• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I want to use you, but I can only have six Pokemon!

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Just as the title states. Are there any Pokemon that you have always wanted to use bet it never made the cut on your final team for any of the games you have played.

For me that Pokemon is Raichu. I love its appearance and have always wanted to use it but it always seems to slip through whenever I build a team, due to unavailability or other reasons.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Gigalith kinda slipped away from me. I meant to use it on my Black playthrough, but I decided I had enough stuff I was dealing with and just kinda cast him aside. I'll get to him eventually though.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • This happened in Black & White, there were atleast 20 Pokémon I wanted on my team, the likes of Throh, Sawk, Scolipede, Hydrogeon, Archeops, Eelektross and so on, and obviously I can only have 6, I took atleast 2 days deciding a final team (signature) but I guess 6 is a reasonable amount to train, it's still irritating however :(

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Electrode and Rydon. I've always wanted to use them, yet I could never find the space on my team for them.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    It happened this gen for me with a couple of pokemon like Swanna and Scrafty....

Whenever the third version comes out I hope to make a team that includes them though.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • This happens frequently when I played Silver and Ruby. In Silver, my team was complete...until I wanted to add a Girafarig to my team. I had already caught a Lugia and wanted to use it for the E4, so Girafarig was left out.

In Ruby, I wanted both Mawile and Absol on my team...till they were both replaced by Swellow and Solrock.

cipE

Breaking
    Years
  • This definitely happened in Black & White, I sort of wanted everyone in my team haha... so I just sort of took turns using them, which slowed me down.

I used to always want Lapras on my team, but I always had a compact full team, couldn't really do it ;)

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • This happened to me with Mienshao in pokemon White. I was so set on having it on my team, but I needed a surfer :(

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I wanted to use Zoroark in my B/W team, but after I learned that it was an event Pokemon, I scrapped the idea.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I always wanted to use a Milotic when playing Sapphire, but that damn Feebas is just so hard to obtain. I mean... come on! That river has so many tiles, and 6 is such a small number! By the time I got to the river, my Lanturn had already developed to the stage where I didn't really need one anyway. Shame, really...

Years
  • I've never gone through this, as far as I know. I've kicked Pokemon off of my team, but there's never one that I've wanted to use, but never got around to using. There's Pokemon I've certainly desired, but couldn't obtain, in challenges such as the Nuzlocke Challenge, but of course, there are rules preventing me from obtaining such Pokemon.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Yes, so much! Currently in Pokemon Black, I found a Sigilyph and a Vanillite and I'm thinking of using a Joltik. But then there's all these Pokemon that I love like Semisear and Musharna that I want to keep. Though finally I decided to boot out the old members for my new ones.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I usually play through my Pokemon games, using rotation teams, basically I just rotate them out, then grind them, it's pretty east to do if you have time and patience, I've done it on Gold once and managed to get almost every Pokemon obtainable used in one playthrough.

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
  • Well yeah, it happens to me. I wanted to use Pawniard and Volcarona but never did. Also my Cofagrigus and Sigilyph which I meant to be part of my a-team are just sitting in the PC. What I try to do is rotate Pokemon but didn't do that in Black. SIIIGGGHHH.

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
    Years
  • Audino. It's so cute and fluffy and and and and and ;A; I WANT ITTTT
    Too bad it's pretty much outclassed by Blissey in competitive play or else I would totally get it. </3

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I'm currently playing Pokémon White and the two Pokémon that have always seem to never make it into my party: Galvantula and Krookodile. I actually caught a Joltik and Sandile for the intention of eventually switching them into my party, but by the time they were available, I was at a stage with my Zebstrika and Excadrill where they were doing well enough to stay in my party. Eventually, I did switch out my Zebstrika and I'm currently training a Tynamo as its replacement.

Other Pokémon that never made it into my White team include Vanilluxe, Reuniclus, and Jellicent. Sucks that all the Pokémon I really like don't show up until later in the game. D:

I can't think of Pokémon from other generations I could never fit into my party at the moment. I guess I'm too much in Pokémon White mode ahaha.

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    I wanted to use Scizor for my walkthrough of Pokemon Flora Sky, but I ended up using my HM Slave, Watchog. I never used him for battle, but I always forgot to trade out Scizor for Watchog whenever I went to go defeat the Elite Four. Same with the electric zebra, but I ended up choosing Ampharos, who I had used before.

For Sapphire, I ended up having a full water/flying team, which was interesting. For the third generation, my starter never made it into my final party. I dunno why. I always started out with Torchic, and I always meant to choose another pokemon, but I was younger, and didnt think about starting it over.

Crystal was easy with teams, but I wanted to use Slowpoke, and evolve him to Slowking, but he was replaced by Noctowl, who helped alot better then Slowpoke did.

Pokemon ShinyGold [romhack] used Slowking, but I never evolved Onix, who I wanted to use Golem with. Never did tho.

If teams were seven pokemon long, I would get past the game easier...

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    Polygons, I always want to use them but they're so bad. :(

Back