• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen I have a question for generation 6 games (this has nothing to do with anything on the pokecommunity)

Lil.lady.k

Waifer Koruni
Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2020
    (are we allowed to ask questions about pokemon games here? I couldn't find anywhere else to ask some questions so I thought I'd come here) Quick
    few questions. Most everybody knows about the lumiose city save glitch in pokemon x and y, and the hall of fame freezes in pokemon alpha sapphire. Those glitches were found in the earlier copies of the games. If I got a pokemon xy or alpha sapphire game this year, and they were both pre-owned (one more than once), would they already have the patches installed? and how would I know? I'm just worried that my games will break, and I can't connect my 3ds to the internet to fix them! (I apologize if I can't ask these questions here)

Years
  • (are we allowed to ask questions about pokemon games here? I couldn't find anywhere else to ask some questions so I thought I'd come here) Quick
    few questions. Most everybody knows about the lumiose city save glitch in pokemon x and y, and the hall of fame freezes in pokemon alpha sapphire. Those glitches were found in the earlier copies of the games. If I got a pokemon xy or alpha sapphire game this year, and they were both pre-owned (one more than once), would they already have the patches installed? and how would I know? I'm just worried that my games will break, and I can't connect my 3ds to the internet to fix them! (I apologize if I can't ask these questions here)

hi! i've moved this thread over to our previous generations forum as that's where questions like these regarding past generation games would belong. ^^

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    (are we allowed to ask questions about pokemon games here? I couldn't find anywhere else to ask some questions so I thought I'd come here) Quick
    As I understand it, patches don't rewrite anything on the game cartridge itself, but are instead stored in the 3DS's memory, which the game then checks for and makes use of when you're playing the game. They're basically add-ons, or something like that.

So the pre-owned copies aren't going to already have the patches, your 3DS would need to have downloaded them already.

It's possible that the Lumiose City save glitch may not really impact your playthrough, as it supposedly only happens if you save on North Boulevard or South Boulevard, so only saving elsewhere might allow you to avoid. Please take this with a grain of salt though, as I'm not all that familiar with the glitch myself.

Lil.lady.k

Waifer Koruni
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2020
    if i remember right, i think ive saved on the northern/southern boulevards before, and as far as I know, nothing's really happened to my y game. You could still be right though cause i had pokemon x on the same ds (it was pre-owned too) and i had no idea about this glitch and ive heard that the glitch can corrupt your game in many ways and later on in pokemon x i had an error code that i could not fix. That may have come from the saving glitch, but then again that's just my theory. I also noticed yesterday that my alpha sapphire game was pre-owned four times, so that makes me think that it has the hall of fame freeze, but ig i'll just have to be sure and get help downloading the patch. Do you know which version of the alpha sapphire patch i need? thank you for your help!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    The Hall of Fame glitch for ORAS was fixed in the 1.2 patch

Back