• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen I found DP foreshadowing in FireRed

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
  • Hmmm...Interesting....
    I think it was maybe a reference to the Red Gyrados and how they forced magikarps to evolve by signals and radio waves but it may have also been a spoiler :\
    Who knows XD

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • That's not foreshadowing, that's backshadowing (or whatever the word is).

Magikarp in the Lake of Rage were forced to evolved (and thus did so into Red Gyarados) by magnetic and radio waves from the Radio Tower.

Years
  • Was that in the TR hideout? Man, I missed that..xD

For Nosepass - Probass and Magneton - Magnezone, it depends on the magnetic field on Mt. Coronet, right?

Wait, now we're talking about waves? xD

Mm...the shiny Magikarp evolves into Red Gyrados with radio waves, not magnetic waves.

But aren't radio waves part the the electromagnetic spectrum? Which means magnetic waves are part of radio waves?

Not as scientific as a few years ago, xD, don't mind me...xD

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Interesting, did you run by this by coincidence, or were you looking for it? I am not sure if it deals with Sinnoh, but it IS a possibility...

xiraiya

Future Sinnoh Champion
    Years
  • I've noticed several things like that in Fire Red, it's obviously NOT a reference to D/P, but the johto games to give those who Played G/S/C something to remember.

For example one of Oaks aide comment about him having a Radio show "soon" which he did during the G/S/C.

They're just "plot consistency" hints to help explain the fact the Johto games DID indeed follow on from Red & Blue.
    Also, it could be foreshadowing the Johto remakes on DS, which D/P well and truly does to an annoying degree.

D/P foreshadowing would be something relevant like mention of the sinnoh region, Prof. Rowan etc.

Last edited:

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • I think this is more likely a reference to D/P than G/S/C. The waves used to evolve Magikarp were always called Radio waves, not electromagnetic waves. And yes, I know that Radio wasves are electromagnetic waves. But the wording seems more similar to D/P than to G/S/C

nssfleahedgehog

Master of the W Universe
    Years
  • Interesting, did you run by this by coincidence, or were you looking for it? I am not sure if it deals with Sinnoh, but it IS a possibility...

Yes, I did just happen to find this by coincidence. The pic is in the Rocket Warehouse on Five Island. Now that I think about, it might be a reference to the Lake of Rage incident in GSC, and they just said the wrong thing, but........ Magnetic waves = Magnezone & Probopass!

Anyone else have an opinion on this?

xiraiya

Future Sinnoh Champion
    Years
  • I don't really know, it just seems too vague to say it's hinting at D/P, I mean can anyone honestly think "Oh wow they're going to make games called "Diamond & Pearl" set in the Sinnoh region, just from that magnetic wave thing?

I think people are thinking too deep about this when it probably does not even mean anything.
    I just think, if it's a reference to anything it would be the Johto games.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I actually think it may be the other way around, that the guys developing D/P/P names the evolution waves "electromagnetic" basing on that line.

Or maybe they aren't related at all, something also very likely.

These lines undoubtely reference the Lake of Rage happening in G/S/C.

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
  • Oh, and radio waves are part of the electromagnetic spectrum, meaning they're electromagnetic waves too, sort of. :\

Yeah. I think they're different frequencies...or is it wavelengths?

Anyway I think its just backshadowing.(?) The Nintendo guys were probably like, "Hey, we need a new way to evolve these guys that's new and different...how about leveling them up in Mount Coronet?" and then they just came up with the "electro-magnetic waves" thing after.

Agent Cobalt

Proud U.S. Army Soldier
    Years
  • It might not be about the magikarp in Gold and Silver, but that doesn't mean it has to do with Diamond and Pearl... I mean, did Team Galactic even have anything to do *at all* with Probopass and Magnezone?

Back