• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I still think that Lugia should be a Water/Flying Type...

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I don't agree with that a Pokémon has to be psychic to control something.

Yes, but since there's already a water-type legendary that controls the weather, I guess they decided to keep Lugia a psychic-type.​

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Lugia mostly lives around water. It's very rare to see a Lugia out of the water due to its destructive powers:

Pokédex said:
    Lugia is so powerful even a light fluttering of its wings can blow apart houses. As a result, it chooses to live out of sight deep under the sea.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Oh, right, my bad. Even then, this really has nothing to do with Lugia's current typing situation. What does the Brass Tower have to do wit anything?​

Years
    He just made a point on your side, actually. Lugia wasn't always the guardian of the sea. Heck, it didn't even live anywhere near the water until the Brass Tower burned down, so why would it be a Water-type? I doubt anyone would be saying that Lugia should be part Water if it still lived on the Brass Tower.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    But I never said it should be a Water-type. . O.o I was all for it being a Psychic-type.

EDIT: Or is that what ya meant? XD If so, what's the point of bringing that up?

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
    In my opinion, water/flying is x4 effective from electricity. Do you any other legends that are x4 effective on anything?

Years
    But I never said it should be a Water-type. . O.o I was all for it being a Psychic-type.

EDIT: Or is that what ya meant? XD If so, what's the point of bringing that up?

I wasn't arguing against you in my last post, I was arguing on your side, XD. And that's exactly what coolkatkim22 was saying--both of us were making points against Lugia being part Water-type, which is what you've been doing all along, isn't it?

Err. . Moltres has a double weakness to Rock-types. . So, yeah.​

Not to mention Ho-oh itself. Oh, and Celebi has a x4 weakness to Bug, although that's a little less likely to be taken advantage of.

ItzMike

Has made a triumphant comeback
    Years
    i'm gonna go out on a whim here and say.

Lugia was made psychic/flying to give ho-oh a chance.

I mean if it was Water/flying that would give its water moves stab. meaning ho-oh would be useless against it.

Then attach rain dance and mystic water? and what do you have. an almost unstoppable lugia? Exactly

DarthWaffles

IS A FIRIN' HIS LAZAR
    Years
    You realize that if Lugia was truly the POLAR opposite of Ho-oh, then he should be Ice/Flying?

Although I see your reasoning, I believe Lugia was a Psychic/Flying is sensible enough.

LIke the above poster, Lugia's typing was most likely made because of the fact that he/she would be near unstoppable if made differently. Its like gyarados. He would be overpowered if he was Dragon/Water. The main and pretty much only weakness of Gyarados competitively is Electric attacks, but if he were made Dragon, that weakness would disappear, thus making him ridiculously powerful.

And I end my arguement.

PalkiaSpace

Panda Hugger <(^_^)>
    Years
    i under stand that lugia is aimed at the opposite f ho-oh, being water type would only make sence. and since it's already flying, it would be X4 damage if it was water, making it even weaker.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    And I always thought that gyrados should be a water and dragon type.. I wonder why they didn't make him one
    It's been speculated, but not confirmed, it wasn't made part dragon type due to the lack of dragon-type moves.

I wasn't arguing against you in my last post, I was arguing on your side, XD. And that's exactly what coolkatkim22 was saying--both of us were making points against Lugia being part Water-type, which is what you've been doing all along, isn't it?
    Sorry. XD Head colds are such a pain. . >.>

benville

Sponsored Trainer
    Years
    I think its to put Ho-oh and Lugia on a more even playing field. Making Lugia water would give it the upper hand in battle.

Shiny ninetales

crazyness is contagious
    Years
    It makes sence, especialy since it can learn water moves. when i was little i actualy thought it was water untill i caught it lol. also i think there is too many psychic lengendarys. every single generation has atleast two psychic legendarys.
    (gen I:mew mewtwo
    gen II:Lugia, celebi
    gen III:Jirachi, deoxys, latias, latios
    gen IV: Mespirt, uxie, azelf, cresselia)
    THERES TOO MANY!!!!!! maybe they will turn lugia to water in soul silver (or maybe not)

You guys do realise he didn't always live around water right?
    It only lives in water because it is afraid that it can do too much damage on land or something like that. ( it says so on the bulbapedia and lugias pokedex entrys)

Last edited:
    Back