• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Icy's Custom Cards

icycatelf

Alex
Years
UPDATE: I kind of inspired myself while throwing out suggestions to someone and came up with a new +PLUS mechanic.

mew__plus_by_icycatelf_d92khlp-375w-2x.png

+PLUS Attacks work kind of like Poke-Powers/Bodies and Abilities, but they require Energy and can't be stopped by Ability-hindering effects. They count as attacks, but you can still attack again during the same turn.

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Almost a year since I last posted here and I've really not got much to show for it... Oh well, here are a few fakes I've done since my last update. (Some of these are pretty huge, so I'm putting them in spoilers.)

When the XY Dual-Type cards were revealed, I wasn't their biggest fan. I thought the templates were lazy, bland, and poorly-executed. However, when aschefield101 released blanks for them, I wanted to play around with the half-Darkness templates (since those have both white and black text). I already had this Shiny Sneasel artwork for another project I'm working on, but it was perfect for the Dual-Type template. Even better since the Dual-Type XY cards all appear to be Shiny.
Spoiler:

And since the blanks were so big, I printed it. I didn't make it holo, but it may just be my favorite print yet. The XY Dual-Type templates are growing on me... well, at least the half-Darkness ones.
custom_card__xy_dual_type_sneasel__printed__by_icycatelf-da2yb61.jpg

I recently remade my Japanese Neo blanks as well. The old ones were pretty bad, just okay-ish enough to kind of give the right vibe. However, the gradients were wrong, W/R "boomerangs" were far too dark and poorly textured, and the card width was even too thin! That's just to name a few of the errors. Here are some of my older cards that I remade with the updated (and now print-resolution) blanks:

Shining Dunsparce:
Spoiler:

Alexpoke:
Spoiler:

And here's one that isn't a remake, although I have used the Shiny recolored art on some of my past fakes. It was going to be non-holo, but I decided to test out the reverse-holo effect. I used the same spoilers that I gave CMP for his Neo Redux Dunsparce (see this for the translation).

Spoiler:

Last up today in the fakes department is another print. Well, prints. My dad was testing out a new printer and was looking for pictures on Google when I stopped him and redirected him to some of the printable jumbos I had uploaded. Why pass up an opportunity to print my cards with someone else's ink? :P

It's double-sided with My Neighbor Snorlax on the front and Alexpoke on the back (yes, the English version of Alexpoke has lower HP). They were printed on separate pieces of photo paper and glued together for thickness. They didn't line up properly, so I had to trim down the borders a bit and Snorlax's right border suffered, but official cards are sometimes misaligned as well. Overall, I'm pretty happy with it. :)

2_sided_jumbo_card__my_neighbor_snorlax___alexpoke_by_icycatelf-da7uejb.jpg

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
I recently hatched a full-odds Shiny Burmy while trying to get a Shiny Mothim, but it was female. I felt bad about not raising it, so I eventually decided to evolve it into Wormadam. I figured Sandy Cloak would be the best fit for me since I'm often sifting through dirt and rock searching for fossils.

I'd never been a fan of Wormadam, but it has started growing on me -- so much that I decided to make a sculpture and card of it for my Gym-style mini set:

f9V0YYg.png

Click for full-size: English | Japanese

Note: In this set, Shining Pokémon can be of any rarity and are determined by their foil effects instead of symbols. This card is uncommon (sparkly overlay only).

EDIT: Here's an alternate version of the Japanese one done in the style of those fake holographic sticker cards found all over the place in vending machines around 1999-2000. Anyone remember those? I always thought they looked cooler than the real things with those crazy foil effects.

56hoOxh.jpg

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Been a while since my last Fakemon card!

alex_s_shining_kalamyte__fake_card__by_icycatelf-db50bts.png
alex_s_shining_kalamyte__fake_card__by_icycatelf_db50bts-375w-2x.png

Kalamyte (Grass/Rock) is based on Calamites, ancient tree-like reeds. I got into fossil-hunting about 2 years ago after stumbling upon a Calamites fossil (my first fossil ever). Since then I've found many more Calamites fossils, so I felt this would be a perfect Fossil Fakemon for me.

emhMSBq.jpg
d0ptCQY.jpg

Japanese version (including sticker):
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
Your fakes always look so awesome. Great job man, the sticker in particular is really cool

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Thanks! I always liked the looks of those old sticker cards.

