• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I wish smoking wasn't habit forming.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    Kratos doesn't approve of when you smoke

Honestly, is there any true benefit to smoking besides "looking cool"? I don't think even just the monetary cost alone is worth it :p

Did I also mention doing things to "look cool" is simply pathetic?

Even if the cigarettes weren't addictive, I wouldn't be smoking them in the first place. Why? Simply because it's quite pathetic, really.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    Yes you would. The nicotine would do the same thing to my body. It's just what the substance does. Whether or not I'm addicted to the substance wouldn't matter.

Man, I made such a successful thread. I rule.

You don't seem to get the point. A large part of the feeling of relief and pleasure that you get from lighting up comes from the fact that you're satisfying your craving. As Maddaye pointed out, this is due to the nicotine returning your blood pressure to normal, after the addiction has raised it beyond normal.

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    No, you do not rule. People don't think very highly of you in this thread, do they? To be honest, Mr. Green Hair's point is the most logical one I've seen in the thread. What good will you get arguing that "SMOKIN IS KEWL" and all that jargon?

Ageless Irony

MANIC SPAMMER
    Years
    No, you do not rule. People don't think very highly of you in this thread, do they? To be honest, Mr. Green Hair's point is the most logical one I've seen in the thread. What good will you get arguing that "SMOKIN IS KEWL" and all that jargon?

I do rule.

I'm not arguing smoking is cool. I jested that at the beginning of the thread sure, but that's not all I'm arguing. Nobody seems to listen to me here. I am going to say it one more time very clearly.

If cigarettes, and more specifically, nicotine, were not addictive or habit forming, I would freely choose to smoke cigarettes on occasions, just as some people drink wine or beer on holidays. This is obviously not the case in the real world, so oh well. I was just saying.

So why don't you stare at that and let it sink in. Everyone just seems to want to be the righteous one to say "Oh no, smoking is bad, man. You're crazy" instead of looking at what I have to say and why.

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    If the entire purpose of this thread was to "rule", you are possibly the most pathetic person I've ever met on a forum.

I wouldn't want to smoke for three reasons:
    1. They are expensive.
    2. They are unattractive (smell, looks ect.)
    3. Most people would start to be "rebel", which is not something I would like to be associated with (mainly because these "rebels" are nothing more than pathetic teenagers that don't like how their parents don't give them everything).

Look! I didn't even get into the health risks or addiction, which you told us to omit.

Nemaru

nah
    Years
    It doesn't look cool.
    It makes you stink; it makes your teeth yellow and your breath reekk. It also makes you taste like an ashtray; so there'll be nobody kissing you.
    It's gross. And shows you have a pretty low IQ to want to voluntarily damage yourself to "look cool"; when you don't~

Don't get me wrong, I don't support smoking, but that right there is a bunch of bullsh*t. Sure, it's bad for you, but that's really, really exaggerated. Same with those stupid smoking commercials with the Mexican and the voicebox. It's not good for you and may cause some problems, and make you a tad bit smelly, but otherwise not much. My mom has been smoking for like 25 years and she has perfectly white teeth, doesn't smell bad and doesn't have any of those gimmick issues they make up.

Ageless Irony

MANIC SPAMMER
    Years
    If the entire purpose of this thread was to "rule", you are possibly the most pathetic person I've ever met on a forum.

I wouldn't want to smoke for three reasons:
    1. They are expensive.
    2. They are unattractive (smell, looks ect.)
    3. Most people would start to be "rebel", which is not something I would like to be associated with (mainly because these "rebels" are nothing more than pathetic teenagers that don't like how their parents don't give them everything).

Look! I didn't even get into the health risks or addiction, which you told us to omit.

That was not the point of the thread. I like to joke around a bit sometimes. Chill out. You take stuff way too seriously.

Thanks for your opinion.
    Have a nice day.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    Don't get me wrong, I don't support smoking, but that right there is a bunch of bullsh*t. Sure, it's bad for you, but that's really, really exaggerated. Same with those stupid smoking commercials with the Mexican and the voicebox. It's not good for you and may cause some problems, and make you a tad bit smelly, but otherwise not much. My mom has been smoking for like 25 years and she has perfectly white teeth, doesn't smell bad and doesn't have any of those gimmick issues they make up.
    It *will* cause problems. It *will* make you stink. It *will* rewire certain parts of your brain. And it *will* kill you.

