• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How would you rate the ORAS soundtrack?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
  • So, the soundtrack of Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire consists primarily of remixed, updated versions of music from the originals, as well as several brand new pieces.

Here's a few examples of updated versions of original tracks:

Spoiler:

And here are some examples of brand new pieces introduced in ORAS:

Spoiler:

So, how do you have any thoughts on the ORAS music overall? How would you rate the soundtrack as a whole? Are there any remixes that you thought were especially better than the originals? Any that you thought weren't as good as the originals?

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2023
    Honestly I love the soundtrack of ORAS. Almost every single song was remixed perfectly(and those that weren't perfect were still pretty good).

I think the most disappointing remixed song for me was probably deoxys's battle theme. It just felt underwhelming compared to the original version to me.

The music for battling primal groudon/kyogre was great though. I really liked how they had the original version of the song fade in and out of the remixed song itself. Really good touch.
    Giving secret bases and Fortree different themes was a nice touch too.

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    I would rate as 10/10. The soundtrack is really amazing. Usually I would only listen to a soundtrack once but with this one I've listened to it over and over again.

Skillah

Pokemon Fan since 2001.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2022
    Definitely one of my favorite sound tracks of all time. I think ORAS did it great justice. I usually played with the sound on full for the maximum experience. ^_^

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Honestly I love the soundtrack of ORAS. Almost every single song was remixed perfectly(and those that weren't perfect were still pretty good).

I think the most disappointing remixed song for me was probably deoxys's battle theme. It just felt underwhelming compared to the original version to me.

The music for battling primal groudon/kyogre was great though. I really liked how they had the original version of the song fade in and out of the remixed song itself. Really good touch.
    Giving secret bases and Fortree different themes was a nice touch too.

One of the best to date, though I can't decide if I like it better than B2W2 or XY.

Definitely one of my favorite sound tracks of all time. I think ORAS did it great justice. I usually played with the sound on full for the maximum experience. ^_^

I would rate as 10/10. The soundtrack is really amazing. Usually I would only listen to a soundtrack once but with this one I've listened to it over and over again.

I thought it was pretty darned good too! It wasn't as good as I expected though, I must admit. Most of the tracks sounded more or less the same as the originals to me, but that's certainly not bad, since it was a great soundtrack to begin with.

So is there any one in particular that you guys would say is your favorite? My favorite is definitely the Primal encounter theme. It's just so cool how they mixed in the remixed version with the original GBA one, like Kawaii Shoujo Duskull said. It just feels so epic :')

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    So is there any one in particular that you guys would say is your favorite? My favorite is definitely the Primal encounter theme. It's just so cool how they mixed in the remixed version with the original GBA one, like Kawaii Shoujo Duskull said. It just feels so epic :')

My favorite would be "Southern Island". It's very calm and soothing. It's my favorite place to be at in Pokémon Alpha Sapphire.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • My favorite would be "Southern Island". It's very calm and soothing. It's my favorite place to be at in Pokémon Alpha Sapphire.

Holy smokes, I almost forgot about this lovely piece. It's really relaxing. I could honestly go to sleep to it! If only we could hear it more than just once in the game :'c

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    Holy smokes, I almost forgot about this lovely piece. It's really relaxing. I could honestly go to sleep to it! If only we could hear it more than just once in the game :'c

I wasted majority of my first play-through at Southern Island just so I could listen to the music lol. It can help me go to sleep most of the time.

Skillah

Pokemon Fan since 2001.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2022
    I thought it was pretty darned good too! It wasn't as good as I expected though, I must admit. Most of the tracks sounded more or less the same as the originals to me, but that's certainly not bad, since it was a great soundtrack to begin with.

Honestly all of the beginning tracks in the first couple of areas are my favorite, paired with the surfing track. brings back memories of when i was in first grade :') Now i've graduated :(

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Honestly all of the beginning tracks in the first couple of areas are my favorite, paired with the surfing track. brings back memories of when i was in first grade :') Now i've graduated :(

Hey, that's what a remake is all about ;)

I like the surfing music in these games too. I think out of all the beginning area tracks, Littleroot Town's theme is my favorite.

Nas160

Sometimes here...!
    Years
  • Oh, man...I can't describe ORAS' soundtrack with any words other than beautiful. :) It may be a little bit of bias since my first game was Emerald, but I think the re-done songs were absolutely perfect. Some remixes stayed somewhat faithful to the original (route music, Ever Grande City), some changed the tempo (Fortree City, Archie/Maxie battle) and feel (Mt. Chimney) entirely, but in the end, all of them brought new life to the various songs from the original in different amazing ways, while also still feeling new and fresh- something that all remakes should do. :) The songs really enhance the originals, and dare I say, at least a lot of them are even better in my opinion. Overall, they all just make the adventure feel even bigger and grander than the originals (and the visuals also help that too :P). And of course, they made the game an amazing experience for those who have childhood memories of playing the originals. :)

I was disappointed that there wasn't a "GBA Sounds" item that replaces the music with the RSE versions like they did in HGSS, but the new songs are just so dang good that I've come to be perfectly fine with that. :) Even so, the, the little snippets of RSE music in there were all really nice touches (beginning of the game, Primal Groudon/Kyogre battle, Time Travel Award).