No sticker version, but I made another card! (Two cards in one month...? What's this world coming to!?)

alex_s_shining_weedle__fake_card__by_icycatelf-db5o9x0.png

Japanese:
Spoiler:

Weedle was my second Shiny ever.

EDIT: Updated the trainer icon and made the English version holo and switched the template with my custom Neo-Gym template.

Last edited:

Bela

Banned
Years
I've been a secret admirer of your work for ages now, but this is the first time I've wanted to say something. I love your fake cards. They're all so beautiful and well-made. <3 Good job man! =)

icycatelf

Alex
Years
I've been a secret admirer of your work for ages now, but this is the first time I've wanted to say something. I love your fake cards. They're all so beautiful and well-made. <3 Good job man! =)

That makes me so happy! Thank you, and I'm glad you enjoy my creations! :D

Hopefully it won't take a terribly long time before I make more. I really need to start drawing again before bed instead of Shiny-hunting...

icycatelf

Alex
Years
I've been wanting to make a Fakemon based on it since I found one snoozing on my front door a couple years ago, but only recently made one I actually like. I hope you enjoy this Gym-style card featuring my rosy maple moth Fakemon!

(Click for larger view)

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Thanks a bunch! I'm really happy with it. I feel that the art might be slightly better-suited for Neo cards, but I really wanted to make it a Gym-style card because, if I ever start playing again, I'd like to have a whole deck of my (Alex's) Pokémon. For casual play, of course.

Here's Aromoth's midde stage. This one might need some tweaks to the wording:

(Click for larger view)

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Could anyone tell me how much these cards are worth? :P

printed_rosy_maple_moth_fakemon_cards_by_icycatelf-db8gag5.jpg

Holo cards are too much hassle, so I just printed Aromoth as a non-holo. Pretty happy with this set, though. :)

Here are some prints I did of some of my other recent cards while I was at it:

zYUZ5cP.jpg

Shame I don't have some kind of sparkly laminate for these.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Speaking of counterfeits, I decided to make a holo Aromoth card after all and the foil I used resembles something you might see on those. It didn't come out flawlessly (I accidentally sat the "foil mask" in a spot of glue, resulting in a couple unsightly blotches), but I think it turned out decent otherwise. I might try to make a better one later, but not until I've got another batch of holos-to-be ready to print (to avoid wasting materials).

QRNSbKC.jpg

I also printed some of my older Dunsparce cards I had never printed before. I'm super-happy with how my signature 'mon (Alex's Shining Dunsparce) turned out!

PWTGHgf.jpg

icycatelf

Alex
Years
I'm trying to take a break from video games for a couple weeks. Hopefully I'll be able to pump out a few more cards during that time.

xander_s_shining_a_sandslash__fake_card__by_icycatelf-dbgfpiu.png
alex_s_shining_a_sandslash__fake_card__by_icycatelf-dbggu9t.png

Japanese Gym blank (left) by Cascade Gonpory. Custom Neo-Gym blank (right) by me.

Years
I like all the work you've put in on that card.

Seeing your blank highlights to me one of the flaws of the English Neo cards, though: the evolution stage box in the top right corner really looks shoehorned into its placement on all Neo era cards.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Had another stab at an Ancient-style card. Not as realistic as my Ancient Azelf, but I figured I'd share.

ancient_gardevoir__custom_card__by_icycatelf-dbkxdcy.jpg

Spoiler:

And here's a Golbat that I apparently forgot to post. It was based on the first Shiny I ever found (Frostbite Fang is a reference to finding it in Johto's Ice Path).

xander_s_shining_golbat__fake_card__by_icycatelf-dbgoyee.png
alex_s_shining_golbat__fake_card__by_icycatelf-dbgq9na.png

Last edited:
Back