• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen I can't see Mirage Island today...

In RSE, did you ever encounter Mirage Island?

• Total voters

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
  • I think they should now do it appear certain days (based on the console calendar )or appear at a certain time of day. I've never had the opportunity to go to mirage island in the 10-11 years that I play Ruby ( and maybe I'm never gonna get to it in the original Ruby since the internal battery run dry :/ )

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I think they should now do it appear certain days (based on the console calendar )or appear at a certain time of day. I've never had the opportunity to go to mirage island in the 10-11 years that I play Ruby ( and maybe I'm never gonna get to it in the original Ruby since the internal battery run dry :/ )
    But maybe it could be made easier this time around with the ease of trading! If Wonder Trade is brought back you could have loads more Trainer IDs so much faster.

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
    Years
  • But maybe it could be made easier this time around with the ease of trading! If Wonder Trade is brought back you could have loads more Trainer IDs so much faster.

Yeah , I totally agree because since generation IV trading became easier with GTS ( Global Trading Station ? I'm not sure about the name since I'm not used to the Generation IV / V / VI stuff :P ) I bet trading via WiFi will be available in Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire and consequently access to mirage island will be easier ( If they stick with the old method with the trainer ID's )

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • What about Mirage Island?

I know there already is a thread for this in the original Gen.3 discussion board, but this got me thinking... Would Mirage Island return in ORAS? :)

It would be a great and welcome challenge imo, since I only have been to Mirage Island once back in R/S/E... Took me some time though to get there, if you remember you could go to the guy in Pacifidlog Town and everyday a random number would be generated. If the number matched, you coul visit Mirage Island on Route 130.
    It is very unlikely and rare that players could visit this island though, even though there isn't much to do, it's the only place where you could catch wild Wynaut and get a Liechi Berry.

So what do you guys think? Should Mirage Island return and if so, should there be some changes to the whole thing? Like easier to access, more Pokemon to catch or anything else, what would it be in your opinion?

It would be fun to experience this challenge once more, since it's rarer than a random shiny encounter :3

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    I know there already is a thread for this in the original Gen.3 discussion board, but this got me thinking... Would Mirage Island return in ORAS? :)

It would be a great and welcome challenge imo, since I only have been to Mirage Island once back in R/S/E... Took me some time though to get there, if you remember you could go to the guy in Pacifidlog Town and everyday a random number would be generated. If the number matched, you coul visit Mirage Island on Route 130.
    It is very unlikely and rare that players could visit this island though, even though there isn't much to do, it's the only place where you could catch wild Wynaut and get a Liechi Berry.

So what do you guys think? Should Mirage Island return and if so, should there be some changes to the whole thing? Like easier to access, more Pokemon to catch or anything else, what would it be in your opinion?

It would be fun to experience this challenge once more, since it's rarer than a random shiny encounter :3
    Hi there Delphox, I just had to merge your thread in here since this one serves all discussion about Mirage Island, so feel free to continue your thoughts and discussion in here :]

That said, I reckon we'll see it return. I do think it will be easier to see Mirage Island though. I hope they do more with it too! With the way trading has gone, it will hopefully be a lot easier to see. I never got the chance to see it in my lifetime, so I'd love to have the chance of encountering it now that the odds should be a bit higher with the new connectivity in Pokémon games. Though as I say, I hope more is done with it; a berry and a baby Pokémon are a pretty small reward for such a rare island! Also, it looks so much more mystic in the anime, so hopefully it will look more interesting in OR&AS.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2022
    I think they should now do it appear certain days (based on the console calendar )or appear at a certain time of day. I've never had the opportunity to go to mirage island in the 10-11 years that I play Ruby ( and maybe I'm never gonna get to it in the original Ruby since the internal battery run dry :/ )

Completely agree, I never saw mirage island while playing Sapphire for hundreds of hours, I only found out today that it was Faraway Island where you find Mew I used to think it was mirage Island when I was young...

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    I do hope Mirage Island returns,but with some sort of added purpose. In R/S/E the only things that could be found were Wynauts and some sort of berry,which honestly isn't very exciting as one could breed for a Wynaut without ever having to go to Mirage Island. I was thinking one could encounter Latios and Latias where they would then roam Hoenn,or act like the legendary birds in X/Y,where both would roam Hoenn and after a certain amount of encounters they'd settle in Mirage Island.