Overall, AS has easily become my favorite Pokémon game of all time, and the soundtrack is one of the biggest reasons. Powerfully nostalgic, and enhancing the original's charm tenfold. And yes, the new music is amazing too ^^ I really like the different Zinnia songs played during the Delta Episode, especially her battle theme.

If you had the Eon Ticket, you could go back to catch the remaining Eon Latios/Latias you didn't get earlier in the game :)

There's quite a lot that I love, but I'll list a few ^^

Littleroot Town - Just really instills that warm, home-y, nostalgic feeling for me, and it's perfect to start your grand adventure with :)
    Route music - All of these are just so great! The ones I especially love are Route 101, 104, 110, 120. All of these just really take me back and take in the nostalgia <3
    Battle music - Particularly the rival battle, wild battle, trainer battle, elite four battle, and especially Gym battle music. All of these are just so much more energetic and awesome sounding, and I love them :) Especially the Gym Leader theme, I honestly cannot stop listening to that one ^^
    Southern Island - This song is very serene, calm and relaxing, and it reminds me of when I encountered Latias in AS, who became my favorite Pokémon shortly after that :')
    Primal/Rayquaza battle - Dear god do I love these. In short, both of theme amazingly instill a sense of "you are battling one of the mightiest creatures in the history of the world" like every legendary song should, and helps the Pokémon establish a very intimidating, strong presence. The Primal battle theme has samples of the original track, which is one of my favorite little details in this game, while the Rayquaza battle really sounds intense, like from some epic action movie or something. After being told the history and lore of the ancient savior Pokémon from the heavens, you really feel the weight of standing right in front of that Pokémon.
    Victory Road/Ever Grande City - Both really convey the feel of "You're near the end of your grand aventure, all you've done has finally led up to this" and helps you to keep pushing forward, which I think is the best tone to instill for that part of the game :) Ever Grande has that nice, relaxing break in between, letting you breathe a sigh of relief from overcoming the first part of your final challenge. It's beautiful, and I think the flute-ish instrument sounds a bit like the original in itself (at 0:07)

In the end, all of the music contributes to one of my absolute favorite soundtracks in gaming. Bless Masuda and the other composers for making the music in this series so amazing ^^

Last edited:

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    They kept it in tempo and didn't have twi wildly contrasting styles between the OW and Battles, unlike a certain Johto remake. Staying faithf was honestly enough for me, the GBA games and behond have some great music composition, not a lot you can do withiut being too different.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • Overall, for me, the soundtrack was in the higher end of ones found in games and so I liked it quite a bit. That said, there was one song that made it for me, and I think it's the best soundtrack I've heard in a game to date. That song is Zinnia's Theme. It's so good that I actually went ahead and downloaded it to my phone (very few songs make the cut, mind you).

All in all, I'd give it a solid 5/7.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Overall, for me, the soundtrack was in the higher end of ones found in games and so I liked it quite a bit. That said, there was one song that made it for me, and I think it's the best soundtrack I've heard in a game to date. That song is Zinnia's Theme. It's so good that I actually went ahead and downloaded it to my phone (very few songs make the cut, mind you).

All in all, I'd give it a solid 5/7.

Zomg, yes.

Zinnia's theme seriously stood out to me. It sounds completely unlike any song I'd expect to hear in a Pokemon game--reminds me of something you'd hear in Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts (I can't be the only one who thinks this). So well put together, and I do love me some strings ^^

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2020
    I like the original Ruby and Sapphire soundtrack better than OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire from some of them.
    I like:
    Route 119
    Route 120
    Steven
    Zinnia
    Deoxys
    Elite Four

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I do really loves Elite Four and Gym Battle music because it was more intense as the battle bit harder and Steven was way more cooler and Zinnia is also interesting. The Villainous theme are OK however.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Aside from the Trainer battle theme, Surf theme and Wild battle theme. Everything is perfect!

I rate it 8.5/10. (:

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Why do I feel like the more standout music comes from the Delta Episode?

And Wally's encounter theme was pretty cool too. In fact, a lot of the new music was more interesting to me. Everything else… sounded more or less like MIDI versions of the stuff from Ruby/Sapphire, and I just so happen to like the low-quality sampling from that better.

The music seemed overall low-budget. I'd listen to X/Y's soundtrack more than OR/AS's.

Aww, but surely you liked the remixed Kyogre/Groudon encounter music? :3 Out of all the remade music, that one definitely seems to stand out since they did something so unique with it.

Back