• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hurricane Katrina

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Hurricane Katrina

Crobat (F) @ Damp Rock
    Ability: Inner Focus
    EVs: 176 HP/82 Atk/252 Spd
    Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Brave Bird
    - U-turn
    - Taunt
    - Rain Dance

Does it's job as a lead. Outspeeds every lead bar random scarfers and Electrode. Electrode usually taunts as I U-Turn off the field. I was originally considering Roost over Taunt, but Taunt has proved to be beyond invaluable. It keeps the hazards off the field, which really hamper Rain Dance teams. Brave Bird is only used once my three Rain Dance sweepers are out for the count.

Hurricane Katrina

Omastar (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Swift Swim
    EVs: 6 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
    Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Earth Power
    - Hidden Power [Grass]

Premiere Rain Dance sweeper. It's actually pretty bulky and it loves to switch in on Normal and Fire-type attacks. I usually only need Surf, which does a great deal of damage as expected. Ice Beam lets me hit those bulky Grass-types, usually for a 2HKO. Earth Power handles Toxicroak and Electric-types (though usually all Electric-types are handled by Surf). The Hidden Power is where I've been stuck. I've been using Grass, but I feel Electric will prove to be more valuable. I feel my team vulnerable against Mantine all together. Without Grass, Omastar is walled by Gastrodon, Quagsire and Whiscash (lol). I do have Ludicolo to handle them though.

Hurricane Katrina

Ludicolo (M) @ Life Orb
    EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/6 SDef
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Waterfall
    - Seed Bomb
    - Ice Punch
    - Swords Dance

Dark_Azelf's favorite set. Seriously, I was expecting to be underwhelmed by this set as Ludicolo has an unimpressive Base 70 Attack. However, with an SD under it's belt, it has over 500 Attack. Water / Grass / Ice has decent coverage. The surprise factor is what really makes this set works. It's normal switch-ins are either hammered by boosting Attacks or switch out and let me do some damage, hopefully for a 2HKO.

Hurricane Katrina

Clefable (F) @ Toxic Orb
    Ability: Magic Guard
    EVs: 252 HP/6 Def/252 SDef
    Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Seismic Toss
    - Wish
    - Rain Dance
    - Stealth Rock

Kind of a strange set. Haven't really used it to pass Wish yet, so may just make it Softboiled. Rain Dance in case Crobat is KO'd and Stealth Rock helps me net some important KOs. If anyone's replaceable on the team, Clefable's it.

Hurricane Katrina

Floatzel (M) @ Choice Band
    EVs: 46 HP/252 Atk/212 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Waterfall
    - Crunch
    - Ice Punch
    - Frustration

Neglected because of all the attention on Kabutops. For some reason, people usually Taunt this baby, only to take a Waterfall to the face. With Rain on the field, nothing outruns this baby. The Speed is there just in case there is no Rain, so I can still outspeed necessary Pokemon.

Hurricane Katrina

Gorebyss (F) @ Life Orb
    EVs: 6 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
    Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Hydro Pump
    - Ice Beam
    - Hidden Power [Electric]
    - Psychic / Rain Dance

Gorebyss is another Rain Dance sweeper. I'm considering putting Rain Dance over Psychic for last resort support. Psychic will OHKO Toxicroak, who tends to plague Rain Dance teams. Handles Mantine as well with HP Electric.

This team is basically all offense and no defense. I rely on resistances as my only "defense."

Last edited:
    Years
    Clefable kicks @$$, I've actually used one similar to it.
    Glaceon looks alright at the moment but later on, you might consider changing it to a Medicham, I find them stronger than Gallade.
    Otherwise, pretty good team. Your only problem is that your team could be completely walled by Ground / Water if you don't go with Grass HP on Omastar.

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
    Yeah, Glaceon could use some work. And maybe switch Crunch on Buizel. Besides that, 2 thumbs up!

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Frustration > Return. Water/Normal hits everything for neutral damage besides Shedinja, Empoleon, Giratina, and Dialga.

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    I'd like to note that Frustration just sounds more awesome than Return. Seriously, when you have a Choice Band, I'd rather be raging than being loyal.

