• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How would you react?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
  • What is one day you went to go play your Pokemon game and when you open up the menu screen YOUR SAVE DATA HAS BEEN DELETED!!! How would you react? Would you take it lightly? Would you be a little sad? Would you yell one huge swear word that could be heard blocks away? Would you faint and then at awakening go on a huge anger rage while swearing the whole time like I would?

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    Well, considering it has happened with two versions I own, I can say that I was disappointed for about 3 or 4 seconds before I shrugged it off and went to find something else to do.

I expected it was going to happen some time or other anyway since those versions were renowned for it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • If it was...Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed, LeafGreen, Emerald #1, Diamond #2, Pearl (even though it's lost), or SoulSilver, I wouldn't be too hurt I don't think. But I have a good bit of stuff on Crystal, Emerald #2, Diamond #1, Platinum, HeartGold, and White. In fact, I would throw a FIT if those got deleted, especially White because of the tedious challenge I'm working on.

Also, I did turn on my game to find a deleted file once, and it was my only storage game, Sapphire, for that time. I cried like a baby, you don't even understand. I was so relieved when I turned the game back on to find it was somehow miraculously restored. I don't know how it happened, but it did, and I'm grateful.

I would also be mad if I lost all my Aipoms!

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'd act very annoyed because my games tend to have great achievements, like good IVed Pokemon and (on rare occasions) shinies.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
  • If it was any generation 4 games I would break everything I see because I've got tons of shinies and event pokemon and if it was White I will die because most of my Pokemon are level 80+ and if it was Black I will also die because I have tons of shinies :<

Years
  • If it was...Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed, LeafGreen, Emerald #1, Diamond #2, Pearl (even though it's lost), or SoulSilver, I wouldn't be too hurt I don't think. But I have a good bit of stuff on Crystal, Emerald #2, Diamond #1, Platinum, HeartGold, and White. In fact, I would throw a FIT if those got deleted, especially White because of the tedious challenge I'm working on.

Also, I did turn on my game to find a deleted file once, and it was my only storage game, Sapphire, for that time. I cried like a baby, you don't even understand. I was so relieved when I turned the game back on to find it was somehow miraculously restored. I don't know how it happened, but it did, and I'm grateful.

I would also be mad if I lost all my Aipoms!

That actually happened to me about two weeks ago on my Sapphire, and strangely enough it was working the next day (although the internal battery is now gone on it).

---

I would be mad if my file was deleted for a game that I had put a lot of effort into (good Pokemon, long playtime, etc.), but I don't think I would be overly upset about it for too long.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • If I had a good save then I'd be annoyed however, I don't really mind restarting games but not if it's one of my main games ;_;

I remember I was playing Pokémon Silver and I was only about 8, and I was training an Eevee and I REALLY wanted an Espeon, anyway, I didn't really know about the Friendship factor back then and I though it was just a random level and after days of training I finally got it to Level 55 and it evolved to Espeon and literally, a minute later, I dropped my Gameboy and my save was lost, and I was devistated.

Nervous Eddy

Anxious Meowth
    Years
  • I remember this happened to me with my first pokemon game, the original Red Version. I had lost the cartridge for a couple of weeks, but finally found it. When I popped it into my gbc, the save data was gone for some reason. I wasn't too shook up. Just started a new game. I was even kind of excited to try out a new starter, since bulbasaur turned out to not be such a favorite of mine.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Depending on what game I would either cry or shrug it of.

If it was my Soul Silver or Heart Gold I would invent a whole new language that contained nothing but swearing :|

Platinum or Black I would be like ~CHILLLLAXXXX. dood.

Hoppip

Hoppip used Solarbeam!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    If it was one of my good games people would ask me "how the hell did you manage to snap the sofa in half?"

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • I would be greatly disappointed and would probably shut the game off and lay there fuming, trying to decide if I should go ahead and get started again or not. If it happened to contain my level 100 Pokemon that I had been raising for years, I would be so angry I would probably renounce my fandom and never play Pokemon again. I would be very burned out, to say the least.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • "Eh, it's just a game. I can always replay to that point." :/

I delete my Pokemon save files left and right out of sheer boredom at times. XD

BonzaiMudkip

Senior Trainer
    Years
  • It already happened to me on a few occasions. Mainly During the 1st and 2nd gens. When my blue erased itself for the 3rd time, i just lost it and had a tantrum and just bawed my eyes out (i was 8 at the time). On my gold, i had a really long "Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!" moment. You'd have the same moment if your pokedex was almost complete (i only needed 5 more pokemon until i finished the pokedex)

If it happens again in my later games, i'll probably lose it. (but i'll get better, i hope)

Years
  • Probably ask "Are you serious?!" to no-one in particular, then emit a loud "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!"

Afterwards I'd probably start a new game, save it quickly to make sure it still saves, then continue on a brand new journey :D

Years
  • I'd throw my DS out my window, get on my 3 story apartment's roof and jump off screaming curses :'[

>:D NAH!! but seriously I'd be mad but I'd just restart the day after and have my team be even better :D

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • It depends on the game and how far I got in it. If I hadn't even beaten the Elite Four, I would just shrug it off. But if my LeafGreen, for example, got deleted I would literally cry. I have a complete pokedex in that game and it took a lot of time and hard work.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Probably ask "Are you serious?!" to no-one in particular, then emit a loud "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!"

Afterwards I'd probably start a new game, save it quickly to make sure it still saves, then continue on a brand new journey :D

This and sob sessions. I've had it happen to be thrice with 2 copies of Sapphire and 1 save file session.

The 2 Sapphire "deletions" were due to losing the actual, physical cartridges. When I lost my first Sapphire, I retrieved a second copy. When I lost my second copy of Sapphire, I got Emerald later on.

In Emerald, I was saving to do a Secret Base battle, the kind that occur after you mix records with someone. The cartridge slightly shifted during saving, so the game froze. I turned the GBASP off and on, only to find the following message: The save file has been erased due to corruption or damage. By the way, I didn't exploit any glitches or use any external devices on Pokemon Emerald. I figured, "Previous save file should be loaded, right?" WRONG. My entire savefile got deleted, and I was greeted only with a New-Game/Option screen, with the "Continue" box nowhere to be found. :cer_cry: Later on, I deliberately turned off while saving, and to my partial anger, the game did the traditional "The save file is corrupted. The previous save file will be loaded." message. Only one time have I ever gotten the "file-erased" message as opposed to the "previous save file will be loaded" message.

In all three data deletions, I've had several Level 100 Pokemon and many hours of playtime. I almost lost the Emerald cartridge as well, but thankfully it ended up in a drawer rather than being Lost Forever. Somehow, I've kept on trucking, and now my Emerald cartridge probably holds the record for "most replayed game ever" in my game collection, with Super Smash Brothers Brawl inching its way toward that status.

Hopefully, if this incident should ever happen again (and I really hope it never does occur), the traditional "previous save file will be loaded" will take precedence. Having a whole legit file erased with no alternative files for loading is just wrong :cer_no:, and it's one of the few legitimate reasons I see for using PokeSav (backup purposes).

Back