• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Talk] i live in five worlds all at once

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    How many text-RPs here do you think you generally currently have the capacity to participate in at the same time?

Be it due to time constraints, interest or just how many main characters you're able/willing to keep focused on at the same time ^^

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • 0 right now and for the past while.

But when I was RPing actively I did around 2 or 3, but how well I managed that is debatable. RPing was different back then, especially since it was a lot less JP-heavy which made it a bit less stressful for me and a lot easier to just post compared to now. Not to say that was a better time exactly but not having to contend with schedules and the like as much definitely made me more productive.

Years
  • I'm in three atm, but two are running at a snails pace lol. I think I could still manage the same number if they were a bit quicker though.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Two seems to be really good for me, and I can sometimes add on an event or more casual rp to that! It might be different if I wasn't also GMing- maybe I would be able to juggle more- but this has been working really well in terms of how much I can write and what pace I can maintain and how much I can dedicate to making a quality story/experience! unfortunately that means i am at capacity 100% of the time because the two rps im in are LONG but somedayyyyy

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • It depends on the RP. In some RPs, I might be able to do 3 at a time, but if it is like most RPs, I only do 1. I would prefer to only do 1 at a time, otherwise I feel like I'd get the story mixed up and start making mistakes.

If I am in one, I have more than enough room to breath and I can focus on that single character.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Oh man I'm definitely only capable of participating in one, rip.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    Honestly... I'm not even sure! There are times when the stars align and I feel ready to tackle multiple roleplays, and times where I end up feeling burned out... or end up coasting along with my characters, without managing to get them anywhere in terms of development or - on the opposite - struggling to find anything interesting for them to even do. That eventually boils down to me not being great at managing my time, and just... I have to admit it, not being great at reading people's posts thoroughly and consistently.

I think I've been doing alright with about 2 or 3 long-form roleplays going on at once so, if I had to take a guess, this would be it. There are definitely moments where I'm glad I'm not focusing on just one roleplay - having different characters to write as and nurture in a sense is rather stimulating, helping me get acquainted with different settings, different emotions, and even different players - but I need to be careful not to overdo it :fufu:

Back