Years
  • When I was young, I had a really bad day; I thought I'd play Ruby to be relieved from stress. I was talking to people on Pacifidlog Town, hoping they'd give me something new. I found an old man inside a house, staring at nothing. He told me that he could see the Mirage Island, and I didn't even know what the hell that is. I surfed east, 'cause he saw it there, then there's this island. I got really excited, but all I saw was a berry, a different kind, I picked it up, and searched the tall grass, I found Wynauts over and over again then I didn't give a ♥♥♥♥ about that island anymore.

Years
  • I'm sure Mirage Island will return, and probably will be the same in terms of difficulty in accessing. I was lucky enough to visit Mirage Island once in my Sapphire. It was boring though, just Wynauts and berries. Not a big deal lol.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2016
    I was only able to see it once in my sapphire game a long time ago. I think it would be cool if they put a hidden mega stone on it for ORAS though. Maybe the Latiosite/Latiasite? Then getting to the island would serve more purpose.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • I never saw Mirage Island and never will. Mirage Island is just a waste to potential in RSE but if they would add let say non-Hoenn natives and some Mega Stones, maybe its worth their while.

Mega Wobbuffet confirmed!

I'd love to see Mirage Island come back but more accessible if it had some actual use. Gimmicks are enjoyable :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    Here's my idea on how they could make Mirage Island more accessible. It actually seems fairly likely to me. They could make an item that when held by a Pokemon sets the Mirage Island indicator value to that Pokemon's. But this item wouldn't be found through normal gameplay. It would be an event item distributed by Nintendo (Bonus points if it's distributed as a held-item on a Zoroark.)
    Nintendo does these event releases to motivate people to buy their games sooner rather than later. So I could totally see them doing this to reward players who bought the game fairly early.

Plus it's just too easy to never see Mirage Island in a normal playthrough. It is literally rarer than finding a Shiny Pokemon. And there are people who, to this day, have not seen a Shiny Pokemon in the wild outside of the Red Gyrados. Granted even if they change it so that the old man checks the Pokemon in your PC as well it will probably still be too rare for not enough payoff. Some Wynaut and Liechi berries? You can catch Wobbuffet in the Safari Zone and breed to get Wynaut. A Liechi Berry may be very useful but it's still not, in my opinion, worth the difficulty required to get it.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • I've almost completed the Pokedex on my Sapphire and the save is from around the year 2005. I have never been to Mirage Island. I've also never encountered a Feebas, I ended up sharking a Milotic and breeding it with my Swampert, then releasing the Milotic and evolving Feebas the normal way. Every Feebas I own are descended from my Swampert and that sharked Milotic and they've spread to every Gen III game, several Gen IV games and one of my Gen V games. None have reached Gen IV. With all the trading I've done, you'd think I would be able to eventually see Mirage Island. The Berry Glitch is still in effect and I'm pretty sure it'll stay that way until [if] I start a new game. I've tested every single Pokemon in my PC and I only have two boxes that aren't full. None of them ever trigger Mirage Island. I hope they change how Mirage Island is encountered in the remakes.

Years
  • Never got to see it, and I don't really lose any sleep about it haha. It would've been a cool experience and a memorable one, but not much other than that. I basically would've bragged to my friends about it for a few days, and forget about it in no time. If they do bring it back, they should try to make it worth the unbelievably difficult process you have to go through to visit the island.

4D73R

Trainer Cobalt
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    Yes. Simply by pure luck. Twice. I was flipping, I thought I was going to get a legendary or rare Pokemon, I ended up leaving with berries and Wynaut... I thought that it was where I could catch other starter Pokemon, but it wasn't. That's what the rumor was at least.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • It'll still be once in a very blue moon. Didn't see it in the originals after all these years? You won't be able to go there in ORAS either unless you can make it appear by transferring a genned mon with the necessary values.

kirbasaur

Human-Ivasaur hybrid
    Years
  • IDEA IDEA IDEA

Since it is ether an ilution or hidden by an ilution, I think if you have one or both or zorua or zorark in your party then the guy will always say it is there!!!!!

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    Another incentive just struck me. What if all the Pokemon on the island (Hopefully more than just Wynaut) had a certain number of IVs and/or was guaranteed a hidden ability?
    I'd honestly like to see Mirage Island play host to a number of different Pokemon. Specifically Ditto, Zoroark, Smeargle, and Wynaut. Since all of them have to do with illusions in some way.

Back