• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How were we created?

How do you think we were created?

• Total voters

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    for me I thougt we were made religiously...though I do not have any doubt that it might have also been the big bang theory...

I guess it is one of those things that will never be answered...

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    Not to beat a dead horse. But what initiated the Big Bang? What caused something out of nothing?

edit: You are majoring in something when you're 16 years old?
    Wait a few months, then you'll get your answer:D,

I'm referring to the "Dooms day machine".

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
    Angela, jasonresno. Word of advice. Stoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooop. Before it ends up closed like the other thread.

Please? <3

Don't be breaking your own rules now, David. :<

All I can say is that it's more logical that we evolved from some type of animal. Some say we evolved from fish and others believe we evolved from some sort of ape man.

It really doesnt make sense we were created by Adam and Even because that would mean we are our own brothers and sisters. D:

Audy: Yeah, same for me. I also consider myself agnostic because I've never understand the whole religious thing of creation either. D:

And your right we really don't have enough proof to say all that happened. Our theories are controversial because its adam and eve vs. Scientific method. D:

kingofjokers

This is not a custom title!!!!
    Years
    ok ima lay down what i learned at school i think i was told this a year ago correct me if im wrong 1st of all god is your really into your relegion now lets talk science the big bang thing i know nothing about but all i know is earth was there then lightning hit and it started the simplest organism then it adapted to the sea then adapted into land then we slowly move on from there i think ...

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    ok ima lay down what i learned at school i think i was told this a year ago correct me if im wrong 1st of all god is your really into your relegion now lets talk science the big bang thing i know nothing about but all i know is earth was there then lightning hit and it started the simplest organism then it adapted to the sea then adapted into land then we slowly move on from there i think ...

That's not even a proper sentence. Do you even go to school?

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
    I'm agnostic. I won't discount the possibility of a "creator", but I won't embrace it either. There's not enough evidence to prove that a "God" exists, in my eyes, so yeah.

My mother tried bringing me up as a Christian but she always said I thought too "logically", and I guess I kinda stemmed away from it. She insisted that it's impossible to prove God exists because it's "just a matter of faith" and it's like.. uhh..

But yeah, for a smart woman (which I consider my mom to be very smart) I'm surprised by her religion. At the same time, though, I'm glad she has it because it gives her something to believe in, even if I don't believe the same thing. The thought of her having nothing to have faith in like that kinda depresses me, so.. idk.

Well, my mother was the same way because my grandmother had always tried to bug her about trying to get us to go to church every sunday. D: Me and my mom are catholics. (I was baptized as a catholic but consider myself agnostic.) And yet I don't think even my mom understands religion that much.

My family did attend church with my grandmother but not every day. I know my best friend's mother wants us to go with her family and I really hate getting into it because I'll always stay agnostic because, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I hate religion because I don't, I just don't understand and I don't think I ever will.

My best friend's family is christian though but feh...it won't stop me from having him as my best friend. Religion should never make friendship fail.

But yeah, I never understood religion and I never will. D:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I am cristian and all but i believe the whole god created human thing is crap. I mean we havw 2 major proofs that it did not happen that way
    1. If adam and eve were THE only people put on earth everyone today would have mental instability and hell the world wouldnt have gone past 500 AD if that was the case
    2. If humans where created right then and there like we are today what the hell is the proof of humans evolving from a more primitive skeletal structure a bunch of crap? I am sorry but when it comes to what happned first or happned at all it is without a doubt the big bang. Science proved that the whole earth thing came to be past 5000 years b.c history even proves so. Unless of course you want to believe the garden of eden is masopotamia. Which there i believe is crap as well.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Personally, I'm a creationist. I believe god made the universe, the earth and everything else. When people try to shove the 'Big Bang' theory in my face I say, "Well, maybe god caused the Big Bang when he said 'There shall be a universe' while he was creating the heavens and the earth"
    Seriously, we cant claim to know that this planet we call home took millions of years to appear. I for one think that god forged our planet in 7 days just like the bible says.

