• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Idea: Spriting Duels - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Yeah, the judging idea doesn't seem bad, and if there are pllenty of people like you Kaku who are able to judge regularly, then I have no problem.

I just hope Signomi and I can organise this well, since it has been said that the last duels went downhill due to poor organisation.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Dream: Skill levels in spriting and member status shouldn't affect judging, so long as they are capable then they can judge.

Amachi, that's a good point, although those past duels were full of elitism and bullying, which I was sadly part of. They weren't for fun either, they were there to show others up, looking back on it I;m disgusted at how I acted. This time it;s a different cup of tea, it'll be for fun, elitism will play no part in it and most of all everyone will be treated fairly. I promise.

Belzeebub

Spriter
    Years
  • I think it is a great idea, and I would love to be a part of it. I think, as someone mentioned, that if this is to be done, there should be different categories like scratchpokemon, fusions, revamps, devamps, free pixel art and stuff like that.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Yeah, neither of those don't mean anything here.

However, if one were to do an improper job at judging, then they probably won't be allowed to judge again soon after, but maybe after some time has passed.

I think categories would best be decided by the challenger, so yeah, that basically means anything goes ... cept recolors.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Of course, it doesn't need to be restricted to Pokemon based spriting either, it could be something like "Mario and Luigi: SS styled Megaman" or something, it'll have a fair amount of freedom.

Years
  • Even so, many members are too lenient with their comments, saying that everything is great, we really need firm but fair judges who know hat they're talking about. I'd gladly judge, and participate on a regular basis.

I'd also gladly judge, but I'll be participating.

my idea didn't have to go to a thread XD

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
  • I'l glady take part in this, I will help vote and such too. But I am not as advanced as other spriters so my criticism may not be very indepth as Esupio's or Kaku's

[NovaPirate]

And the rest went riding on.
    Years
  • I'll judge, although I'm usually viewed as an elitist. I try to be nice XD
    But yes, the problem with a select few of judges is that most that are good critics are also friends with the good spriters, as they themselves are good spriters, hence them being critics in the first place, as anyone who's lasted long enough through this harsh time of emptiness must be good >.<

Not saying that bad spriter's can't be judges, but of most of the people willing to help, excluding me, well over half are good spriters, and good judges.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Even if you aren't as "advanced" as I am, you can still be a good judge, if this does go through I'll PM you a test or something.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    wa-hey, cool, id help judge and such :3
    *gets the politicn suits out*
    >:E dude. i wanta rival. RIVAL *goes on a schadenfreude spree*
    lol anyway, in all seriousness.
    ithink that prahaps, the duelees (lol people dueling) should have a little right, to choose between themselves how theyre going to be judged. (publically or by selected judges, whove agreed to do it, of course) just a thougth as some people might like to be judged publicly, whilst othes will see populartity as a real issue.
    i just think that giving a choice will alomost persude people to have a shot at it. like.. they have a little power about what goes on e.c.t. :s if you get my point....

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    That way they can ask their friends to vote for them, whereas set judges are completely neutral.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    That way they can ask their friends to vote for them, whereas set judges are completely neutral.

arr, yes and no...
    yes, coz i suppose they coudl do that if they were popular on the public bord. but if they opted for judges, then it would be those who agreed to it here and now.
    that fix it? or do i have the wrong end of the stick? :s

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Judges can apply anytime they want, it won;t just be those offering here and now.

dreemxweever

Full fledged auto mechanic
    Years
    • Age 31
    • U.S.
    • Seen May 3, 2010
    so basicly kaku, as soon as this thing gets started, anybody can sign up to be a judge? then they'll be tested by you or something?
    if thats the case, i like the idea and i agree with you as i have from the begginning.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Exactly my plan, people can apply to judge, all they have to do is pass a test, which wouldn't be too hard of course, it;s just to make sure they're judge material.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    I don't think we'll need such a process for judge applications.

I think anyone can be a judge if they have been active in this area, and have shown that they can give comments and criticism effectively. That's all one needs to be a judge really.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Obviously, but what about people who are rarely in this section but wish to judge?

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Why aren't they in this section regularly?

Why should we appoint judges who have not proved themselves as reliable in this section?

If they wanna judge, first they should come in here and show that they are committed to the activity of this section, just like you and other members are. I think that's fair.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    They;d prove themselves via the test, although i see what you're saying Amachi, but I can;t count above 11 people who regularly give good crit here =/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back