• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen I Challenge You to a Rematch!

Years
  • I hope that in the post-game rematches the trainers will have more diverse teams. Even in post-game Emerald they had a lot of the same Pokemon.

This I agree with.

Given the amount of Pokemon in the National Dex now, I'm kinda hoping they can get more diverse teams should rematches come back in these games. Duplicates are usually the reason that makes me not like some of these trainers as it's showing a lack of diversity.

I know certain trainers specialize in certain types which means they can end up having dupes but given we've seen Phoebe with a Dusknoir so far, the Hoenn Dex is getting expanded to include the 4th Gen cross-gen evos and maybe even a few more surprises given the Hoenn Dex was severely lacking in certain types, especially Ice and Ghost.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Much like Mega Gallade and Wally, the only reason why we haven't seen or heard of the Pokenav at all is likely because they want to reveal it along with the match call, a good last minute hype creator.

Kelton2

Yes, That One
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2015
    I think it would be cool if drastic changes were made to their teams after enough rematches (ultra-high-leveled pokemon, more pokemon on their team, actually tough movesets, actually worth fighting)

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2015
    I would love to see the PokeNav in ORAS, it may get a tab on the lower screen (where we have the super training \ amie in XY). On R/S/E, i continued the story and almost never came back to rematch trainers. i hope that in the rematches the trainers will follow you (eye contact), or it'll somehow fit in the storyline.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • To be honest even if trainer rematches were in the game I'd be pretty happy, the match call feature itself is something that could be 50/50 to make a return.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Much like Mega Gallade and Wally, the only reason why we haven't seen or heard of the Pokenav at all is likely because they want to reveal it along with the match call, a good last minute hype creator.
    That probably is what they are thinking. We may see it next month or in November (prior to the release of the games that is).

I hope that Wally's team goes up in level like in the originals as well as the rest of the characters.

Back