Before any of you get offended, think about the big bang. it supposedly happened suddenly, so it's possible that He is the one who caused it. (Just food for thought) I know some of you more bible-happy folks will probably disagree with me and say the universe *just* appeared on his command, with no flashy entrance or explosion. At least I dont buy the whole 'millions of years to form the earth' ideal.

Evolution is also something I dont exactly buy. I do believe that it's possible for an organism to change over time. I dont believe we all came from single celled amoebas or a monkey or any other organism though. I'm sure that He has created every living thing, including humans as the bible says. Evolution is real, we just weren't created by Evolution. God made man, and all the animals which inhabit this planet. And of course, nature has taken it's natural course over the past few millennium. So naturally, the animals of today are the offspring of the animals GOD created. We are the offspring of Adam and Eve. Adam and Eve were created by God. And of course you should know the rest of the story.

Monkeys may be genetically alike to man, but that doesn't mean we evolved from them. God put them here for a reason.

I am cristian and all but i believe the whole god created human thing is crap. I mean we havw 2 major proofs that it did not happen that way
    1. If adam and eve were THE only people put on earth everyone today would have mental instability and hell the world wouldnt have gone past 500 AD if that was the case
    2. If humans where created right then and there like we are today what the hell is the proof of humans evolving from a more primitive skeletal structure a bunch of crap? I am sorry but when it comes to what happned first or happned at all it is without a doubt the big bang. Science proved that the whole earth thing came to be past 5000 years b.c history even proves so. Unless of course you want to believe the garden of eden is masopotamia. Which there i believe is crap as well.

When I think of the thousands upon thousands of genetic disorders which we know that exist, I dont believe that we can say "it's impossible that we came from Adam and Eve." To say such a thing is being blind to the truth.

Last edited:

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
    Years
    Then does that mean we're doomed to genetic disorders forever? I came upon that solution before, and it just made me wonder: If we came across humanoid aliens, and we produced offspring would that make our offspiring have an incredibly smaller chance of contracting disorders from birth?(given that the aliens don't have any themselves...) Does that mean Adam and Eve were siblings? I mean, I know they were made from god, but I didn't think the rules applied like that.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    Oh jeez, another religion thread.

My opinion is that there is no such thing as supernatural, everything should logically have a naturalistic cause and explanation for why it happened/exists/does what it does. Until there is evidence that says a supernatural being must have created everything, I have no reason to believe that explanation.

So I would say the "Big Bang," although of course the Big Bang must have had a cause if it is actually the explanation as to the birth of the Universe. Evidence seems to point to some sort of "explosion" so I'll believe that. Now it is humanity's job to figure out what caused the Big Bang, and to keep looking for naturalistic answers until we can accurately explain the whole of existence.

Just seems like a better plan then "Goddidit," IMO.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
    I don't know. All that matters is that I'm here.

JK. I'm leaning towards the Big Bang theory. But who knows? (We don't, that's for sure.)

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Im not sure what to believe. Science is convincing and makes a lot of sense with evolution and al but God is in the back of my mind.

Ultraviolence

alt account for Eros
    Years
    • Age 28
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 3, 2019
    I can't choose between Science or Religion... Science says we came from single celled organisms, and Religion says God created us.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    I'm not sure what I believe :/ Like it has been said several times in this thread, there isn't a way to know for sure, so I just keep my mind open to new ideas. I wasn't really raised a certain religion, since my mom is Christian and my dad is pro-evolution, so I kind of saw both sides of the coin. So, yeah, not a Christian, but not totally against the idea of a god either. *shrug*

Ezzo!

conejo.
    Years
    Well, I think God created us. I used to think that we evolved from monkeys or whatever, but then I thought that if we evolved from them, how come the monkey's aren't still evolving into humans? But I didn't Google it yet so idk, lol.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Well, I think God created us. I used to think that we evolved from monkeys or whatever, but then I thought that if we evolved from them, how come the monkey's aren't still evolving into humans? But I didn't Google it yet so idk, lol.

Monkeys dont just change in a day. Evolution takes more years than a you can imagine

Back