• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hunger Emporium Mafia - gj town

Sparkin

Yeah, not liking this claim at all. [Lynch] Kiyotaka Ishimaru

There's no need to claim when the role says that they choose someone to do the kill, meaning that it's not necessarily mafia. And plus, it's only flavour text, it's not alignment indicative.
Why so much worry?

Desox

This account is inactive.
Years
Was this the claim that killed Kiyo?

Yeah, I don't like it either.

You could take it as part of the 'does appearing manipulated by the hunger in the text make anybody inno' discussion, but: 1. Kiyo was late to that party, which was basically resolved, a.k.a. 'no it doesn't', 2. He roleclaimed when he needn't, and why? We weren't even pointing at him, just doubting him, quick to jump the gun.

Kiyo could be anything in game, but I don't like those moves, so it's (momentarily) our best shot.

[Lynch] Kiyotaka Ishimaru

Kiyotaka Ishimaru

Ultimate Moral Compass
Years
Hmm

The first thing to enter my mind was to try and do a VT claim and see if scum would try to make use of it to get an easy lynch going.

True enough, it's happening right now. I notice a bunch of sheeper reactions from the crowd. Pretty much when there are more votes, they'll try to go and hop on the wagon easily with their planned statement.

First off, do I have any reason to lie to be VT right at the start of the game when all it would do is draw attention to me?

Secondly, has anyone ever claimed VT early game and flipped mafia?

Thirdly, would I do such a bold vote as mafia? Do I have any reason to?

I'm sure scum would make use of this post to accuse me even more, but that's fine, because I'm genuinely VT. My death will help you tomorrow.

Let's see; I find L'Belle and Desox to be more scummy than the rest right now. Seems like scum trying to make a lynch.

[Lynch] Desox

Sparkin

Also for some reason I got a message saying that I lost my previous role

Last edited:

Desox

Years
I'm sheepish for having a logical reaction out of the possible ones, even when I'm giving my own reasons and not clinging on anyone? Okay.

Also, 'has anyone ever claimed VT early game and flipped mafia?' is not a valid argument. It's the exact reason I'm suspecting you, even when you gave points 1 and 3.

I dunno if anyone here ever claimed VT early game then flipped mafia, but it's a sketchy move nonetheless and why I'm placing a vote on you.

Kiyotaka Ishimaru

Ultimate Moral Compass
Years
I'm sheepish for having a logical reaction out of the possible ones, even when I'm giving my own reasons and not clinging on anyone? Okay.

Also, 'has anyone ever claimed VT early game and flipped mafia?' is not a valid argument. It's the exact reason I'm suspecting you, even when you gave points 1 and 3.

I dunno if anyone here ever claimed VT early game then flipped mafia, but it's a sketchy move nonetheless and why I'm placing a vote on you.

First off, your reason to vote me is that I roleclaim when I needn't and I was quick to jump the gun. Would any mafia reasonably make such a claim at the start of the game knowing that it's probably risky? And no, don't try to use WIFOM, I personally think that it'd be better to feign innocence as mafia to gain response rather than make a risky claim so early.

Second, you even acknowledge that I could be literally anything and say it's the best move for now. That's something a sheeper does and mafia of that variety often tunnel on someone just to look justified.

Thirdly, having a 'logical reason' doesn't mean you're not a sheeper. It just makes you look like you have a reason when you don't have anything other than you don't like it and it's quick to jump the gun which everyone has already stated but you merely wrap it in different text to make it new.

Fourth, why is it not a valid argument? Do be clear.

Fifth, define how a sketchy move is instantly mafia. Most town get lynched because of sketchy moves, js.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 19, 2023
So, I'm still a bit confused about all this, but I believe Dive is not lying. A VT claim is too risky, and I don't see a reason that he would do that so soon in the game if he was mafia, as it brings much more attention to him than he would get staying quiet. But Dive, I also do not think that the mafia would jump on the bandwagon that fast, assuming that if you get lynched and you really end up being town, they would be the next day targets. But of course, I still need time to get used with everyone's behaviour, and everything I said was nothing but assumption, therefore you don't need to believe it.

Last edited:

Desox

Years
But it is WIFOM. I read your comment and all it resulted in was in a loop of reasoning. Which resulted in my vote, momentarily.

Thirdly, having a 'logical reason' doesn't mean you're not a sheeper. It just makes you look like you have a reason when you don't have anything other than you don't like it and it's quick to jump the gun which everyone has already stated but you merely wrap it in different text to make it new.

It doesn't, okay, we can come up to that. I got here later than anyone and even before seeing the others comments, I thought your move was sketchy and because of the same reasons, let's be real, there aren't many to present. I should've used the word original and eplained myself a little better.

Fourth, why is it not a valid argument? Do be clear.

It's based on anecdotal evidence. Sure, I may not have seen mafia do that, but that doesn't mean there is a correlation between '1st day vt claim' and 'not being mafia'. Can it be an indicator of the probabilities of that happening? Yes, but I can't solely rely on that, so I vote you, gauge your reaction, add that up with all I thought about till now and come to the definitive conclusion. Rather do this to be sure.

Fifth, define how a sketchy move is instantly mafia. Most town get lynched because of sketchy moves, js.

Aren't you voting me because my move looks sketchy and sheepy? But it's okay, I have no problem carrying the heat.

Your defense is solid enough, your attack leaves me doubting (but that's cos I'm the target and we both know at least one thing the other doesn't), so let's leave a clean slate. But I'll still be forming an opinion from now on.

[un- Lynch] Kiyotaka Ishimaru

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
This whole Kiyo conversation is dumb

Also for some reason I got a message saying that I lost my previous role
The only roles that do that, it would appear, are the Visitor and the Dark Angels. Either way it would make you scum or scum-affiliate lmao.

Also, there doesn't seem to be any reason why the person gifted a role by the Magic Man shouldn't come forth and reveal that, considering that it signifies their impending demise and it would also be helpful to know which roles the mafia are trying to build up. So, yeah, whoever has that should probably say something. Lol

Last edited:

Sparkin

Also, there doesn't seem to be any reason why the person gifted a role by the Magic Man shouldn't come forth and reveal that, considering that it signifies their impending demise and it would also be helpful to know which roles the mafia are trying to build up. So, yeah, whoever has that should probably say something. Lol

uh...that's me.

Nakuzami

Years
Since there's nothing in the Magic Man's description that says the abilities he gives out overwrite a player's original abilities (they could, but they don't necessarily need to) and the fact that you said that you got a message that only said you lost your previous role (not that you got a new one) and you just opted to not mention what your new abilities were when trying to piggyback on my post as a claim, I'm going to choose to remain quite skeptical of that at the moment lmfao.

Sparkin

Just by curiosity, you didn't refer to the Magic Man just by curiosity, right?
You're not actually mafia using the Magic Man as an excuse to appear innocent, right?

Nakuzami

Years
Simple: not all scum in this game are maf.

And I honestly would believe that he's telling the truth about losing his role and just wasn't paying attention to what that meant, so essentially admitted to guilt without realizing it, and then tried to latch on to my mentioning of the Magic Man both to try to clear himself by claiming that he got a new role, and to immediately try to flip my mentioning of said role back on myself as some sort of evidence of me being maf.

Overall, 1/10 trash play.

Back