• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen I Challenge You to a Rematch!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    In Gen III one could rematch trainers, along with gym leaders (Emerald only). There were several who would have stronger teams after every single battle up to a certain point, including Wally. Do you think that the rematches will stay the same way? How about the post game rematches? How could they give the non-gym leaders new Pokemon not in the Hoenn dex? Will they be restricted to a certain level up to a point in the game, and then get foreign mons (as well as them being of a higher level) once you defeat the league? Or could their teams just continue increasing level like normal up to the limit, and simply have the replacements (if they get any) be the same levels as those they replace?

Do you think rematches will be extended to more trainers? What are some rematch teams you'll like to see for normal trainers? (discuss the gym, and E4 rematches in the gym and E4 thread please)

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    I really hope rematches return for 2 main reasons:
    1. The Hoenn main trainers have (in general) very boring teams
    2. It honestly doesn't make any sense when trainers say "I'll get stronger" after being defeated but end up not leveling up.

I have just realised that the Hoenn E4 is the only one in the entire series (except Kalos) to not level up after the first round.

If rematches happen, I expect gym leaders and E4 to use a full team of 6 pokemon from all regions. Roxanne with archeops would be cool. The gym leaders could be capped at around Lv68, E4 at around Lv75 with mega evolution (hopefully!) and the champion rematch at Lv78 or so.

For trainers, if the PokeNav makes a return and match call. I hope the trainers get leveled up progressively. They can keep their usual teams but at a much higher level. Maybe they'll be capped at Lv50+?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Gamefreak, pleaaaassseee bring rematches back! Not just in the Battle Maison. Those were not only great ways to gain EXP, but they also brought challenges. And uniqueness! Battling Gym Leaders again was fun. And I loved how trainers would gain stronger as you rematched them, too. It was an all around great feature and its lack of presence in newer games has been a disappointment.

Years
    I'd like to see rematches with the Elite Four and Gym members similar to HGSS' Elite Four where it's a much higher level the second time you face them :)

For normal trainers I think it'd be cool to face Victory Road trainers again, after all, they're all training for the League too and wouldn't just stop after one loss :)

blue

gucci
    Years
    Honestly this needs to return, even if it wasn't originally part of Ruby & Sapphire. It's something that was incorperated into Emerald for a reason to make the gameplay extended and to pose more of a challenge to players who've defeated the Elite Four.

Years
    Honestly this needs to return, even if it wasn't originally part of Ruby & Sapphire. It's something that was incorperated into Emerald for a reason to make the gameplay extended and to pose more of a challenge to players who've defeated the Elite Four.
    Only the gym leaders rematches weren't in the originals, normal trainers were.

I hope we can rematch the Winstrate family

Years
    Rematches were such a wonderful feature and it honestly shocked me that they didn't bring it into the future games. I think Game Freak would be making a smart choice by bringing them back for ORAS.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Rematches exist in each and every recent-generation games, if I'm not mistaken, so them returning in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire is pretty much a given. Would I like to see these things extend to more trainers? Yes, definitely; especially tougher ones. More people we could battle against, easier time we'll be having when it comes to training. What would be best is if they could have Versus Seeker return, somehow, or at least implement its functionality within PokéNav.

Years
    Rematches exist in each and every recent-generation games, if I'm not mistaken, so them returning in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire is pretty much a given. Would I like to see these things extend to more trainers? Yes, definitely; especially tougher ones. More people we could battle against, easier time we'll be having when it comes to training. What would be best is if they could have Versus Seeker return, somehow, or at least implement its functionality within PokéNav.

They have in some form, but Gen V and XY have rematches only in certain areas...with the vast majority of trainers not having rematches.
    Hopefully OrAs will take us back to RSE and DPPHgSs (hopefully HgSs style as they had gym leaders, plus had the E4 had higher level Pokemon too...if added with the scaling of RSE per batttle they'll be great :) )style rematches.
    I think they'll keep the call feature of the Pokenav, like how HgSs still used the Pokegear like the original GS did for the rematches in the Johto games.

Years
    I'd like Trainer rematches to return; however, I want to be able to control when I rematch the Trainers rather than rely on Match Call/Trainer Eyes/whatever they decide to call it randomly allowing me to do so. I disliked that about RSE, so I hope it doesn't return in that way. However, if it does return but a new area dedicated to battling Trainers once a day or whatever pops up, I wouldn't mind it as much. Still, having something like the VS Seeker return would be ideal. Also, like in past games, I'd love if the levels of Trainers' Pokemon rose over a period of time; that way, they'd be a bit more challenging AND would provide more exp. and money(?).

Years
    This is something these games will absolutely need if they plan to make training more bearable than it was in the original games. They could do what they did with HGSS where certain trainers can be rematches on certain days, but I don't imagine it'd be plain and simple whenever rematching.

Years
    This is something these games will absolutely need if they plan to make training more bearable than it was in the original games. They could do what they did with HGSS where certain trainers can be rematches on certain days, but I don't imagine it'd be plain and simple whenever rematching.

There were trainers who could be rematched pre-post game. Even then training wasn't easy. But after XY I wouldn't mind the challenge of training coming back xD.

Again, I think Match Call will return. Btw one could call the trainers up too in the originals. Sometimes they would tell you that they want a rematch during the call. So it wasn't all that random.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years

I disagree, I dislike anything that has to do with days because it almost guarantees that I won't really be able to obtain anything on the weekdays because of school or because I'm too busy procrastinating on PC. Maybe some sort of structure would be nice, like if you call them and you haven't rematched them in x amount of days they'll ask for one, but times and days I have to say are a no-no.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    I prefer the Platinum system. Go to some place and 2-3 trainers will be there to battle. No need to wait for specific days and no need to collect phone numbers.

Seriously, collecting gym leader phone numbers really stink. I think even today I still lack a few.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    I would like rematches thank you. Have trainers actually be stronger, and not like became stronger by one level. And I hope we could rematch Gym Leaders at their own gyms, and not like they did in XY.

Years
    I disagree, I dislike anything that has to do with days because it almost guarantees that I won't really be able to obtain anything on the weekdays because of school or because I'm too busy procrastinating on PC. Maybe some sort of structure would be nice, like if you call them and you haven't rematched them in x amount of days they'll ask for one, but times and days I have to say are a no-no.

They did do what you are suggesting in the originals. Not sure if it was my luck, or if they programmed it that way. I'm assuming programmed.

@ Slayerz The Pokenav unlike the Pokegear just needed you to battle the person and it'll automatically register, so even if they keep the old system from Emerald for the rematches(which would be good too, because as Leijon wants, they do battle us in their gyms) we won't have to do anything extra :)

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    They did do what you are suggesting in the originals. Not sure if it was my luck, or if they programmed it that way. I'm assuming programmed.

@ Slayerz The Pokenav unlike the Pokegear just needed you to battle the person and it'll automatically register, so even if they keep the old system from Emerald for the rematches(which would be good too, because as Leijon wants, they do battle us in their gyms) we won't have to do anything extra :)

Yeah, I was comparing it to HGSS. I dreaded that system. The rematches were good, but the method of getting phone numbers was just pure madness.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years

I knew it was somewhat present in the originals, I was just suggesting that they shouldn't change it or add any features like those because of reasons I said above.

Years
    Horde Trainer rematchs(Assuming more than just the evil teams have horde trainers)

Lol imagine if this actually happend

Back