• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"I don't care. Whatever you want."

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Do you let others decide things for you, leave your decisions up to chance, or make them all yourself?

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    i don't like being the one to decide, usually out of fear that i'm imposing on someone else's happiness. in regards to bigger personal decisions, i won't let anyone steer for me, but i have little faith in myself so i'm always looking to more experienced people for guidance.

Years
    I always decide and I actually hate when people give up their own choices in life. But one thing I have learned the hard way is that you can't make someone make their own choices.

Years
    In the past, I ended up letting others decide things for me. This can be good when I'm indecisive, but bad when it comes to major events... like going to college. I totally changed my plans on that due to my guidance counselor telling me to apply to a big-name school. >_>

Now that I'm living on my own, sometimes I still let others choose for me, but most things I just have to do myself, simply because if I don't, well, who will?

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    I use to let people decide things for me, but now I make decisions for myself because I don't like it when people decide for me.

Years
    "I don't care. Whatever you want."
    Wow, those were the exact words I used when my dad asked what I wanted for dinner.
    Generally though, I don't mind making smaller decisions, but I usually let someone else make them if they're involved too.

Soraine

(*゚.゚)
    Years
    It depends.

I usually know what I want, but I can be really indecisive too.
    If I need advice, I'll follow someone's decision if I agree to it, if not, I'll do what feels right.

But I don't always want things my way, so quite oftenly I'll just let others decide what we do/where we go, etc. Things shouldn't always be the way you want, sometimes you got to let others show you the other options. Be adventurous.

Althea

[For Sale]
    Years
    It depends on what needs deciding and whether or not I actually care about it. Obviously, the big decisions - like what I'm going to study, long-term plans, etc - I'll make by myself, usually off my own back with no input, unless I'm offered professional advice or something. But small things, like what to have for lunch, I'll usually let someone else decide for me, because I honestly don't care one way or the other. xD

If I'm by myself, I can be terribly indecisive, especially when it comes to buying things...of the choice between two things, I'll often pick the third option and not buy either, then leave feeling distinctly annoyed with myself. xD

Ayselipera

Typically when someone asks me to pick something I usually say I don't care, but that's just because I really don't care! I think it can be annoying of me though and it's probably turned into a bit of a bad habit so I do try to actually make a decision myself when I notice I'm doing it a lot.

As for actual big decisions I make them myself. Although I always like to get the opinions of other people before hand or just talk about it with a few people to get a wider view on whatever decision I'm about to make. In the end though it's always my own decision after thinking everything through.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Used to. And I still sometimes do. Not that I like it, but I'm usually a shy person who doesn't really stick up for themselves so it happens. But, I'm trying to now, and it's working.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    I like making my own choices. I don't want other people controlling me telling me I should do this or that, especially if I don't want to.

JimJams

Giggles at the Ghosties
    Years
    This happens with my boyfriend a lot. He'll ask if I want something, and I won't care so I'll ask him if he wants it, and he'll be like 'I ASKED YOU.' and make me decide.

Blargh

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    When I can't come to a decision, I go to pretty much anybody and ask them what I should do. Most of the time I take their advice, but I'm usually asking because I just want someone to tell me what I should do. But if someone tries to get me to do something and impose what they want me to do that will specifically affect my future (since that's usually when people like to share their highly intelligent insight and advice with me), I'm going to go against that, even if it's something that harms me because I get into the mindset that I'm doing it to make them happy above what I want.

Asrossk

The Incompetent
    Years
    Life is a path, one I try to walk alone. I like being more independent but I am always willing to listen to others. We are all only human, and sometimes our judgement may not be the best for a given situation. It takes a true friend to tell you when you are going wrong and help put you on the right path.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    I tend to generally be able to make my own decisions. I'm at an age where I can understand right from wrong. The good and the bad behind my actions. I'm able to face any consequence that will be the result of my choice, or indulge in any benefit that exists because of the choices I've made. There, though, those times where I am completely at a loss for what to do or choose. Times where I'm so confused or lost, that I have absolutely zero idea what to do. That's when I'll turn to practically anybody for advice. But I think that deep down, even at the toughtest of decisions, you already know what you are supposed to do. You just wish you didn't. You only ask for advice when you know what to do, but are afraid to do it. Or at least, that is true sometimes. && When I'm with my boyfriend, I'm really fine doing whatever would please him. The hard thing is... he's fine doing whatever would please me. And because we have absolutely no idea what to do, we just sit around doing nothing, trying to get the other person to think of something to do xDD. Not that I mind that...

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I'm usually very quiet when I'm with a group of people, so I just let them make the decisions.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I'm usually the head honcho unless if I am in with a group of people or even my friends as a matter of fact and there is something that I do not want to do, I would just sit there and not really care.

:t354:TG

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Being the indecisive person I am, I let others make the decisions most of the time. But, if it's a decision that holds respect for my opinion; something that concerns me, I think I would like to decide regardless of how long it'd probably take me. :(

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    Well, I usually will put my vote in on things, but if I can't choose what to do I will say " I don't care ".

Back