.^

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    I've conquered entire Pokemon games in one day. With VBA, I beat Crystal in under an hour. It's not too hard, although I wouldn't recommend it because there's a lot of extra stuff in games that speed-runs would skip over. That always makes me sad when people do that >.< With X & Y, it kinda does surprise me that people have beaten the whole thing already, but then again it really makes sense. People get dedicated to this stuff lol

Years
    Considering how the fastest recorded speed run of Crystal is a little under 3 and a half hours long I'd sure be interested in seeing your speed run.

Orifiel

Priestess
    Years
    Basically, this. Pokémon X & Y have been released yesterday and people have already beaten the game! I can't do this, but I want to be able to. I have the time, but I imagine the level of mental and even physical stress is high.

Also posting here since my question is not necessarily related to Pokémon games.

Well, people ARE excited to play the game.
    No wonder they played it all day and finish it after 2-3 days or maybe 1.

Years
    I've always found it interesting when people love a new game so much that they try and beat it as fast as they can. Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather take my time going through a game than speeding through it, hopefully so it lasts me longer. Even GTA V which I finished in a little less than 2 weeks felt too fast, but I do understand why people do it.

Subsequent playthroughs though, I generally try and beat games as fast as I possibly can.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    I don't get why people rush through games either, but I guess it like people said if it's game you've been wanting for a long time like X and Y or GTA V for example , you playing it for hours on end on the first day of getting it. I know I'm like that with new Pokemon games. I prefer taking it slow though so after the first day or so I don't rush as much and complete the game slower. I like taking things in and exploring every corner cause I feel you can get more out of a game that way instead of just rushing through it. I like the experience lasting.

TY

I dont see the point of rushing through a game either... You pay lots of money for a game, then you just wanna complete it ASAP... Im just playing through the game while exploring what the game offers me. I took my time for games like GTA V, StarCraft 2 and Far Cry 3 since i explored the entire map/mission

Years
    I don't really see why people rush through newly released games. Once they've been out for a while and people have finished them, I do like to both attempt and watch speed runs... but X and Y have been out for two days and people have finished. I like to explore and take my time in games... which is why I've just gotten the second badge.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    People being passionate about newly hyped games and beating it within a few days tends to be the reason why we get complaints about games nowadays being too short and want them to longer, to the point where it'll take weeks or months to beat it. I'm the type of person who wants to speedrun through the game as fast as possible while trying to collect most, if not all, the hidden goodies it has to offer.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
    Years
    Look people were always excited about games (Some not speacily gamers) They like games very much and there are lot of Pokemon Fans it possible that they have searched walkthrough via net or they know someone related with this game X&Y and in some countries the game has been already published and people used to much important time of them or the non important time to play it. If anyone want to prove that he is the NO.1 gamer to show some bravery he would complete it. There are too many awesome peoples that are die hard fan of pokemon so its possible for them to complete a recently released game.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2017
    Speed demons. . . I like to make my video games last, since they're usually expensive.
    The quickest it's ever taken me to beat a game was Professor Layton and the Last Time Travel, and that took about 13 hours. Fast for me, but slow compared to some other people (Math puzzles. MATH PUZZLES?! >0>)
    I still haven't truly beaten either of my Pokemon games. I still need to battle the Elite Four again and all the other Gym Leaders again.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I ask myself the same thing because in my pace, I'd finish a game between two weeks and two years. lmao...but I have to be SO INTO THE GAME in order to beat in in two weeks.

I also want to explore the surroundings of the game in order to enjoy it. Speeding your way to the end doesn't sound like you're really enjoying it at all :(

droomph

weeb
    Years
    I barely have half an hour a day (if that) so I have no choice but to spend a long time to complete games.

But I do remember beating PMD. In a week and feeling sad forfinishing i so early.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
    They must be playing nonstop and just with the objective of beating it, not to check out the side stuff. Most people I know have already beaten X & Y. And then there's me, still with one badge, growing berries. xD

I honestly prefer to make games last as long as possible. Off the top of my head, it took me about 25 days to beat Mario and Luigi: Dream Team and 3 months to beat The World Ends With You. It makes me feel like I've gotten my money's worth if a game lasts that long. What is the satisfaction of completing a game you just bought as quickly as possible?

Back