Do you know that something like 60% of smokers believe that the *proven* harmful effects of smoking are MADE UP? That's how strong the addiction is; that's how DANGEROUS nicotine is. In the face of rational fact presented to them; a smoker would rather flat out DENY the TRUTH than accept that their addiction is KILLING them.

NeonFire

<insert awesomeness here>
    Years
    • Age 28
    • UT
    • Seen Sep 25, 2009
    I just think smoking is gross. I hate the smell and it's against my beliefs and standards.
    If you wish smoking wasn't addicting, that's fine with me. I'm not going to flame you for thinking that.

Little bit off topic, but I don't really like how when someone disagrees with someone else, they defend themselves by calling the other person a moron, idiot, ect.
    It's called Poke'Community, right? Yes, I know we have disagreements, but we can still disagree and be respectful, can't we?

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    You're really mean and sarcastic, do you feel that you're above others? At this rate you'll never become the moderator you so long to be.
    I've been a moderator here, before; though? What now? :P
    And yes. Yes I do feel as though I'm quite above anybody who chooses to poison themselves and tries to claim it "makes them look cool".

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    You might find it okay in the moment, but the long-term effects are very destructive. Cigarette smoking is one of the hardest habits to quit, and you never can tell how addictive it will be to you until you pick one up. I don't think one puff = cancer, but an incessant habit is dangerously unhealthy and not advised. Though, the choice is yours...I won't call you "smelly" or anything.

Wi-fi Battler

currently in la la land.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2011
    If cigarettes, and more specifically, nicotine, were not addictive or habit forming, I would freely choose to smoke cigarettes on occasions, just as some people drink wine or beer on holidays. This is obviously not the case in the real world, so oh well. I was just saying.

Ahh then cigarettes wont sell as well as they do now. Addictive items sells higher then most other products for as the person NEEDS it, both mentally and physically. so if cigarettes or nicotine wasn't addictive, would you still like the taste? sure you can get use to it, but many people, i believe, will reject it on there first try because they didn't form a need for it. Sure there is peach flavored and all that, but they still give health risks. so lets Review:

If Cigarettes are not addictive, chances are that sales will fall dramatically making cigarettes more expensive and harder to find. Add the chance of a person rejecting it on it's first try (if it wasn't addictive) will make sales go even lower. Health risks will also be a problem for sales for it is not addictive and they don't need it.

Besides those who smoke waste about $420 a month on cigarettes if they smoke about two packs a day. thats a xbox 360 right there with a couple of games. Also those who smoke do reek of smoke, just them self and those who are around them are used to the smell and doesn't smell anything unless there right in your face smoking. My parents wish they can quit and complain all the time, but it is so addictive they can't stop.

There ends my rant about smoking.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
    Addictions get into your mind, making you think you need one, and your body falls into this trap. Once you're in, it's diffcult to escape. An example would be, like Coke...the drink. When you try one, you just want more and more. It's all in your head.

Ageless Irony

MANIC SPAMMER
    Years
    We're still doing this?
    Well, okay...
    Ahh then cigarettes wont sell as well as they do now. Addictive items sells higher then most other products for as the person NEEDS it, both mentally and physically. so if cigarettes or nicotine wasn't addictive, would you still like the taste? sure you can get use to it, but many people, i believe, will reject it on there first try because they didn't form a need for it. Sure there is peach flavored and all that, but they still give health risks. so lets Review:

If Cigarettes are not addictive, chances are that sales will fall dramatically making cigarettes more expensive and harder to find. Add the chance of a person rejecting it on it's first try (if it wasn't addictive) will make sales go even lower. Health risks will also be a problem for sales for it is not addictive and they don't need it.

Besides those who smoke waste about $420 a month on cigarettes if they smoke about two packs a day. thats a xbox 360 right there with a couple of games. Also those who smoke do reek of smoke, just them self and those who are around them are used to the smell and doesn't smell anything unless there right in your face smoking. My parents wish they can quit and complain all the time, but it is so addictive they can't stop.

There ends my rant about smoking.

Addictions get into your mind, making you think you need one, and your body falls into this trap. Once you're in, it's diffcult to escape. An example would be, like Coke...the drink. When you try one, you just want more and more. It's all in your head.

Uhhh...Thanks guys.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    Never had a cigarette.
    And I don't think I'll ever try it in my life-time.

Back