Anyway, this is a rather solid RD team, and I love the SD Ludicolo. LO Hitmonlee can give you problems by coming in on Clefable, seeing that Rock/Fighting scores an SE hit on 2/3 of the team. With only one Rain Dancer though, things can be problematic if you can't get it running again.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    I may throw Rain Dance > Reflect on Clefable.

I'm thinking MixedScarfLuxray > Glaceon also

ABYAY

Years
    I can also see the lack of a Dark resist, but on another hand, the only huge threat with Dark attacks is Absol. Drapion is there too, but...you have enough speed to beat it. Still, that priority Sucker Punch can and will put a hole in you. SD Absol is a threat here, or to a lesser extent, CB Absol. You can outpredict it, but with no entry hazards, it can keep coming and coming.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Well I do have Stealth Rock on my team.

How about Technitop > Glaceon.

Years

Could work. As long as you're fine with losing an efficient revenge killer. It can deal with a number of threats very well, but doesn't have the versatility of a powerful scarfer. Make sure you run Sucker Punch, as you lack another way to effectively deal with Mismagius.

ABYAY

Years

Sorry, didn't see that SR was on Clefable. Disregard that part of the message.

Technitop, or to another extent, LO Hitmonlee with Mach Punch can work for you here since both can pretty much tear up Absol. Hitmontop is more sturdy, so stick with it to give you a makeshift Rock resist.

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2011
    BTW bullet punch > sucker punch for dealing with mismagius - otherwise it just subs and CMs on you.
    Bullet punch is a definite 2hko with max atk evs and adamant - though it doesn't matter as you go before it subs, therefore 2hko after it gets one attack in on you, unboosted shadow ball generally does under 40% (or switches).

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Your team is going to be decimated by Physical walls once Omastar is gone if you put Lee/Top in there. I would recommend opting for a fast special sweeper- since this is a Rain Dance team, Scarfpedo or Gorebyss would be a good idea.

Years
    If some random scarfer kills crobat or rain runs out with no crobat..things could get ugly..
    You could give glaceon sleep talk>toxic to absorb status.Otherwise i say replace it with a more effecient revenge killer..
    Rain dance could go on clefable...

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Sorry, didn't see that SR was on Clefable. Disregard that part of the message.

Technitop, or to another extent, LO Hitmonlee with Mach Punch can work for you here since both can pretty much tear up Absol. Hitmontop is more sturdy, so stick with it to give you a makeshift Rock resist.

BTW bullet punch > sucker punch for dealing with mismagius - otherwise it just subs and CMs on you.
    Bullet punch is a definite 2hko with max atk evs and adamant - though it doesn't matter as you go before it subs, therefore 2hko after it gets one attack in on you, unboosted shadow ball generally does under 40% (or switches).

Yeah, I always run Bullet Punch on my Technitop to deal with Ghosts.

Your team is going to be decimated by Physical walls once Omastar is gone if you put Lee/Top in there. I would recommend opting for a fast special sweeper- since this is a Rain Dance team, Scarfpedo or Gorebyss would be a good idea.

Most Physical walls in UU are weak to water (Steelix, Claydol, Shuckle) and are usually handled by Ludicolo / Floatzel.

If some random scarfer kills crobat or rain runs out with no crobat..things could get ugly..
    You could give glaceon sleep talk>toxic to absorb status.Otherwise i say replace it with a more effecient revenge killer..
    Rain dance could go on clefable...

Clefable absorbs status.

I'm trying Gorebyss at the moment.

Last edited:

Gunners

wants Arsenal to pwm everyone!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2009
    for your ludicolo, i would say try this

-rain dance
    -ice beam
    -surf
    -grass knot.

0HKOs most of OU

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    for your ludicolo, i would say try this

-rain dance
    -ice beam
    -surf
    -grass knot.

0HKOs most of OU

I'm using the SD set for a reason. Hits it's usually counters really hard.

I'm still using this team and wouldn't mind some advice on something to replace Clefable. Is there anything that resists both Electric and Fighting attacks. Rotom might work.

ABYAY

Years
    Well, you're probably gonna go "wtf" at me, but Parasect resists both, gets a boost in the Rain, and gives you support with Spore and Stun Spore (just in case your RD wears off.) Rotom is there as well, and even Exeggutor if you want me to go there. Sure, Rain Dance does nothing for it, but it provides said resistances.

Back