• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Idea: Spriting Duels - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Yeah, but if they wanna participate so much, I can't see why they can't contribute to the life of this forum.

So I personally won't support those who this that they can judge without giving something back to this forum.

Years
    • Age 59
    • Seen Aug 3, 2019
    It's a pretty nice idea. ^^ I'm definitely up for it (especially since we can submit heavily editted already existing sprites).

Just a question... will buildings and/or trees be in?

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
  • The test would certainly work, I'm just not sure it's necessary. I mean, I think that we all know who is capable and who is not here. Regardless, I'm willing to take a little test if I have to. I don't think it's a major inconvenience on potential judges. We should just compile a list of the members who've passed the test. Then when a challenge is made, either the judges could be contacted by the challenger and they could confirm their judges through PM, or when a challenge is made and accepted, the first three judges to post in the thread that they'll do it are locked in. Just a thought...

Years
  • The test would certainly work, I'm just not sure it's necessary. I mean, I think that we all know who is capable and who is not here. Regardless, I'm willing to take a little test if I have to. I don't think it's a major inconvenience on potential judges. We should just compile a list of the members who've passed the test. Then when a challenge is made, either the judges could be contacted by the challenger and they could confirm their judges through PM, or when a challenge is made and accepted, the first three judges to post in the thread that they'll do it are locked in. Just a thought...

I agree with what MegaFuz has said here

and this needs to be decided, do we do this, or do we not do it?

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
  • I believe Amachi and Siggeh are working on ironing all this out right now. Just give them some time. Don't worry though, this idea has in no way shape or form died.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    They already decided the judges as far as I know :D

Years
  • Okay, Amachi and I made the necessary preperations. Now we need you guys to start PMing for challenges. =P

Remember to PM either one of the mods if you and another member have arranged a challenge. We shall make both a discussion and entry thread when we have at least one challenge initiated.

Have fun, and choose your competition wisely. ;)

强有力

Powerful
    Years
  • I am totally up for the idea. What involved? Because i can do edits,recolours, heavy edits, making kinda scratch scenes and stuff like that. Would i be able to do that?

Years
  • Recolours would get a flat out zero from me if I were to be judging a duel. They lack any effort at all. So they won't be allowed. Feel free to do anything else of the choice, as long as you try to the best of your ability. =\

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
  • I don't understand it. Everyone expressed so much interest in this idea and pledged their support and activity, and when it comes down to it, there is none. Perhaps the two threads should be made now so people actually know challenges can be made? I think everyone considered the conversation in here over and aren't bothering to check up. =\

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I agree with Megafuz on this one. People are probably nervous about PMing people or something.

Years
  • Matt, I think they probably haven't checked the thread.

I might go challenge somebody to get it started.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back