• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"I’m ready (to die), but I’m going to wait for the movie."

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    I felt so sad reading that. I loved "Up" so much when I saw it (I almost cried watching it; my mom really did cry), and for that movie to be the girl's last... Wow. And for Pixar to do something as sweet as this... Wow x2.

To be honest, I'm glad she got her final wish. I think it would've been even more tragic if she had died before she was able to see it, or if she died during the middle of it.

Hopefully her soul is at peace, up in the heavens above.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    That's wonderful. Not the dying part. Just the fact that she got her last wish.

Much better than all the murder threads that are going around.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    omg that's so sad but awesome. Just wow. R.I.P Colby~

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
    That was an amazing story. I can honestly say that warmed my heart. That employee has a heart of gold, and I can guarantee you his act of kindness won't go unnoticed.

It really is a shame that the poor girl had to die at such a young age, though.
    R.I.P Colby

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    What a piece of work is a man, how noble in reason, how
    infinite in faculties, in form and moving how express and
    admirable, in action how like an angel, in apprehension how like
    a god! the beauty of the world, the paragon of animals—and yet,
    to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me—
    nor woman neither, though by your smiling you seem to say so.

-Hamlet Act 2, scene 2, 303–312

A brief candle; both ends burning
    An endless mile; a bus wheel turning
    A friend to share the lonesome times
    A handshake and a sip of wine

So say it loud and let it ring
    We are all a part of everything
    The future, present and the past
    Fly on proud bird
    You're free at last.

-Charlie Daniels

R.I.P. Colby. Ten is such a young age to die. A last wish for most is something super spectacular, something that is like going to Disneyland. But, no, her wish is noble. I could not even comprehend death, nor would I would be ready to accept it.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    It's f'd up 10 year olds even get cancer. Makes me wonder what we're doing wrong to have these childhood diseases on the rise. But i'm glad she got her wish:))) May she RIP.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Wow, that was a very warming story. Glad Pixar actually did that for her. Hope she RIP. :)

Starway

Artist and Gamer
    Years
    I read about this is the Wii news channel. Really sad but a sweet thing for Pixar to do. Like everyone else said: May she rest in peace and I hope the family it's best.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    This is very sad to hear, it touched my heart. I wish the best for the family. At least there is some good in the world.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    This is just sad...
    From her will to watch the movie, you can feel that she is nothing but an innocent child just wanting her favourite thing - movies.
    May she rest in peace.

It has been nice of Pixar to do so. And like someone said, it kinda felt good to know that there still is good in this world.
    With all the recent thread here, and from what I'm seeing around me these days, it is becoming increasingly obvious that this world is taking a turn that it isn't supposed to, fo the sake of people. A few good event in the middle of all these just... makes me realize that it isn't all there is to this world.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    It's good that she got her dying wish. Losing people is always tragic, but knowing she got what she wanted before she died would have made the experience a whole-lot less painful for her parent and friends.

Good on Pixar for doing that, though.

Hope she rests in peace.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    What I find amazing is how Pixar actually agreed to send the girl a DVD of the movie and not make a big fuss about it and brag about it to the media. And it's sad how she died, with her eyes closed throughout the movie because of the pain she was feeling.

Devil Theory

Symphony of Destruction
    Years
    This has to be one of the nicest, most heart-warming things I've read in a long time.

It's amazing how a big corporation would do that for a dying girl. Truly amazing.

pkmnhippy

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Sep 9, 2011
    That's awful, she couldn't even see the movie properly.
    It's good to know there's some good left in the world.

Back