• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen I can't see Mirage Island today...

In RSE, did you ever encounter Mirage Island?

• Total voters

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
Years
  • I never got to see Mirage Island... ;-;

Also, I'm not sure how its done, but I'm sure like Team Fail said that it helps if you trade.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • XD In all my years of playing Pokemon Sapphire and Pokemon Emerald (and even Pokemon Ruby), not once have I seen this darn infamous Mirage Island. XD It's really irritating, especially after I've attained 999:59 (maximum play-time) in Emerald and I now have a broken internal battery.. >_>

With the ability to trade on a global scale now, will ORAS make it easier to find Mirage Island? Or will they change how to access it and make it easier/harder?

I doubt global Pokemon trading would make that much of a difference in regards to encountering Mirage Island... If you wanted a Pokemon with a different personality value, you could just catch another random wild Pokemon, right...? I don't think that personality values of a given Pokemon are specifically tied to Original Trainers or something...

As for encountering it, the method needs to be kept the same; it is ridiculously hard to see as it is! I kind of hope the Liechi Berry is made hard to get but reasonably attainable in OR/AS (like as a costly Battle Frontier prize?), instead of having to rely on an island's appearance to have the best Pokemon Contest Conditions/performance. >_> I don't really care about Wynaut, because I can just breed Wobbuffet...

Cartridges that haven't hit maximum play time but have a broken internal battery (the one that tracks clock-based events) arguably have an easier time encountering Mirage Island (since the number stops changing every day and remains fixed, allowing one to potentially test his or her whole PC on the "Mirage Island man"), but the odds are still difficult..

Aquali Umiko

Roaring back with a vengeance!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2015
    I completely forgot about Mirage Island to be honest. I never got to see it, so it was something that didn't impact me too much. I don't see myself pining too hard for it in the remakes, either.

Years
  • I was lucky enough to just encounter the illusive island one day when I still had Ruby many years ago. Of course I have never seen it since.

I think with the ability to trade on Wi-Fi, it'll be easier to gather more Pokemon with different personality values required. (Or perhaps they may change the requirements)

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Mirage Island was a good gimmick, but I didn't see much use of it other than a rare berry. All those Wynaut with Shadow Tag were totally annoying as well. Hopefully there'll be something more to it.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • It'll still be hard as ever to encounter it, even with the global trading. Besides, we've only gotten a single Liechi berry at that island filled with Wynaut. :/

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Personally, I'd like it to be completely removed. Might sound a little harsh, but there's no point to Mirage Island, really, aside from Wynaut and a few rare berries. :( Would be great if they'd replaced it with something else, such a cave of sorts which would give you some form of a rare item of sorts (such as Reaper Cloth, Charizardite, Choice Band, etc. etc.) every time you would visit. Though, I wouldn't really be bothered if they wound up keeping it, but still, haha.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I never saw Mirage Island and never will. Mirage Island is just a waste to potential in RSE but if they would add let say non-Hoenn natives and some Mega Stones, maybe its worth their while.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • never got there, i hope i can get there in the remakes, but i wouldn't want them to make it substantially easier. it'd still want it to remain rare so it could be special.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    I remember talking to the old man every day hoping I would get to see Mirage Island eventually. I never got to see it, and I think I've even had dreams of finally going to it when I was young, haha.

I liked the concept of it, and I would like to see it in the remakes if it's actually worth going to. I was hoping there would be some kind of legendary or rare pokémon or items, but it really was nothing special.

I would prefer they changed the method of getting to it, making it somewhat "harder" in a way, but not completely random. Or maybe having the check be on all your Pokémon instead of just your party.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I encountered Feebas, but never Mirage Island.

It was incredibly elusive.

It doesn't seem as worth it these days due to WiFi trading.

What they could do, is change mirage island so that pokemon who aren't native to Hoenn appear there. (Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos and some Kanto/Johto pokemon) That would increase incentive to find it for people who don't want to just trade in pokemon for their teams.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • This would be a great use of trading!! Wow! I never thought of this!

I never got to see it because I only had my brother to trade with and even then, I didn't have a trading cord. I would like this feature to be used again o:

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Unless Game Freak adds some better Pokemon than Wynaut at the Mirage Island, I'm not going to bother with this.

Years
  • I didn't encounter the Mirage island.. I hope I'll encounter it in the remakes! And that's why I never searched for a video on YT. I read somewhere about it but I have never seen how it looks lol xD

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Got there once and, while I love how cute Wynaut is, and I love how rare Leichi is, it just wasn't worth it. It was just an island with Pokemon you couldn't run away from that had Counter and Mirror Coat and Safeguard plus Destiny Bond. Not exactly a fun place to train or anything. I don't mind if it comes back, but if it does I hope they make it easier to get to and such.

Back