• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How will you pronounce 2010?

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Two thousand and ten for me.
    I'm not sure why but I just feel that it feels nicer to say than twenty ten..

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    apart that it sounds weird I say 0 ten but most of the time it's Twenty-Ten

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    For me it's something along the lines of:

Two thousannnten.
    Or perhaps, if I'm feeling very lazy, two thousand ten.

Two thousand and ten just feels like too much of a mouthful. I will say it in formal conversation, but otherwise I'll shorten it to the 'nn' sound instead of the clear 'and'.

I just don't want to say 'twenty ten'. It doesn't sound like a year to me, it's more like a code or just a random two numbers.

xX

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    Twenty/Ten is the only correct way to pronounce it :3
    Saying "Two Thousand Ten" is like saying 1999 as "Nineteen Hundred Ninety-Nine".
    Which was all know is ridiculousness, as its pronounced "Nineteen/Ninety-Nine"

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Twenty Ten all the way. Sounds better. :P

I'm gonna keep writing 2009 on all my papers... takes like a month for me to get used to used, probably more. :P

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    I will pronounce it "Two thousand and ten" .. but I won't restrict it. It won't matter if I say "Twenty ten".

But I do think "Two thousand and ten" sounds better and easier to say for me.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Twenty Tenn of course.

Well, honestly, who called 1999 "one thousand and nine hundred and nintynine years"?

Back