• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

i wish you were dead!

Carter

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2014
    do you sometimes spit out phrases you don't mean then apologize dearly for saying them or not? does anger, stress etc incline you to do that?

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Unless it's an obvious joke, I almost never say something I don't mean. I do go by the phrase "If you've got nothing good to say, say nothing at all". On the occasion I do, though, I do apologize, but not like a maniac.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Oh, I've said plenty of stuff I never mean when I'm angry or stressed out. Never anything as serious as "I wish you were dead!" but harsh nonetheless. Once I calm down, I'll apologize profusely since I never actually mean what I say and I always feel bad for saying it and hurting the other person.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    Yes, I do. Though mostly I say things out of jest or when I'm trying to be funny, I apologize afterwards if I see that I've hurt them. I'm not someone who will say someone incredibly hurtful to them with the intention to hurt them emotionally very severely.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    I do not let my anger control me, I control it. I am not perfect, however, so there will indeed be times where I say things I don't mean. These tend to be on my REALLY bad days, when I REALLY don't feel like ********. I rarely have those days, and when I do, I tend to distance myself from people, I don't need to snap at them. At least until I calm down, a few deep breaths, a few hours to cool off, whatever I need.

femtrooper

Starfleet Commander
    Years
  • Sometimes, but I try not to because if something were to happen I would be sick. So I try to always leave someone on positive terms.

I guess when I was a little angsty I said some rude things to my parents, but we all do. Not things that were awful, but things I regretted and then 10 minutes later apologized for.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    You know, come to think of it.. I've never said "I wish you were dead" to anyone, ever. Actually, I don't think I've ever said it at all, unless perhaps it was aimed at Osama Bin Laden or something. "Man, that guys needs to die already. D;", but that's about it.

I've really never got into any serious fight with anyone to say anything that I hugely regret afterwards. If I felt like I was going to say something that harsh then I'd stop myself, because I hate leaving things on bad terms with anyone. Who knows what could happen.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Does "I hate you" count? That's probably as far as I've gotten when it comes down to it, and I think I've only said it to family members, in which I obviously don't actually mean it. I love my family, and I usually say it jokingly regardless, or if I'm really upset with one of them. Outside of the family though I really try not to say anything that I would regret, and if I do I either didn't mean to, or it's not as terrible as 'I hate you' or 'Just go die'.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I did last night, in fact. Anger tends to overcome me, especially in my current living situation and the fact that my family and I do not see eye to eye on a LOT of things. I never apologize afterward though; that would be akin to admitting defeat, which I am not prepared to do in this ongoing battle.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I have a biiiiiiiiiig tendency to say stuff like the title sentence in a joking manner, but often forget to change my intonation. It makes getting to know new people a tad difficult, especially if I start accidentally insulting them without them knowing for a few second.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    The only kind of phrase I once spit out without thinking was something along the lines of "we're going with dad, how about you?", while forgetting that the person it was directed to had no dad to begin with (parents divorced before birth).

Online, I once kind of ridiculed the relationship of two people (yes, one of them is a member of pc) and the girl (she knows who she is) was, naturally, offended. I apologized shortly after as it was just on the verge of the conversation, I didn't really mean it to go that way.

Them aside, no blunders. I'm trying to be careful about what I say around people.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Every time I say something mean to someone, I end up apologizing, whether it's because I've had a bad day and I'm stressed, or even if I was being serious. I don't like being mean, and I end up feeling bad about it, accidental or not. I've never told someone I wished they were dead though. :< ...I don't think anyway.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • I have done it, a few times. I told one of my online friends "couldn't care less" and that upset them. I only said that because I was getting annoyed by the on going arguments we were having, but I soon apologized later. So, yes I have let my anger get to me and had moments where I say something I regret later.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    All the time, one of my many, many flaws. But heck, everyone does anyway. I'm a very apologetic person though, if I ever do I'll apologize straight away. I'm sure I'll make sure I don't hurt anyones feelings if I do spit something out by accident.

Back