• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I need a signature made please

Status
Not open for further replies.

VillageofDragons

On hiatus from PC forever
Years
  • Hi there. I just recently returned to the forums just because I need a signature made for other sites I use. I was wondering if anyone could make it for me. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Type: Signature
    Size: Roughly 200X300 pixels
    Border: Square with a pink ribbon enswirling around the whole outside edges of the signature
    Background: Just plain black please
    Reference: I want a Hawlucha using the move ThunderPunch upwards and outwards so it looks like they are about to hit a Pokémon and sparks coming off of his fist which is charged with electricity. I don't really know what type of reference I could use for this, so here's the best picture I could find below as an attachment
    Text: No text please

Thanks! :)

Attachments

• hawlucha.png
      hawlucha.png
      263.7 KB · Views: 12
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hmm, it'll be hard to get a good reference photo like the one you're talking about- and generally speaking anime screencaps are a little too grainy and low quality to translate well into tag making. Are you open to maybe just using a Hawlucha that's not specifically using thunder punch? Like how much creative liberty is the artist allowed?

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • There is very little to no issue with this request, other than the fact that there are plenty of shops around here offering exactly what you asked for. If you look in the threads labelled Gallery/Shop or just Shop, people there offer requests for signatures and other stuff. If you find someone whose art you really like, then you can ask them directly in their thread for the signature you desire. I'm perfectly willing to take this on however, but I am gonna say that the Hawlucha image I use is likely not to a screencap from the anime itself since, as Fairy already said, they are low quality and make designing a signature out of it tough.

EDIT: Also @CatmanDaGamer, while you mean well, try not to promote just one person's thread when offering solutions like that. Other people also make amazing signatures, and there are many shops and galleries around. Promoting just one person is detrimental to all others who have shops and galleries, and is rather unfair. Everyone has their favourite, but try and allow others to be seen too.

VillageofDragons

Years
  • There is very little to no issue with this request, other than the fact that there are plenty of shops around here offering exactly what you asked for. If you look in the threads labelled Gallery/Shop or just Shop, people there offer requests for signatures and other stuff. If you find someone whose art you really like, then you can ask them directly in their thread for the signature you desire. I'm perfectly willing to take this on however, but I am gonna say that the Hawlucha image I use is likely not to a screencap from the anime itself since, as Fairy already said, they are low quality and make designing a signature out of it tough.

EDIT: Also @CatmanDaGamer, while you mean well, try not to promote just one person's thread when offering solutions like that. Other people also make amazing signatures, and there are many shops and galleries around. Promoting just one person is detrimental to all others who have shops and galleries, and is rather unfair. Everyone has their favourite, but try and allow others to be seen too.

As I see it there are very few shops around here, and most of the threads on the first page are just people wanting to show off their art. I'm not going to waste my time requesting in someone's thread when they might not even take commissions. If you could make the signature for me I'd appreciate it. You can use any reference picture you want. Thanks again.

Years
  • As I see it there are very few shops around here, and most of the threads on the first page are just people wanting to show off their art. I'm not going to waste my time requesting in someone's thread when they might not even take commissions. If you could make the signature for me I'd appreciate it. You can use any reference picture you want. Thanks again.

"Just showing off their art"
    is what this section exists for. As a side, people are permitted to organize their threads in a way that they can take requests. As Circuit said, those specific threads marked "Gallery/Shop" and "Shop" are specific to taking requests. You can't waste your time requesting a request (a commission is a paid work, don't get those two terms confused) in a thread that wouldn't take it because that's not allowed anyways.

Though we've gotten off point.
    Request threads are perfectly appropriate, so if one of the artists from the shops wanted to do this they would check it out anyways. Thank you guys for the input for helping to create a better worded request, but telling someone to go look through shops or recommending a specific artist isn't really helpful to these types of threads.

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
    Years
  • As I see it there are very few shops around here, and most of the threads on the first page are just people wanting to show off their art. I'm not going to waste my time requesting in someone's thread when they might not even take commissions. If you could make the signature for me I'd appreciate it. You can use any reference picture you want. Thanks again.

Well.
    Yeah.
    Because there aren't very many people that are interested making GFX anymore. And ditto to what Circuit and Nina said, although in my experience, people who have shops will say they're closed for requests outright.

Anyways, I just wanted to pop in and say that. I guess I should say one other tiny thing while I'm typing this. I may be a GFX artist with a shop open, but I'm not interested in taking your request for a couple reasons. One, it's way too specific to be a GFX request imo because the result you're looking for reads more like a digital drawing/painting commission. Two, I'm a very slow GFX artist (compared to Pebbles at least) and even if I took the request, I wouldn't know when I was going to finish it due to school coming up and trying to squeeze it between all of my other interests.

VillageofDragons

Years
  • Well.
    Yeah.
    Because there aren't very many people that are interested making GFX anymore. And ditto to what Circuit and Nina said, although in my experience, people who have shops will say they're closed for requests outright.

Anyways, I just wanted to pop in and say that. I guess I should say one other tiny thing while I'm typing this. I may be a GFX artist with a shop open, but I'm not interested in taking your request for a couple reasons. One, it's way too specific to be a GFX request imo because the result you're looking for reads more like a digital drawing/painting commission. Two, I'm a very slow GFX artist (compared to Pebbles at least) and even if I took the request, I wouldn't know when I was going to finish it due to school coming up and trying to squeeze it between all of my other interests.

If people here aren't interested in making GFX/signatures anymore then I'll just find another forum that will take my request and finish it. It's sad. I thought Pokecommunity members used to love doing commissions for people, but I guess things have changed. Back when I joined this forum had a different background and seemed like it worked a lot more smoothly. This was obviously the wrong forum to try and request the signature. :/ I'll have this thread locked now as all its doing is creating drama. :/

By the way I'm pretty sure most forums still call them commissions, and not requests, even if the artist isn't paid

Last edited:

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    If people here aren't interested in making GFX/signatures anymore then I'll just find another forum that will take my request and finish it. It's sad. I thought Pokecommunity members used to love doing commissions for people, but I guess things have changed. Back when I joined this forum had a different background and seemed like it worked a lot more smoothly. This was obviously the wrong forum to try and request the signature. :/ I'll have this thread locked now as all its doing is creating drama. :/

By the way I'm pretty sure most forums still call them commissions, and not requests, even if the artist isn't paid

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commission_(art)

A commission is paid for. Whether other forums are using the term or not doesn't change that.

Look, I'm sure you can find someone who'll make the sig for you, but having a non productive attitude about it isn't going to help your case. As others have told you, there are a fair few shop threads here where people will likely do the signature for you, but they're unlikely to spend time viewing a single request thread for a single signature. This is literally how it is on every forum I've ever been to. Have a look through the top 3 pages, quote the owner's post with your request (it'll send them a notification) and see what comes of it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back