• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I hate Paul

Do you like Paul?

• Yes

Votes: 39 62.9%
  • No i hate the arrogant guy

Votes: 23 37.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LittleMiss

Ghosts are Special
    Years
    Well acting liking he does always backfires. I don't like any cruelty to living beings or animals. I don't care about his personality if he wants to come off as all great and a know it all, that is fine. But I have a real problem with his training. He is a immature and irresponsible owner who uses bullying as a training tactic. It shows he is insecure and have no confidence. It takes a real person to get through defeat and losing is just a part of learning. He is afraid to lose because he can't handle it. So Paul is a loser IMO.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    His 'bullying' works. Did you see Chimchar Flame Wheel those attacks all at the same time?

Yes, but at the cost of breaking pokemon emotionally XD. I mean like not to say that his methods are completely ineffective, but he has to generally catch pokemon that are already tough for that to work. I mean Chimchar isn't like Electabuzz, Torterra, or Weavile. He needs a bit of nuturing not just battling. See that's the thing about the show, you have to relaize that it isn't soley about battling, it's also about loving your pokemon.

Years
    I just really don't like Paul. He's APAULing! Ah hah hah, get it, get it? No. I didn't think you would. *bricked*

He may add a darker point to the pokemon world, but just- no. Don't insult your pokemon. Dark and evil, don't care. Abusive? Now that's a whole 'nother story.

Years
    I just really don't like Paul. He's APAULing! Ah hah hah, get it, get it? No. I didn't think you would. *bricked*

He may add a darker point to the pokemon world, but just- no. Don't insult your pokemon. Dark and evil, don't care. Abusive? Now that's a whole 'nother story.

That's just terrible. Heh.

Maybe Paul will be a Team Rocket agent in his spare time. Or he wouldn't, given how his Silver character hates them. Heh.

The Infinite Devil Machine

Obvious, with hindsight
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2020
    Ok i just saw Chimchar's tears and i am speechless. If i were to say what is on my mind you will be traumatised right to the spot. So im just going to do a poll

I don't see how you could be speechless, it was typical Paul behavior. Chimchar wasn't living up to Paul's standards so he released it. Paul can be a jerk, but he livens up the anime. I mean, he's a great contrast to Ash and his groupies. I'd like to see a back story that explains why he's such an abusive person, maybe once the group reaches Veilstone. Then there's the whole "He's Brandon's son" theory, but I personally don't like that.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2010
    I made a =n idea for the D/P finale where Paul is Cyrus's son, and becomes a Team Galactic Admin.

Besides, since Team Galactic's HQ is in Veilstone, maybe, just maybe...):)

Sephychu

Moo.
    Years
    • :O
    • Seen Nov 2, 2008
    I don't really like him. He's a lot worst compared to Gary Oak. Gary at least had a joking feel to it than Paul does. Paul is just selfish and self-centered. But he is a great trainer when it comes to battling but emotionally he doesn't fit into Pokemon training very well.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2010
    I concur. Paul is cruel. The only thing I like about him is his Torterra. That thing can really pack a punch.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2010
    Ayways, does anyone believe Paul will change his ways? Or is darkness slowly approaching, as our heroes come closer to Veilstone...?

Years
    Ayways, does anyone believe Paul will change his ways? Or is darkness slowly approaching, as our heroes come closer to Veilstone...?

Don't double post. Hits with mallet.

Anyway, I think he might mellow slightly. That conditioning has been there for a long time, and Gary didn't change overnight, either.

As for Veilstone and Galactic foreshadowing, my hope for that is dead right now. Silly writers.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Well I said yes, but I don't hate hate him. He still has good pokemon, but he teaches them bad. I hate when he makes fun of them or give them a bad name...

Years
    I don't watch the anime, so I can't really say. But I have yet to find how he's so mean. What he does to Pokemon is really the same thing as trading them on DP, but with more emotion. And I'm getting sick of all the happy-go-lucky hippie trainers. =/

Oh, and his voice is the only decent one on the show now. Everyone else sound like they have the flu. And, I know this is crazy, but he reminds me of D. B. Cooper. o___O

Last edited:

Avolition

TEN THOUSAND FISTS
    Years
    Paul is possibly one of the best characters because he's different. He doesn't act all cliché, like the main characters. The normal personalities in the show are getting boring if you ask me. And why would you hate Paul for being arrogant. Ash is just as arrogant, if not more. The only difference is, Ash almost always wins, so he's even worse. Paul also has awesome Pokemon. He just doesn't treat them the best way he could. But I like his as a character because he's not the same old crap as the others.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2010
    Spoiler:

Don't spoil like that.

-Char

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    Spoiler:

Don't spoil like that.

-Char

And what does that have to do with Paul? Make a topic on that and we'll bat it around.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2010
    This is't anythig against you. We're talking about Paul, and how much we hate(or love) him. I'm discussing how Paul and Team Galactic might be connected. Paul lives in Veilstone, Team Galactic's HQ, ad they both use Pokemon in an emotionless and cold manner.

Back